Pokémon General The home for theories, clubs, polls, and other discussions involving the Pokémon franchise that aren't covered in any of the other boards.

Ad Content

#1   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
Old 3 Weeks Ago (6:41 AM). Edited 3 Weeks Ago by bobandbill.
This is fine.

Nature: Jolly
What do you think of Mega Evolution as a general concept and how it's been executed? Moreover, given the lack of any additions to it in gen 7, should it remain in the games or even get added to with new ones (Flygon please)?

In here because it extends beyond the games, e.g. those anime shorts. And Origins introduced Charizard X to us in the lead-up to X! That was neat.
  #2   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
Old 3 Weeks Ago (2:22 PM).

Nature: Mild
I'd like Mega Evolution to remain and be more prominent in Generation 8. In Sun/Moon, it was unfortunately locked until post game.

I like almost every design, and it's a very cool concept to see what 3rd stage evolutions would look like if they continued to evolve a 4th time.
  #3   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
Old 3 Weeks Ago (3:56 PM).
wandererjustlikeme 🌟

Nature: Jolly
Mega evolution is a fine concept, I just wish it wasn't given to some of the most overrated Pokemon that would've done fine without it. Like... why on earth does Charizard and Mewtwo have two megas? I get they're super popular, but that shouldn't be an excuse to give them two. Lucario was fine enough without one and it's just ridiculously powerful with one. @_@;

In the future, I'd really like megas to be given to more underrated Pokemon. For example, I'm glad Ampharos got one because it's one of the most neglected Electric types, and Mawile getting one is more than deserved, but there are others that could use the boost, too.
  #4   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
Old 3 Weeks Ago (4:38 PM). Edited 3 Weeks Ago by Sheep.
(ㆁᴗㆁ✿)

Nature: Timid
I'd like it to remain!

Certainly like Megas more than Z-Moves, and some of my favorite Pokémon are mons Mega evolved (Audino and Altaria, among others). Agree with the above that more underrated Pokémon do deserve spotlight here, if not via new evolutions. I'd prefer the latter since an evolution is more long-lasting though, unlike Megas which were mainly introduced as a selling point of XY and aren't focused on as much in later games in favor of other new additions/features.

pair family mal llsif bandori ffxiv art
sheep x bobandbill 5ever
  #5   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
Old 3 Weeks Ago (8:52 PM).
from pallet town

Nature: Gentle
If Game Freak doesn't want to give older Pokemon new evolutions anymore (barring Eevee it seems) then I will happily take more Mega Evolutions. I don't really care for most (if any?) of the overrated Pokemons' Mega Evolution, but Pokemon like Altaria, Beedrill, and Lopunny that got Mega Evolutions I really actually like and I would love to see more Pokemon like that get some sort of boost (Dunsparce and Flygon please!!)
  #6   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
Old 3 Weeks Ago (10:58 PM).

Nature: Quiet
i'd like for it to remain. i think the megas for already strong pokemon is unneeded but... sure, i can roll with that. still waiting for mega lapras and mega snorlax.

Quick Reply