• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Fan Game] Mistakes were made [A Nuzlocke 'Lite' of Pokemon Reborn E19]

Years
artworks-000186187925-ln7v05-t500x500.jpg

After ten years of development, one of the most controversial Pokemon Fan Games has finally been completely - or at least, the open beta has. I have followed this game for a while and remember playing it back when it was still on episode 12 or 13, but quite a bit has changed since then.

This game is known for having a very dark, edgy story and also being extremely difficult. A regular Nuzlocke would be pure torture, so I'm giving myself some mercy rules to hopefully make it more enjoyable. In short, these are the rules I go by:

Catching

- A lot of encounters in these game are gift Pokemon or static encounters. All of these are free game, regardless of whether or not I have already gotten something else in the same area.
- For areas which do have wild encounters, only the first non-dupe I encounter is eligible.

Fainting

- Each Pokemon is given a total of THREE lives. If they faint a third time, they are permanently dead and must be either boxed or released.
- Battles which are scripted for the player to lose do not count towards this rule.

Other rules

- All Pokemon must be nicknamed
- Level cap: I may not exceed the level of the next gym leader's ace. (This is implied as part of the game. Once my Pokemon reach the cap, they will no longer gain EXP to avoid overleveling.)

Mods

- EXP candy: I stream this game in my personal Discord server for my friends a couple of days a week. The goal is for us to have fun and proceed with the story. I have a full-time job and not much time to grind outside of the streaming hours, so I implemented the mod which allows me to get free EXP candy and grind up my Pokemon that way. Since overleveling is not possible in this games, I don't think it should be too big of an issue. (If anything, I'm missing out on potential EVs.)

- Weather manipulation: A lot of encounters are weather based in these games. To avoid having to rely on fate and checking every day for the right weather, I can manually alter weather conditions through the Pokegear.

- EXP All: When fighting trainers, all of my Pokemon gain EXP after the battle.

UPDATE #01 [22/04/2022]

Spoiler:

POKEMON ALIVE

Spoiler:

CASUALTIES

Spoiler:

Back