An article with an image gallery, featuring art by PC members of the three starter Pokemon we saw revealed today.
- permission of artists required
- caption of each image will include link to their profile page [alternatively, their art thread?]
- threads in art gallery section, maybe also game discussion section, about this
- request submissions through there, encourage posting of art in art forum section
- update after publishing if anyone submits after the fact? I'd be okay with this every so often.
Any thoughts on the list in the OP? If you're happy with it all you can go ahead and make threads in the art section.
Couple other things:
- Merge this with the Fanwork Friday thing SMT wants to start, which makes this easy collaboration with Daily! That is, we aim to have this article for art on the Starter Pokemon posted on a Friday, as well as put on fb/twitter.
- We then make this a series. When we get the cover legendary Pokemon, or other new Pokemon revealed, we can do new articles for those and hence use another Friday for posting the such and giving our artists extra exposure.
We got new pokemon now. Shall we repeat this for a new article? :B
Also we have a bunch of new characters (people) too - maybe it'd be worth having a separate article for them? After all, 7 pokemon and 5 new people (maybe more? Prof, sonia, rival, champion, milo...?) may make it too crowded, and it'll allow for some spacing.
Definitely one for the Pokemon! I know I saw some wonderful sprites in the Art Studio. :) Not sure if the trainers will get the same attention though. Either way, I vote yes!
Shall I start asking permission from artists now?
Yes please. See if we get enough entries within the next week for next friday (fanwork friday stuff), else we'll push it back a week. Might as well ask for both Pokemon and trainers and we'll see how much we get of the latter - if there's enough we'll do a second article for them.