• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen THE POKEMON YOU HATE MOST

Imrul Quayes Adnan

The adventure begins from HERE
Years
Like I posted the thread named 'Your Favourite B/W Pokemon' I thought I should also post this thread. I know almost all 5th generation pokemons are lovely, but there are also some pokemons are hated by some people. Hope you guys will share those pokemon you hate most. Don't shy.xD

Years
Cryogonal is by far my least favorite gen 5 Pokemon I just don't like the way it looks and It's moveset is kind of limited Also it has no evolution which kinda sucks as It really needs a evolution Since the way it's now it just weak and gets knocked down so quickly.

Years
I really despise the Roggenrola line. Sturdy is such an annoying ability that it's the reason why I hated facing them, and it didn't help that every Hiker in Unova used a Boldore as well.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Dec 7, 2016
Basculin. I usually love water types but it really just felt stale to me. Even the two colored variations of it seemed lackluster, especially considering that it came around at the same time as the Deerling line.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I really despise the Roggenrola line. Sturdy is such an annoying ability that it's the reason why I hated facing them, and it didn't help that every Hiker in Unova used a Boldore as well.

Every time that 'Sturdy' popped up on the screen I'd laugh c:

As for me I dunno like I really like a lot of the region... EXCEPT THE ELEMENTAL MONKEYS. Such a huge waste of dex space. We could have achieved the same effect with one monkey people!! But otherwise I love everything else :)

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
Years
Every time that 'Sturdy' popped up on the screen I'd laugh c:

As for me I dunno like I really like a lot of the region... EXCEPT THE ELEMENTAL MONKEYS. Such a huge waste of dex space. We could have achieved the same effect with one monkey people!! But otherwise I love everything else :)

I was okay with the fact we had three monkeys, it taught newcomers about the type chart a bit, but... the evolutions were SO ugly...

Years
Heatmor is kinda the 5th gen pokemon I never pick ever, probrably because his design didn't appeal me, his type as well ( im far away from liking fire type in general) and lackluster stat for something you get around end game...other than that, Basculin is a pokemon i often forgot because i feel like it not "complete" like it missing something like a evolution or something?! but nope we got two different basculin who don't stand much when it come to power :/

Last edited:

Mystelex

Garbador, Klink, Scrafty, Reuniclus e.t.c. Most of their designs just sucked and didn't make any sense at all.

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Jan 18, 2017
I strongly dislike Klink because it's design is... ehhh, there is no reason it should exist. Also, Durant.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen today
A lot actually.
Garbador, Klink, Scrafty, Reuniclus e.t.c. Most of their designs just sucked and didn't make any sense at all.

Is Reuniclus's design generally disliked? It's one of my favorite designs from Unova.

I don't like Vullaby or Mandibuzz at all, so I'll go with them. If you'd asked me this when the games were new, I probably would've said Snivy and its evolutions, but my hate for them has waned.

Mystelex

Is Reuniclus's design generally disliked? It's one of my favorite designs from Unova.

I don't like Vullaby or Mandibuzz at all, so I'll go with them. If you'd asked me this when the games were new, I probably would've said Snivy and its evolutions, but my hate for them has waned.

Well, a cute face and a buffed up body just doesn't make any sense.

Years
  • Seen Jul 2, 2023
I suppose it's a little cliche, but Garbador is one of my least favorites. I just don't like trash/waste that much and I'm not a fan of its design. I haven't really bothered to use one, so I can't reflect on its usefulness in battle, but poison types rarely appeal to me unless they have interesting secondary types or something else to add to them (a la Gengar or Nidoking in gen I).

I also really don't like Watchog. Patrat was fine, but Watchog looks more like a cartoon character than a Pokemon to me.

I also don't really care for Woobat. Zubat was bad enough. Did they really need to make another annoying bat Pokemon for caves? I suppose its typing is a little more interesting, but still, between that and Roggenrola's constant Sturdy annoyance (though I like its evolutions), cave-dwellers really weren't too fun to encounter.

Arjay

#GoStags
Years
Emolga - rubbish pikaclone that for some reason won't let me flee from it in the wild.
Solosis line- They're...foetuses. No one asked for this.
Gothita line - *vom*
Tepig line - THREE FIRE/FIGHTING STARTERS IN A ROW!!!
Throh and Sawk - More like Throh up and Suck amirite?!
Basculin - Is there a more forgettable Pokémon out there? I don't think so.
Maractus - Oh wait, maybe there is.
Mienfoo line - Weird ninja cat things. Also I keep forgetting Mienshao is pure Fighting type. It looks like it's Fighting/Psychic or something.

User19sq

Stunfisk. I will always hate that farthing ground-jolt.

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Aug 20, 2023
I actually like Emolga, but I can't stand Pikachu :p
My least favorite is probably Basculin.

Back