• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pearl hack: Crystalline Pearl: Difficulty Hack

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Jun 22, 2018
how do i start this

Okay so I decided to make a version of Pearl that's a fair bit harder, to make up for how slow the game and engine both are. Easy and quick battles that you rush to get through make the game feel slower, so what I've done is:

- Trainers have all similar strength, but new pokemon
- Trainers are around 15% harder, level wise (as a scope, Cynthia's ace is now 75)
- League trainers (Gym Leaders, E4 and Cynthia) all have six pokemon which all hold items, some league battles will be double battles.
- League trainers will have their original types, Cynthia will be your death
- League trainers may also have illegal moves
- League trainers retain their original typings, but gym trainers do not, to make it more interesting
- Bulbasaur, Cyndaquil and Mudkip are the available starter pokemon
- All of the field items in Sinnoh have been shuffled around
- Some NPC trades are different
- Wild pokemon now all hold random items
- Shuffled TM numbers and moves around, some are good, some are rubbish
- The catching tutorial is random now because why not
- Every move now has a different random amount of PP (same applies to trainers as the player)
- A vast assortment of pokemon can be found in the wild now (too many to document)
- A few misc text changes (Changing "shift" to "switch" in battles and "toss" in bag to "yeet")

It's a bit like a randomizer, but it makes more sense to the game's narrative, with important trainers retaining their teams' types.

I would add screenshots, but that ruins the shock value imo. If you play a nuzlocke of this hack, I want you to C R Y.

If you find any bugs or problems, please let me know, but if someone's already said something about it, I don't need to see it eleven times <3 Also, if I've done something wrong, tell me and I'll try to fix it, as this is only my first post and I'm not completely familiar with the platform yet.

Have fun (hopefully)!

EDIT (V1.2):
- Wild encounters work as intended
- PP should be fixed
- Catching tutorial pokemon should not be Bidoof anymore

Attachments

• Crystalline Pearl V1.2.zip
    92 KB · Views: 368
Last edited:
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jan 1, 2022
So is this also a catch every mon hack, or purely a difficulty hack? still going to play it. Just curious because it sounds awesome!

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Jun 22, 2018
I believe so, if you dont manage to find them all, note that some are exclusive to swarms. If you need help, tell me when you need it along with screens of your pokedex. :)

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Jan 22, 2024
This patch doesn't seem to work with the proper dump of Pokemon - Pearl Version. Any idea what dump I need to be using?

The dump I used:
File: Pokemon - Pearl Version (USA) (Rev 5).nds
CRC-32: e2d87ebf
MD4: 7a8f8b1d4eb1a161ad127bfa62f012d3
MD5: e5da92c8cfabedd0d037ff33a2f2b6ba
SHA-1: 99083bf15ec7c6b81b4ba241ee10abd9e80999ac

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 16, 2024
This patch doesn't seem to work with the proper dump of Pokemon - Pearl Version. Any idea what dump I need to be using?

The dump I used:
File: Pokemon - Pearl Version (USA) (Rev 5).nds
CRC-32: e2d87ebf
MD4: 7a8f8b1d4eb1a161ad127bfa62f012d3
MD5: e5da92c8cfabedd0d037ff33a2f2b6ba
SHA-1: 99083bf15ec7c6b81b4ba241ee10abd9e80999ac

I don't know how to either. Same thing for me.

Years
  • Age 47
  • Seen Nov 4, 2019
Is there any documentation for this game? I need a full pokedex location list for all the mons haha, is that too much to ask? :D
Wild Location list, any changes to pokemon etc, thanks!!!!

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 9, 2019
how do i start this

Okay so I decided to make a version of Pearl that's a fair bit harder, to make up for how slow the game and engine both are. Easy and quick battles that you rush to get through make the game feel slower, so what I've done is:

- Trainers have all similar strength, but new pokemon
- Trainers are around 15% harder, level wise (as a scope, Cynthia's ace is now 75)
- League trainers (Gym Leaders, E4 and Cynthia) all have six pokemon which all hold items, some league battles will be double battles.
- League trainers will have their original types, Cynthia will be your death
- League trainers may also have illegal moves
- League trainers retain their original typings, but gym trainers do not, to make it more interesting
- Bulbasaur, Cyndaquil and Mudkip are the available starter pokemon
- All of the field items in Sinnoh have been shuffled around
- Some NPC trades are different
- Wild pokemon now all hold random items
- Shuffled TM numbers and moves around, some are good, some are rubbish
- The catching tutorial is random now because why not
- Every move now has a different random amount of PP (same applies to trainers as the player)
- A vast assortment of pokemon can be found in the wild now (too many to document)
- A few misc text changes (Changing "shift" to "switch" in battles and "toss" in bag to "yeet")

It's a bit like a randomizer, but it makes more sense to the game's narrative, with important trainers retaining their teams' types.

I would add screenshots, but that ruins the shock value imo. If you play a nuzlocke of this hack, I want you to C R Y.

If you find any bugs or problems, please let me know, but if someone's already said something about it, I don't need to see it eleven times <3 Also, if I've done something wrong, tell me and I'll try to fix it, as this is only my first post and I'm not completely familiar with the platform yet.

Have fun (hopefully)!

EDIT (V1.2):
- Wild encounters work as intended
- PP should be fixed
- Catching tutorial pokemon should not be Bidoof anymore

Everytime I play it my rival has a level 100 pokemon

Back