• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Map] Adding FRLG Tilesets to Emerald

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Aug 25, 2023
What the title says. I am unaware how to import tiles using porymap/the decomps. I'd like to add the FRLG tilesets to it is all. Any good tutorials on how to do this?

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
Years
What the title says. I am unaware how to import tiles using porymap/the decomps. I'd like to add the FRLG tilesets to it is all. Any good tutorials on how to do this?
Just so we're clear, you won't be able to copy-paste tilesets from FRLG over to Emerald without modifying the functions of code related to how the game reads tilesets.
The tilesets in Emerald and FRLG are formatted differently after all.

That being said, if you're interested in creating a new tileset for Emerald using FRLG tiles, have you tried checking the Decomp & Disassembly Tutorials & Resources Section?
There's a tutorial about inserting tiles written by Lyzo.
https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=422362

I didn't try it, but it looks pretty thorough at a glance.

Back