• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Marin's Map Exporter

Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen Nov 28, 2022
Since I heard Klein's Map Exporter was broken here and there (and have never successfully used it myself), I decided to write my own version.
You can export any and every map, and you can choose if you want the events on that map to be included in the PNG or not. You also have this option for the player, but it won't show up no matter what if the player isn't on that map.

I may include an option to export with map connections as well later on, but I'm not entirely sure how to go about doing that yet.

Installation
First off, install my Scripting Utilities.

Then put the actual script itself above the Main script:
MapExporter

Documentation

If you want to export one of your maps, go into the debug menu and locate Field options -> Export a Map (it's at the bottom). When you choose that option, you will get a list of all your maps (just like in Warp to Map). Pick one, and it will ask you to choose from one/two options (whether or not you want events to be included, and if the player is currently on that chosen map, whether or not you want the player to be included as well).
If you choose Export, the map will be exported to whatever filename you wrote down in ExportedMapFilename. By default, this is Exported Map.png.

You can manually export a map as follows:
pbExportMap(id = nil, options = [])
  • id : The id of the map you want to export. By default, this is the current map the player is on.
  • options : An array of options. This can include :player and/or :events. By default, this is empty (no events, nor the player).

The method that shows a list of maps and makes you pick one to export is pbExportAMap. That's all.

Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen Nov 28, 2022
Updated to v1.3.
  • Now works with events that do not fit perfectly on a 32x32 grid;
  • Events are now drawn from top-to-bottom, meaning there is no more unintended overlap between events.

Back