• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Hack of the Year] Results - 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 30
  • PC
  • Seen Jan 28, 2020
Hack Of The Year

Category Awards

From the results of the secret ballot in the nomination round, these are the hacks that have had the most votes in each category.

And out of all the hacks in Sideshow Showcase, the community's favourite was:

Hack of the Year

A total of 4 judges have played each hack and rated it in four categories. The reviews and reasoning behind the ratings can be found in the thread here. The hack with the highest total of points from each category is the Hack of the Year!​

Congratulations

Pokémon Orange has won Hack of the Year, congratulations! Thanks to everyone for participating, and especially to the judges, and to Achromatic and Mateo for this year's awards' design.

Congratulations to all the winners, and happy hacking!

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Aug 3, 2023
Congratulations to the winners!

I liked that you did public reviews. Some really good insight into the things your average ROM-hack player takes note of.

DJTiki

top 3 most uninteresting microcelebrities
Years
Congratulations to everyone who participated, got nominated, and won all the same. I'm glad that the reviews are made public as to make better judgement in the future for people who are really aiming for the next big thing. It'd be cool to expand on the categories more for the 2018 set.

2018 is shaping up to be a good comeback of ROM Hacks (already seeing a huge plethora of unique projects). I say now as good a time as any to support your favorite developers, get to playing more hacks, and all the like for the turnaround. Good work everyone!

DrFuji

[I]Heiki Hecchara‌‌[/I]
Years
Congratulations to all of the finalists! It takes a lot of hard work, dedication and time to make a hack worthy of entering the final round of HotY so you should all be proud of your achievements. After coming back from an extended period of absence I'm really excited to see all of these new and interesting hacks (as well as a few old guards) making it this far in the community. At this rate its anybody's guess as to which hacks will be making the finals next year!

I also really liked reading the reviews of the judges with a special shoutout to Spherical Ice for being exceptionally thorough in explaining the reasons for his scores.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back