Pokémon General The home for theories, clubs, polls, and other discussions involving the Pokémon franchise that aren't covered in any of the other boards.

Ad Content

#26   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
Old January 28th, 2010 (10:10 AM).
Ayselipera

As someone said before me Uxie seems like the most obvious choice. It is the being of knowledge so therefore it should be more intelligent then Alakazam.

Alakazam is cooler though. :3
      #27   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
    Old January 28th, 2010 (10:18 AM).
    Regretful Egg

Nature: Gentle
      I always though it was Alakazam, sure, Mewtwo can talk telepathically, but that doesn't mean he's smart, it's just an ability he has :/
        #28   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
      Old January 28th, 2010 (10:18 AM).
      Shi-shi-shi-shaw!

Nature: Calm
        Mewtwo is probably a step below Alakazam, as some of it's hereditary knowledge was probably lost during the engineering phase (but then again, TR R&D sure produced one helluva success...). It does however mentally quote the Pokedex when pitted up against different Pokemon by Giovanni (note that Mewtwo acutally questions why it knows this stuff, suggesting something akin to what probably happens in an Alakazam), only a few weeks after being born. It's safe to assume Mewtwo is exceedingly intelligent, if perhaps a step or two below Alakazam.

And telepathy is common in many Psychics. I don't see how it even comes into the equation.
          #29   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
        Old January 28th, 2010 (11:47 AM).
        Pokémon Trainer

Nature: Relaxed
        I think that Alakazam is that smartest Pokemon due to the fact that the Pokedex tells us that it has an IQ of 5000. Also, it's always come across to me as a brainy Pokemon. If it was a human, I think it'll look like one of those scientists with moustaches that knows everything..XD;

For some reason, Porygon and Porygon-Z also come across to me as smart Pokemon. Although there is no hint anywhere that they are, they just seem that way too. The fact that they can get into and control another dimension is also a hint about their smarts.
          #30   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
        Old January 28th, 2010 (11:53 AM).

Nature: Quirky
        Alakazam apparantly it has a IQ of 1000 or more so yeah

"I’m an angel keeping watch over the city at night...I’m the symbol this town needs."

? ? ?

#31   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
        Old January 28th, 2010 (1:16 PM).

Nature: Modest
          Alot of you are saying Alakazam is the smartest. It may be able to store more information and do more cahculations then Mewtwo, so in that way it's smarter, but I think Mewtwo might have more creative intelligence.
            #32   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
          Old January 28th, 2010 (6:58 PM).
          The Fighting Porygon Team

Nature: Quirky
            Quote:
            Originally Posted by Serene Grace View Post
            I think that Alakazam is that smartest Pokemon due to the fact that the Pokedex tells us that it has an IQ of 5000. Also, it's always come across to me as a brainy Pokemon. If it was a human, I think it'll look like one of those scientists with moustaches that knows everything..XD;

For some reason, Porygon and Porygon-Z also come across to me as smart Pokemon. Although there is no hint anywhere that they are, they just seem that way too. The fact that they can get into and control another dimension is also a hint about their smarts.

Actually, Porygon is on the end of being one of the less intelligent pokémon, due to the fact that it can't actually learn, and is only able to preform pre-programed functions. Some Porygon however, seem to be less "restricted" then others, ranging from simple action and reaction to being able to fully understand complex conversations and display emotions (in a broken sort of way.)

Porygon-Z is an enigma. Many people debate on it's purpose and intents, and it's only known to be meant for Dimensional Exploration, along with being able to surpass Porygon2 (which in reality, it doesn't) in every single way.

Some say that Porygon-Z's original intent was to surpass all Pokémon, in a similar way to Mewtwo, but due to the fact that Porygon2's body couldn't handle the data/the data was improperly coded, we end up with an unstable, glitchy, "slow" (at least compared to Mewtwo and Alakazam), highly volatile being who nobody knows much of anything about. Assuming at least some of the coding worked (After all, Porygon-Z is significantly more powerful then any non-legendary pokemon on the Special side, surpassing Alakazam through use of Download or Adaptability), Porygon-Z might have as much processing power as Metagross, tying it with the other three on terms of processing, though it's inherited intelligence is that of the former Porygon2 that it evolved from. Assuming the code didn't work, well, no one knows where Poryogn-Z fits on the scale...

As said before, the #1 most intelligent Poke out there is likely Uxie, though the others come fairly close. Arceus could be anything, as omnipotence does not equal all-knowing (though with omnipotence, one could eventually know everything I suppose, or close to everything...)
            "Geodudes are really tough."- Random kid from Pokémon Commercial
            "Dragonite for the win!"- Lance
            "Are you kidding me? Not my Chikorita!"- Random kid from other Pokémon Commercial
              #33   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
            Old January 28th, 2010 (7:05 PM).

Nature: Naive
              Quote:
              Originally Posted by Ramen-Chan View Post
              I believe Slowking is a possibility too. It gains intelligence when bitten on the head.
              I was about to mention him. I think Slowking is pretty smart too. I recall Xatu being pretty smart, in MD anyways.
                #34   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
              Old January 28th, 2010 (8:24 PM).

Nature: Rash
                Quote:
                Originally Posted by mOOG View Post
                Hmm... So we have:

Uxie
                Metagross
                Mewtwo
                Alakazam
                Arceus

And Meowth is kinda out of it in terms of raw intelligence.

I think that it's possible that Arceus isn't all knowing, because it's only stated to be a creation deity, who seems to have taken to long naps in artificial galaxies and glass palaces since then.

So, it seems, it comes down to this. Is a being with an extreme IQ more intelligent than a supercomputer? Supercomputers can, due to electrical circuits, process information extremely quickly, but can only perform actions that have already been programmed, or "learned". IQ measures information which has been programmed and recalled. Mewtwo has been seen recalling information which has not been gained through experience, and it seems likely that it's a trait gained from Alakazam. So, it's possible that Metagross is a faster thinker and recaller, while Mewtwo and Alakazam, who share DNA and possess a vast amount of hereditary information, are more intelligent.

I realize I have entirely overlooked Uxie, but that's because I'm not exactly sure what to make of him yet.
                An IQ that is more than 300 standard deviations from the US (the tests are usually standardized using a representative population from a developed country) mean... What does that mean. One must have a very very very large sample size to standardize a test that can measure 300 standard deviations above the mean.

IQ doesn't mean anything to me above 150... the tests aren't designed to measure that far...
                  #35   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                Old January 6th, 2019 (3:34 PM).

This may sound odd but I feel slowking is also a very likely candidate. Whilst metagross is a supercomputer and alakazam has an iq of 5000 slowking is shown to know how to speak the human language, not using telepathy and is also given high intelligence after being bitten on the head by a shellder as a slowpoke. Who knows what amount of knowledge slowking possesses.
                    #36   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                  Old January 7th, 2019 (2:37 PM).
                  Most powerful being in fiction

Nature: Careful
                    If Pokémon are so smart

Why can’t they talk like digimon.

Also a Pokémon though smart seems to be unable to fight without its trainers commands.

I am the One Above All. I see through many eyes. I build with many hands. They are themselves, but they are also me. I am all-powerful. My only weapon is love. The mystery intrigues me.
                      #37   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                    Old January 7th, 2019 (3:14 PM).
                    エスパーレディ

Nature: Lonely
                      I would say Alakazam most definitely. Due to the fact that it has the high IQ as mentioned above, but to be able to bend spoons and have telekinetic powers is basically using almost 100% of your brain. From a non legendary standpoint I'm pretty sure Alakazam takes the cake.
                        #38   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                      Old February 11th, 2019 (10:02 AM).
                      Most powerful being in fiction

Nature: Careful
                        What do you think is the most intelligent Pokémon in the entire franchise.

Now Pokémon are animals and are not considered very intelligent.

But after seeing some like Kadabra and lucario.

It makes me wonder. Which Pokémon is the most intelligent.

What is your opinion on the most intelligent Pokémon?

I am the One Above All. I see through many eyes. I build with many hands. They are themselves, but they are also me. I am all-powerful. My only weapon is love. The mystery intrigues me.
                          #39   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                        Old February 11th, 2019 (11:26 AM).
                        Don't underestimate the enemy/opponent.

Hmm, i think all animals/pokemon are smart in their own way(Just like humans), if they were dumb they couldn't understand the directions/moves that the trainers give to them. Patience is the key.

Example of a smart pokemon below

Aipom:
                          Was smart enough to climb the tree to not get caught.
                          -
                          Tapu fini in new episodes was smart to put a trial for someone who needed to think.
                          -
                          I agree that Lucario is also a smart pokemon (For example in the movie i think he did something smart )
                          -
                          I think all legendary that are serious like ENTEI/Raikou are smart. (someone tried to catch one but one was able to do something about it.)

- Some squirtles were smart in the episode where they were helping to put the fire out.

And more
                            #40   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                          Old February 11th, 2019 (1:42 PM).
                          Not Frankie Muniz

Nature: Gentle
                          Isn't it objectively Alakazam or Slowking? Yes all pokemon exhibit intelligence, no contest, but canonically Alakazam has an IQ of 5000, and Slowking has multiple pokedex entries that claim "Being bitten by Shellder gave it intelligence comparable to that of award-winning scientists."

She says "𝓨𝓸𝓾'𝓻𝓮 𝓱𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓼𝓸𝓶𝓮 𝓫𝓾𝓽 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓼𝓱𝓸𝓾𝓵𝓭𝓷'𝓽 𝓶𝓸𝓿𝓮 𝓽𝓸 𝓱𝓸𝓵𝓵𝔂𝔀𝓸𝓸𝓭."
                          ᴼʰ ʰᵒⁿᵉʸ, ᴘʟᴇᴀsᴇ sʜᴜᴛ ᴍᴇ ᴜᴘ.
                          𝒮𝒽𝑒 𝓉𝒽𝒾𝓃𝓀𝓈 𝒾𝓉'𝓈 𝓈𝑒𝓍𝓎 𝓌𝒽𝑒𝓃 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝒷𝑜𝓎𝓈 𝒹𝑜𝓃'𝓉 𝓌𝒶𝓃𝓃𝒶 𝓉𝒶𝓁𝓀 𝓈𝑜 𝓂𝓊𝒸𝒽.
                          Come over, and wreck my ʰᵉᵃʳᵗ

𝓟𝓪𝓲𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝔀𝓲𝓽𝓱 𝓛𝓲𝓶𝓮𝔂-𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓷❤

#41   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                          Old February 11th, 2019 (7:58 PM).
                          Don't underestimate the enemy/opponent.

Hmmmm, yeah, i remember Slowking was one of the few who learned to talk. (The one in the movie)

Also, i think Mewtwo might be very smart, he talks, and is good with strategy, he created stuff, he changed the weather with only his hand. To learn talking you need to have experience, he was born in a LAB where a lot of scientists were, and he escaped from there so that means he was smarter than a scientist ! (since scientists are humans who study a lot and they didn't know a way to stop Mewtwo.)

Not only the strongest but also the smartest hmm.
                              #42   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                            Old February 14th, 2019 (6:04 PM). Edited 3 Weeks Ago by colours.
                            wandererjustlikeme 🌟

Nature: Jolly
                            If you're talking about intelligence that is quantifiable, then it is without a doubt Alakazam and Slowking.

However I'd argue most Pokemon are intelligent in their own ways.
                              #43   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                            Old 3 Weeks Ago (6:48 AM). Edited 2 Weeks Ago by nateliv.

I would say Slowking, but after learning about Alakazam...

Bluestacks Kodi Lucky Patcher
                                #44   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                              Old 3 Weeks Ago (5:24 AM).
                              Mewtwo worshiper

Nature: Naughty
                                Mewtwo is the most intelligent.
                                  #45   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                                Old 3 Weeks Ago (7:53 AM).
                                Official Nicktoons Fan of the Boards

Nature: Relaxed
                                  Probably Alakazam, since its IQ is 5,000.
                                  Then again, Metagross has the intelligence of a supercomputer, which means its exact IQ is up for debate.

Quick Reply