• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Would you sell your old games?

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
Years
My Pokemon games I will never sell them, what if I want to play them later, again. Most of my other games, Sell or trade, I don't mind, (in my opinion) they aren't as important as my PokeGames.

Serene Grace

Pokémon Trainer
Years
I really don't sell any of my video games, to be honest. It's kind of a personal unspoken rule for myself. I only buy games that I know I will enjoy and then I like to keep all of them as a personal collection. It's a bit weird actually seeing as some games that I own still have a high trade-in value, but I still don't sell them. It's actually the same deal with my consoles.

Catalyst.

Nothing of significance
Years
I don't really like selling my old games - I have so many DS games it's almost a collection, so it'd be a shame to sell any imo. For other systems I might trade in stuff I never play or only play occaisionally, but usully I just keep everything. :3

Pryze

Straight chillin
Years
No, I would never sell any of my old games, even if I don't enjoy them. I still have my old 64, Dreamcast, NES, and SNES games.

Star-Lord

withdrawl .
Years
I never sell games. People talk about trading their games in and I always get bewildered because it's never an option I'd think of doing.

Sassy Milkshake

It's ok to cry.
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Feb 10, 2013
Yes I have actually sold quite a few games that I've outgrown. Most of them I didn't enjoy in the first place, and a little cash does help, especially when these games that I hate are just sitting there gathering dust. I do obviously keep the nostalgic games, but I find there are not as many good games as I thought there were.

Years
I made a mistake in doing so, and I really regret it. I had to sell all my old Pokemon games to be able to finalize the funds for my PC gaming setup; I ended up selling all my old games for a total of £300 which included quite a few Pokemon games. I really wish I hadn't and had just earned that money after a few months.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Mar 26, 2021
No I would never sell my old games because there classic treasures to me. No amount of money could give me that.

Squidchan

The Lady Cthulhu
Years
Insomniac, ouch!

I will only sell games I didn't enjoy and weren't already part of a series of games, like Pokemon, Final Fantasy, Fire Emblem, etc.

As for if/when they are worth a lot of money, I think that's even more reason to keep it in my collection.

Unfortunately, when I was younger, the Sega and then the PS1 belonged to the family, as did the games, so I had to share with my brother and sister, and a couple of years ago my brother sold a lot of the older games we ha without consulting anyone... :/

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 14, 2021
No I won't, never did, never will. All games whether they are fun or not are all sentimental to me.

holdmykidney

Riddled with pokerus
Years
One time when I was about 10 years old, my stupid, ignorant self sold ALL OF MY OLD GAMEBOY COLOR GAMES. It makes me so sad to think that little me went to gamestop, got about 5$ for around 20 games that I would now cherish. *sigh*
Never sellin' a game again.

Good point! My ex gave away my GBC with a bunch of games. I really wish I had my old Pokemon Pinball (with Rumble) for gameboy :'(

LividZephyr

Oxymoron, not a moron, thanks
Years
The only reason you should ever sell a game is if you're never going to play it again. That's the philosophy I live by. I don't really buy that many games to begin with, though, so I typically never end up selling anything. I sometimes crave playing a game out of the blue xD

Years
Depends on the game

I sometimes tend to buy video games on impulse and end up getting really tired of it in a matter of hours. Some games get REALLY BORING once you clear the main walkthrough. In this case, I would definitely sell it.

However, if a game is really addicting, I would spend months to years of playing and end up running it to the ground. And since I would get so much good memories of playing that game, I would keep the cartridge (disc, whatever) somewhere safe, even though I know I would never be able to play it again. And I would never sell it. EVER

Morkula

[b][color=#356F93]Get in the Game[/color][/b]
Years
The only games I've ever gotten rid of are games that I really didn't like and know I'd never want to play. Otherwise, I enjoy having a game collection - it's nice to display and I like being able to go back and play games again later on down the line. So to answer your question, no, I'd never sell my old games.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
I like going back to play games or I like just seeing them on my shelf, so I rarely--if ever--sell games. I think the only games I've ever sold are duplicate copies and even then it's always been to friends. :x

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
Years
I would the more junky games I own. Like some Grinch Pac-Man clone I got as a kid XD Or Sonic and the Secret Rings. But, I haven't yet

Otherwise, I keep my old games because I replay them.

I once sold a duplicate copy of Phantom Hourglass to Lightning though because she wouldn't accept it as a gift. lol I had the game already and beat it, and then this came in the Zelda DS Lite bundle. Didn't need the game twice.

Last edited:

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
I sell old games all the time, to be honest. If I'm not going to play them any more, why bother keeping them around? I get some money for them, and the shop that I sell them to gets to sell them on to someone who will hopefully appreciate the game anew. The circle of gaming life. But I only do it to games that I've either exhausted or given up on, so I know that I'm definitely not going to regret it once I'm done.

Back