• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Event: Looking For Pokemon Leagues

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jan 3, 2017
Hello,

I'm new to the forum, not sure if this is where this should be posted or not but I'd figure I'd ask this question anyway.

Does anyone know if there are any Pokemon TCG Leagues, Clubs, Tournament holders anywhere in the Chicagoland area? I can't seem to find anything that isn't in Rockford.

Also, does anyone have any information or a link to a website describing how the Pokemon Regionals, Nationals, State tournaments work? I am interested in signing up for one of them since I do finally have a Meta deck.

Years
Hello,

I'm new to the forum, not sure if this is where this should be posted or not but I'd figure I'd ask this question anyway.

Does anyone know if there are any Pokemon TCG Leagues, Clubs, Tournament holders anywhere in the Chicagoland area? I can't seem to find anything that isn't in Rockford.

Also, does anyone have any information or a link to a website describing how the Pokemon Regionals, Nationals, State tournaments work? I am interested in signing up for one of them since I do finally have a Meta deck.

Use the league locator that Decidueye linked. The terms I used were:

City: Chicago, IL
Distance within: 50 miles
Event Type: League
Product Type: Trading Card Game

And that brought up 24 different leagues within 50 miles of Chicago City Hall.

18 of which are within 30 miles of Chicago.

Here's a link to the search in case it actually works for you: https://www.pokemon.com/us/play-pok...=distance&start_date=&state_other=&page_1=1#1

I listed the parameters above if it didn't work.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jan 3, 2017
I tried to search on my own. It will not work no matter what I do. For some reason it just does not let me find a tournament in the United States. I even tried just keeping the parameters as just in the United States and it said there were 0 tournaments.. So I'm not exactly sure why it's doing this. Your link with the search results does work though. I really wish I could search for a league 50 miles within Elgin, IL as that is much much closer to where I live.

Thanks for both of your help.

Years
I tried to search on my own. It will not work no matter what I do. For some reason it just does not let me find a tournament in the United States. I even tried just keeping the parameters as just in the United States and it said there were 0 tournaments.. So I'm not exactly sure why it's doing this. Your link with the search results does work though. I really wish I could search for a league 50 miles within Elgin, IL as that is much much closer to where I live.

Thanks for both of your help.

Unfortunately, it specifically needs more than just the country you're in. The following parameters are specifically required when you click Decidueye's second link:

Country, Event Type (like League, Premier Event, or Tournament), Product Type (TCG, VGC, or both), and a sort order for the leagues (by either date or distance).

It's a bit of a fickle search tool that takes a bit of getting used to, but it works so much better now than it did 6 years ago.

Elgin, IL results, btw: https://www.pokemon.com/us/play-pok...ct_type=tcg&sort_order=distance&results_pp=10

Back