• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Film Midnight Screenings

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
Have you ever gone to a midnight showing of a new film?

The only one I have been to was for The Dark Knight Rises. It was a blast and I would definitely do another in the future for a movie worth doing it for.

Guest123_x1

I've never gone to any "midnight showings" of a major film that was just opening... no way would I drive to the movies in the dark, stand in a big crowd waiting to get tickets (which are at least the same price as or perhaps more costly than regular evening showings), and then go home at 2:30-3 in the morning. Not to mention the possibility that I couldn't get in because of a sellout.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
I think I went once because a friend wanted to go see the last Twilight with someone and even though I never read or watched any Twilight movies I was kind enough to agree? Although I honestly can't even remember if it was even a midnight showing so if it wasn't then no, I've never gone. Probably never will since I'm not big on seeing movies right when they come out (at least there has never been a case where I wanted to go see a movie that badly).

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
I've been to quite a few! And iirc, they were all exclusively horror or superhero movies.

My most recent was the newest Halloween release. It's got its novelty, showing up at midnight and being "first", and interacting with a larger group of people who are usually huge fans of whatever is playing. Makes for an interesting movie watching experience! But to be fair, it's got its drawbacks too and nowadays I will only go to a midnight showing for super special occasions.

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
Years
I've never been to any. I don't do well with crowds of people, and I tend to find it overwhelming. Usually, I'll see movies a few days to a week after they've been out to avoid heavier crowds.

Last edited:

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
I've been to a few. I remember taking a cross-country flight to make it home for the midnight screening of the last Harry Potter film with my friends, so they used to be a big deal for me ahaha. I'm glad that most theatres here no longer bother with actual midnight screenings anymore, though. Usually they just have early screenings at 9 or 10 the night before, meaning you can be home and in bed by 1am. I'm old and I don't like staying out that late anymore, so it works out much better hahaha.

That said, I think the last movie I saw a midnight screening for was like... Marvel's Civil War, lol.

Last edited:
Years
I've never been to one, because they aren't really a thing here. I would also probably fall asleep in the middle of the movie, but still would like to go to one.

Years
  • Age 37
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 27, 2023
I have been to so many midnight movie screenings and I can't even keep count on how many I have seen.

Back