• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ROM Hack] Journey Through Kanto’s Mythology: Pokémon Ultra Violet

Akumu0

Aspiring Master
Years
Hello everyone! Akumu here and I wanted to do a small introduction to my Pokémon Journey playthrough. I'm going to play through every region in the Pokémon world at least once. I will be using rom hacks to do this so every Pokémon will be available without needing two games or trade partners(just makes things easier). Each region will have certain rules in place similar to Nuzlockes, except for a few key differences, mainly death and Pokémon limits. The main rules for each game are as follows:
1. Nickname every Pokémon I obtain. [This is more of a preference as I love nicknaming my Pokémon.]
2. I cannot hunt for Pokémon except in designated areas like the Safari Zone. Only after beating the champion of each game may I begin to specifically hunt Pokémon. In other words, no random walking around til I find a specific Pokémon. Other than that, there are no restrictions on catching. [Basically, I can catch any encounter I find, but I can't just search for say Pikachu in Viridian Forest. If I find one, great. If not, oh well.]
3. I can accept gift Pokémon and NPC trades if I want. [Nothing else to add, pretty self explanatory.]
4. All Pokémon are legal and usable. [I know some people frown upon Legendaries, but I don't.]
5. No leaving dungeons once started, unless I white/black out. The only exception to this rule is if I have an item/move that can let me exit safely.
6. Battle Conditions. Items are allowed in battle, however, I will be using special rules for Gym Leaders and the Elite Four.
6a. In those major battles, I may use at most 3 trainer items in battle. Held items are allowed. [These are X items, healing items, etc.]
6b. In Gyms I must use the same number of Pokémon as the Leader, however, there will be no level cap. [No more, no less.]
6c. The Elite Four and Champions: I will use a full team in these battles.
In addition, my run through Kanto will have these additional rules.
1. I will be utilizing the awesome Lore rules I found by Rubyclaw and Mewstein I believe. Not a Nuzlocke, but all the Pokémon Lore they included. As such, there will be deaths, but they won't necessarily be permanent. If I have any revival items, I can toss them to bring dead Pokémon back to life(sacred ash revives all dead Pokémon).
I think that's it. Sorry for the long post. I hope this journey goes well and, of course, feel free to try these rules yourself if you'd like. Take care and bye for now.

Akumu0

Aspiring Master
Years
As my journey begins, I encounter Professor Oak and return with him to his lab. Blue was already there waiting and we both received our first Pokémon, mine being a Bulbasaur. I named him Hemlock and was about to set off when Blue challenged me to a battle. Hemlock defeated Blue's Charmander fairly easily, but he seemed a bit weak after the fight. Turns out Bulbasaur don't do well indoors, away from the sun. I'll have to remember that. Anyway, we set off to Viridian City where the shop owner gave us a package to take to the professor. After going back to Pallet, Professor Oak gave me a Pokédex and some pokeballs. It seems he wants me and Blue to record data on all the Pokémon we find. Sounds challenging but fun as well. We depart and that's where things took an interesting turn. We met Pudge, a Pidgey that dislikes fighting and the bizarre Mankey known as Yamachichi, who likes to steal the breath of his victims. A Rattata stole all my items except for a single Pokeball(right after I had bought supplies too).
I managed to catch her, but the items were nowhere to be seen. I named her Thief for obvious reasons(and, not gonna lie, I don't particularly like her). Our final member to join was Fury, a Spearow with an even worse attitude than normal. With this team, we were challenged by Blue and, naturally, we won pretty easily. Now we're resting up at the Pokémon Center. Our first major trek is ahead; the Viridian Forest.

Akumu0

Aspiring Master
Years
We made it through Viridian Forest and added three new members to the team; Hivemind the Weedle, Beauty the Caterpie and Loki the Pikachu. While we were training, Beauty evolved into a Metapod, our first evolution. Loki seems to enjoy playing pranks and blaming others. Definitely causes trouble between teammates. We challenged Brock once we entered Pewter City. We each used two Pokémon; Brock choosing his Geodude and Onix, while I chose Hemlock and Yamachichi. Unfortunately, Hemlock couldn't stay out for long since the gym is indoors and had to switch out after k.o.ing Geodude. Yamachichi took out Onix in only two hits earning us the Boulder Badge. Now we make our way to Cerulean City.

Back