• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Map] Advance Map Map Connections Issue

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Oct 25, 2020
Hey all,

Recently I've been trying to play with rom hacking and have started to make some custom maps, but every time I go to enter the new area I've created, the game suddenly crashes. Any ideas?

Thanks

Years
Hey all,

Recently I've been trying to play with rom hacking and have started to make some custom maps, but every time I go to enter the new area I've created, the game suddenly crashes. Any ideas?

Thanks

Can you give more context of what you did and what's happening?

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Oct 25, 2020
Yeah so essentially the map is connected from one area to a second area that is going down, in the rom rom. As soon as I hit the last tile of the first map and enter the first tile of the second map the rom freezes and crashes.

sorry I would post screenshots but I haven't hit 5 posts yet so

Years
Yeah so essentially the map is connected from one area to a second area that is going down, in the rom rom. As soon as I hit the last tile of the first map and enter the first tile of the second map the rom freezes and crashes.

sorry I would post screenshots but I haven't hit 5 posts yet so

Which maps did you connect? And maybe even check the level scripts.

Years
  • Age 17
  • Seen Dec 24, 2023
Maybe it's about the tilesets, and what tool u use amp1.95 or amp1.92????(i don't know i'm new to rom hacking)

Years
Check the "Offset" box in the connection box in Advanced Map.

When you connect two maps, for example Map 1 and Map 2, the offset box needs to have the same number with opposite signs. If the offset box in Map 1 has a value of 10 (for example), then the offset box of Map 2 must have a value of -10. If one map has a value of 0, then the other must also have 0.

Make sure you have put the correct map bank and numbers in the connection box for both Maps, as well. And try not to make too many connections in one direction unless you are comfortable with changing offsets in the connection box.

Back