• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Gen 7] Janp's Shiny Island Challenge

Years

Shiny Island Challenge in Ultra Moon

Key_Shiny_Charm_Sprite.png

Introduction

After my last "log" challenge, I wanted something more casual. One type of challenges that I never tried, but always kinda thought about is Shiny Badge Challenge. Few days ago, I bought Ultra Moon and wanted to try something different so my 1st run of it will be memorable. And so here it is! Shiny Badge Challenge in Ultra Moon. But with few twists. You know, there are no badges in Alola... And the number of Captains and Kahunas don't really add up to Gym Leaders and E4 members.

Rules

• BEFORE each trial, I must find and catch Shiny Pokémon via SOS battle.
  • To add more challenge, before each Kahuna (don't have to be right before battling them), I have to find and catch Shiny Pokémon through special means (see below for more info).
  • Non-Shiny Pokémon can be used only as HM slaves and breeding fodder.
  • 1st part of the Challenge ends when I beat the champion (I honestly don't know if it's Kukui or GF changed it)
  • 2nd part ends when I beat at least 1 Super challenge in Battle Tree (knowing myself I'll do all 3) and beat Rainbow Rocket arc using any combination of the 12 Pokémon used in the story.

And now, for the "special mean" of catching Shiny Pokémon:
  • Hala - SR for the starter Pokémon
  • Olivia - Hatch Shiny Pokémon via Masuda Method
  • Nanu - Catch Shiny Pokémon via Island Scan
  • Hapu - Catch Shiny Pokémon via Ultra Wormholes

Last edited:
Years

Finally starting

Well, it has been a long time. Almost 5 months. But after about 7200 soft resets later, I can finally start with this little girl:
Spoiler:
And I pretty much got everything right on her. I wanted female, because I just can't get over the male Primarina. And it's Modest, so it can work in the Battle Tree. I can already say that Deni will stay on my team for the whole run now. I didn't even trained her yet, just got her and saved the game quickly. So that's shiny for Hala.

Now I should get another shiny by SOS battles before going to the Verdant Cave. And to be honest, I have no idea who I want to hunt. I was thinking about Yungoos or Buneary, but their shiny looks weird to be honest. So I'm thinking about getting Alolan Meowth or Grimer. I don't really like Alolan Persian's design, but I could fall in love with it during the run. Or I could try to get Pikipek or Drifloon...

Last edited:
Years

Pink Bunny acquired

I know it has been a while since the last update. But I finally grabbed this save again and decided to hunt my way through the content of Ultra Moon.

So last time I ended with getting shiny Popplio and I wasn't sure who I want to hunt next. And I found out that SOS battles are unlocked only after 1st Trial. So it's (or was) time for another full odds shiny hunt. And because I still wasn't sure on which Pokémon available at this point I want to get, I was just running in the grass and encountering Pokémon... And encountering Pokémon... And encountering Pokémon. I decided to get this encounter before Iki Festival, so I was literally stucked in the infinite evening.

Until I finally got shiny entrance. It was about 2100 encounters and pink Buneary. Look at her:
Spoiler:

This hunt was much more faster that the last one and even took less real-life time. If that makes sense. No boring cutscene that I have to watch, just good old running in and out of battles. It was certain catch, since this was before Iki Festival.

From this point it was quite normal gameplay. I had problems with teacher at the Trainer School and with Ilma's first battle, but these are problems almost always for me. But other than that I quickly finished this part of tutorial by beating both Ilma's Trial and Hala - both mostly with Deni, since she got advantage over them. Deni even evolved right after she beat Totem Alolan Raticate. But I tried to use Linda as much as possible outside these parts.

But after finished the "main" story of Melemele I decided to explore the island, which is something I haven't done yet, not in Sun or my other runs of Ultra Moon. And I have to say that I was surprised on how great this game becomes when you're not interrupted every 2 steps with the very same dialogue and cutscenes and when you're not forced to continue with the story. Was there really a reason to lock Ten Carat Hill at the start of the game?

So during my exploration I found so many little details that I don't think I would found if I would just follow the story. This also made me realize that I probably never got Flyinium Z before. Or that I never was in the mall in Hau'oli City. Which is nice location, btw. I tried Battle Buffet and I think it will be my go-to for grinding (If I even need grinding).

After about two hours of exploring I moved on with the story and got to Akala Island. I already know what Pokémon I want to hunt there before Lana's Trial - Fomantis. I'll also hunt my shiny for Olivia - I'll hatch Own Tempo Rockruff.

Team

brionne.gif

Deni, Modest Female Brionne
lvl 21, Torrent
- Water Pledge
- Disarming Voice
- Icy Wind
- Encore

buneary.gif

Linda, Docile Female Buneary
lvl 20, Run Away @Normalium Z
- Quick Attack
- Endure
- Defense Curl
- Foresight​

Years

Blue pup acquired

It has been a while, but I have one again something to report here.

I began hatching eggs pretty quickly after the last update, got to 20 boxes full of Rockruff with no blue boi. I moved to other runs and returned to this again only few days ago. After another few boxes, I finally got my own blue doggo. It only took 709 eggs. Look at it:
Spoiler:

Magnificent! Now thanks to all the running with eggs, Linda evolves right in the next battle! Oh and I taught her Fire Punch via Move Tutor on the beach.
u8r2ucZ.jpg

I've been playing with the photos a little bit, so here's another photo of Meksifon, my blue pup:
bR8LTQF.jpg

Now for the important part of this update. I realized that doing SOS battles isn't really a great idea, since they award a lot of EXPs, which is something I don't want, since my Pokémon are already overleveled. So, I think I'll be hatching my shinies from now.

Finally, I decided to change my next target from Fomantis to Grubbin. I wanted to fit Grubbin in there somewhere and decided to do it now as I want other Grass-types such as Morelull or Dhelmise more than Fomantis. Still not sure about what Pokémon I want after Grubbin though. It will be Fire Trial next, which means I can get pretty much anything I want since I already have Deni to take care of that Trial. I'm thinking about Corsola, Meranie, Morelull, Oricorio or Salandit. Why does Alola has such a great Pokémon? I can't decide who to get!

Anyway, I'm currently about to start breeding for Grubbin, which will hopefully take less time than breeding for Rockruff.

Team

brionne.gif

lvl 24, Torrent
- Water Pledge
- Disarming Voice
- Icy Wind
- Encore

lopunny.gif

Linda, Docile Female Lopunny
lvl 23, Cute Charm @Normalium Z
- Return
- Jump Kick
- Fire Punch
- Foresight

rockruff.gif

Meksifon, Gentle Male Rockruff
lvl 13, Own Tempo
- Bite
- Howl
- Thunder Fang
- Sand Attack​

Years

Slow bug quickly acquired

I bet you didn't expect update so soon. Me neither. But I decided to hunt for shiny Grubbin this morning and... I got it in 56 eggs. Say hi to Mimi:
Spoiler:

And there is more! I trained both Meksifon and Mimi for a bit and decided to go for Gladion. His Pokémon were still stronger than my new duo, so I had to call in Linda, who singlehandedly beat whole Gladion's team.

Continuing on I took part in the Lana's Trial. Mimi learned Spark after beating few trainers there, so I had nice type advantage over Araquanid. Or at least that's what I though. I surfed to the Totem Pokémon and Mimi got destroyed by one Bubble attack. Well... Not wanting to use my overleveled Pokémon, I sent out Meksifon. And his fate was the same. And so I chose Linda as my next Pokémon. And even she has hard time taking Totem Araquanid down. It took 3 Returns to beat it and I had to heal her right after that so she don't die to Bubble from Dewpider.

But I won and got Waterium Z. Look how is Mimi proud of me:
IuI9oyd.png

I cleared a little bit more of the story after that, stopping right before Battle Royal Dome. I'm still not sure who to hunt now. I'm thinking about Mareanie or Corsola more and more, but would also like to get Salandit. Or I could get Remoraid or Mantyke. I can't decide...

Team

brionne.gif

lvl 25, Torrent @Waterium Z
- Water Pledge
- Disarming Voice
- Icy Wind
- Encore

lopunny.gif

lvl 25, Cute Charm @Fightinium Z
- Return
- Jump Kick
- Fire Punch
- Foresight

rockruff.gif

Meksifon, Gentle Male Rockruff
lvl 17, Own Tempo
- Bite
- Howl
- Thunder Fang
- Sand Attack

grubbin.gif

Mimi, Quiet Female Grubbin
lvl 18, Swarm @Magnet
- Spark
- Bug Bite
- Mud-Slap
- Bite​

Years

More shinies!

I had some free time during my vacation from PC and I decided to do more hunting. And let me just say that I love Masuda Method. It's so fast in contrast with Full Odds hunting.

Anyway, I returned to Melemele to hunt Mareanie. I went to Melemele Sea and encountered one bubbling spot right away... And it had Magikarp. I should mention that this was really late in night for me, so it was day in the game and Corsola (which is needed for Mareanie) had only 5% encounter rate. I couldn't get the spot to bubble again for a while, so I decided to just explore the location and get Corsola the next day. So I spent some time here, beating trainers, picking up stuff and looking for more bubbling spots. When I was ready to save and go to the bed, I noticed one spot. I went there and fished up Corsola! I was awake in an instance! It didn't took long, actually only like 10 turns and 6 SOS Pokémon that Mareanie appeared.

I left breeding for the next day and got sunburned Mareanie in 213 eggs. Meet Dan:
Spoiler:

It was time to challenge another Trial with my new shiny. Sadly, Dan can't learn any Water-type move for now, so I had to use Deni, which made the whole thing laughably easy.

With Firium-Z I think it's time to find someone who can use it. And so I caught Salandit in the Wela Volcano Park. And I'm sure you can imagine the pain of hatching shiny female Salandit. I got one shiny male after 349 eggs. Those privileged white males ruining everything. It took me another 410 eggs to get shiny female Salandit. Say hello to Ivy:
Spoiler:

And that's pretty much all I did in those 3 weeks. I also started upgrading my Poké Pelago and Festival Plaza in preparations for the second part of this run. But I have to say that I really enjoy both exploring Alola this time and slowly picking my team. I'll have to train a little bit for Grass Trial, which brings me to another point that I like about hatching my shinies over getting them from SOS battles - They're obtained on level 1, which means I won't be easily overleveled.

Also, there are few updates on the current team members: Mimi evolved at one point during exploring the Melemele Sea and Meksifon evolved when I got up at 5AM one day.

Team

brionne.gif

lvl 28, Torrent @Waterium Z
- Water Pledge
- Disarming Voice
- Icy Wind
- Encore

lopunny.gif

lvl 28, Cute Charm @Fightinium Z
- Return
- Jump Kick
- Fire Punch
- Foresight

lycanroc-dusk.gif

Meksifon, Gentle Male Lycanroc
lvl 25, Tough Claws @Focus Band
- Rock Tomb
- Howl
- Thunder Fang
- Thrash

charjabug.gif

Mimi, Quiet Female Charjabug
lvl 22, Battery@Magnet
- Spark
- Bug Bite
- Acrobatics
- Charge

mareanie.gif

Dan, Calm Male Mareanie
lvl 16, Merciless
- Poison Sting
- Peck
- Bite
- Toxic Spikes

salandit.gif

Ivy, Quiet Female Salandit
lvl 1, Corrosion
- Scratch
- Poison Gas​

Last edited:

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
oh my god i love shiny challenges, but never have the patience for them even though i do like to shiny hunt. i just couldn't halt my progress in the story for it, aha. you've ended up with some great finds though and your team is so cute and aesthetic! i can't believe your luck with your popplio and FEMALE salandit though????? that's amazing. best of luck!!!

Years
Thanks, but don't remind me of that Popplio. I've been watching that intro cutscene for 5 months and don't want to think about it for the rest of my life. But I really enjoy this run, even though it took me a year to really start. And hatching goes really fast so I don't have to hinder my progress for a long time. I have about 5 boxes of Sandygast in about an hour. And I can't really decide who to get on my team. I plan on getting Sandygast and Comfey, but I'm not sure about other Pokémon. And I should also choose one Pokémon from Island Scan to hunt for Nanu. But I don't really like the selection in Ultra versions. Scatterbug maybe?

Years

Shiny black sand castle!

Let's start with Mallow's Trial. I'll skip the rant about how bad and boring this version of this Trial is compared to SuMo version and will get to the interesting part. This is my first time having troubles with beating Lurantis. In my previous runs I either had Litten as my starter or trained Salandit. This time, Ivy (my Salandit) was only on level 17 so I didn't really want to send her against Totem Pokémon. So after equipping Linda wirh Firium Z I challenged Lush Jungle's protector. And it went really badly. Lurantis called Kecleon with Sunny Day for help, so her Solar Blade and Synthesis were even stronger. Each time I almost beat her, she healed herself back to full health, while she systematically beat my Pokémon. After a while I had one last Pokémon - Ivy. So I sent her in and she tanked all Lurantis' attacks. Which was unexpected. So I switched between healing Ivy and using Dragon Rage to slowly wear Lurantis and Kecleon down.

With another Trial completed, I decided to get another Pokémon. After a while I picked Sandygast, because its shiny is gorgeous. But to get one I have to beat Olivia too. So I made my way to Konikoni City, helped some dude overcome his anxiety by showing him my Z-Move, hunted down 2 Dittos, blew all my money on new clothes and then finally got to Olivia, only to be send to Ruins of Life. This battle was pretty ordinary. I had Deni and Mimi to take care of her Fossils and the worst Lycanroc form.

With that I could finally go to the Hano Beach and catch Sandygast. And it took me a while to hatch the black one. If I counted the eggs correctly it took 627 eggs to get it (And yeah that's my shadow over the photo. It was sunny):
Spoiler:

With Sandygast Sarka being my 7th Pokémon I had to decide which Pokémon to box to let her on my team. You might notice that I didn't really mentioned anything about Dan here, because I didn't use it at all. It's more of the late game Pokémon imho and I have Deni and Ivy to completely replace it. So Dan was boxed. And Sarka is my hidden ace for next Trial.

Now before I travelled to the Aether Paradise I decided to explore now fully unlocked island. And yet again I'm amazed on how much content GF decided to lock behind their cutscenes. I've never explored Hano Grand Resort because the moment you went it you're stopped by Faba and taken to the Aether Paradise. I told him "No" and expected to still be taken there, but for once the player decision had some effect. And I'm glad I did that. There is a Pikachu wedding, Pyukumuku hunting, Pikachu celebrity, Pokémon equivalent of furries and a shy Crabrawler all in this location! Why would GF stop you from exploring this place?

But that's not all. I returned to Konikoni to hunt down remaining Dittos for the police (to get money on more clothes). Deni evolved after taking the whole gang on her own. And I randomly ended up on a dinner with Olivia. I love this game's side content.

I think that's all I did on Akala before moving to Aether Paradise. Next time I'll face against Nihilego with makes me think about getting one Ultra Beast in the Ultra Space later. Not sure if Nihilego or one different - I'm kinda fan of Skatakata and Celesteela. This also made me think about the post-game. I think I'll take a look at post-game and catch a shiny Pokémon for each story event there is. Might be fun and will bring more challenges.

Oh and from this update I'll also include the Ball each Pokémon is in, because I've been having fun with them lately.

Team

primarina.gif

Bag_Pok%C3%A9_Ball_Sprite.png
Deni, Modest Female Primarina
lvl 34, Torrent @Waterium Z
- Sparkling Aria
- Disarming Voice
- Icy Wind
- Encore

lopunny.gif

lvl 33, Cute Charm @Firium Z
- Return
- Jump Kick
- Fire Punch
- Foresight

lycanroc-dusk.gif

lvl 32, Tough Claws @Rockium Z
- Rock Tomb
- Howl
- Thunder Fang
- Stealth Rock

charjabug.gif

Bag_Net_Ball_Sprite.png
lvl 31, Battery @Magnet
- Spark
- X-Scissor
- Acrobatics
- Charge

salandit.gif

Bag_Timer_Ball_Sprite.png
lvl 29, Corrosion
- Dragon Rage
- Venoshock
- Flame Burst
- Toxic

sandygast.gif

Bag_Luxury_Ball_Sprite.png
Sarka, Brave Female Sandygast
lvl 17, Water Compaction
- Sand Tomb
- Absorb
- Astonish
- Sand Attack

Box

mareanie.gif

Last edited:
Years

Ice ball acquired!

It's time for a short update.

Nihilego was easy this time. I think it fell down after 1 strong Z-Move. And since there isn't really much to do, I continued to Ula'ula, where I beat Hau and finally got Lycanium Z (which I still can't use).

Exploring Malie City, I found Kantonian Gym and beat it. Then I finished the side quest with delivering Dartrix to a girl and her grandma. I know I already said that, but these kind of quests are great and I enjoyed them all so far. The same goes to the quest with Alolan Grimer/Muk in Outer Cape.

After a bunch of exploring and finishing the quest with finding 8 Stufful I finally got to the next Trial. And ti was pretty easy. I started with Sarka, but switched to Ivy after Sarka almost fainted. Ivy then had no problem dealing with Totem Togemaru.

There really isn't much to report after that. I beat Guzma, got Primarium Z, continued down the route to Tapu Village, making new record in Mantine Surfing on Ula'ula Beach and picking up Rare Candy from the store so I can evolve Mimi (which I forgot to do). But with another Trial completed, I have to get new shiny. And because I have no good way how to deal with Totem Mimikyu, I decided to postpone hunting Comfey one more Trial and get Alolan Sandshrew instead. And after only 23 eggs, I hatched this good boy:
Spoiler:

Ivan, my new Sandshrew, will be my ace alongside Sarka to take on that wannabe Pikachu. I decided to box Linda because she won't do much in Ghost Trial, she's pretty overleveled and I plan on using her in the end game.

And last thing. Since I still have to get Island Scan Pokémon before Nanu and I really dislike the selection of Pokémon offered by Island Scan in Ultra versions, I think I'll go with whatever is available the day I hunt.

Oh and one last thing again. I decided to challenge myself a little bit more and decided that I'll finish this run before the end of 2019.

Team

primarina.gif

lvl 40, Torrent @Primarium Z
- Sparkling Aria
- Disarming Voice
- Icy Wind
- Encore

lycanroc-dusk.gif

lvl 39, Tough Claws @Rockium Z
- Rock Slide
- Howl
- Thunder Fang
- Stealth Rock

charjabug.gif

Bag_Net_Ball_Sprite.png
lvl 38, Battery @Electrium Z
- Spark
- X-Scissor
- Acrobatics
- Charge

salandit.gif

lvl 37, Corrosion @Firium Z
- Nasty Plot
- Venoshock
- Flame Burst
- Toxic

sandygast.gif

Sarka, Brave Female Sandygast
lvl 37, Water Compaction @Grassium Z
- Bulldoze
- Giga Drain
- Astonish
- Psychic

sandshrew-alola.gif

Bag_Dive_Ball_Sprite.png
Ivan, Brave Male Sandshrew
lvl 1, Snow Cloak
- Scratch
- Defense Curl

Box

mareanie.gif
lopunny.gif

Years
Great luck with the female shiny Popplio, you also have a pretty balanced team.
Thanks. Yeah, I was really lucky with Popplio.

Ice ball acquired!

I kinda forgot to update this last week, so I might not get into much details, but almost nothing happened. I only got 2 more shiny Pokémon.

Before I started grinding Ivan to acceptable level, I decided to swap Meksifon and Dan, since Dan can also use some training. Ghost Trial was pretty easy. Ivan did some damage, but I swapped him soon for Sarka who end the battle with one Shadow Ball.

Right after that I decided to hunt more shinies. And since Nanu is next, I have to get my Island Scan Pokémon. It was Saturday, so I was hunting Axew for hours and finally got it late in night the same day. Say hi to Dominik:
Spoiler:

And I really wanted Comfey, but when I was looking for it and thinking about it, I figured out I wouldn't use it that much and switched my target to be Oricorio. It took around 629 eggs to finally get it. Meet Aja:
Spoiler:

I plan on using all forms, starting with either Pa'u or Baile Style. And that's it. Mimi and Sarka evolved and I boxed Mimi alongside Ivy to make room for Aja and Dominik. I'm currently exploring Haina Desert and levelling up so my team is ready for Team Skull.

Team

primarina.gif

lvl 44, Torrent @Primarium Z
- Sparkling Aria
- Disarming Voice
- Icy Wind
- Encore

mareanie.gif

Bag_Dive_Ball_Sprite.png
Dan, Calm Male Mareanie
lvl 32, Merciless
- Venoshock
- Toxic
- Bite
- Taxic Spikes

axew.gif

Dominik, Bold Male Axew
lvl 31, Mold Breaker
- Counter
- Dragon Claw
- False Swipe
- Slash

oricorio-pompom.gif

Bag_Ultra_Ball_Sprite.png
Aja, Modest Female Oricorio
lvl 22, Dancer
- Pound
- Feather Dance
- Air Cutter
- Helping Hand

palossand.gif

Sarka, Brave Female Palossand
lvl 42, Water Compaction @Ghostium Z
- Bulldoze
- Giga Drain
- Shadow Ball
- Psychic

sandshrew-alola.gif

Bag_Dive_Ball_Sprite.png
lvl 35, Snow Cloak
- Iron Head
- Iron Defense
- Slash
- Ice Punch

Box

lopunny.gif
vikavolt.gif
salazzle.gif
lycanroc-dusk.gif

Last edited:

Soaring Sid

Now I'm motivated
Years
Epic. The female Salandit, being a shiny one as well, is really awesome!. Best wishes, by the way!

Last edited:
Years

Golden Palm Tree acquired!

Well, it has been a while and a lot happened. Last time I was about to take on Po Town. I rotated my team a little bit, but don't remember with who I ended up since this was about a month ago. Po Town wasn't that hard and Guzma went down relatively quickly.

I rotated my team once again before Nanu's Grand Trial, this time to include Deni, Linda and Mim since they all have advantage over Nanu's Dark-types. Which was so fast, he didn't even had time to use his Z-Move. What a shame.

One swapping later I was on my way to Aether. I remember this was pretty long part, since I tried to train Dominik and Aja here. But they were so underleveled that I had to switch them out every single battle, which in turn wore down my team pretty quickly. Another Guzma battle and it was once again not that easy, just like most of his battles in this run. And Lusamine... My team wasn't made for her. I think I had Dan, Aja, Dominik, Sarka, Ivan and Ivy on my team and it took me few really smart plays to beat her.

With this part finished, I could finally go to Poni Island and to more hunting. This was also the time I realized I'm only missing a Grass, Dark and Fighting-type on my team. So I should probably catch Pokémon of those types. After doing some story stuff I was ready for my next target. A palm tree like no other - Exeggcute. It took me a while to actually even catch it, since I wanted to have one in Fast Ball, but I only had one of these and Exeggcute kept breaking out of it. And not only from Fast Ball, but also from Level and Repeat Balls, which were my second and third option for it. But after bunch of restarts I got it.

Breeding didn't took that much time either. Maybe it's because I haven't done one in a while, but hatching 481 eggs went really quickly. And here's my new golden palm tree (as eggs right now) Kamila:
Spoiler:

But it's not all for this update. I trained Kamila a lot and continued on with a story. My team at this point was Deni, evolved Kamila, Dan, Ivy, Meksifon and once again evolved Dominik. I cleared Vast Poni Canyon and Dragon Trial with this team. Kamila was surprisingly oneshotted by Totem Kommo-o and Deni was put it disadvantage because Scizor appeared. I had to switch her after one turn (since Kommo-o tanked her Moonblast with Roseli Berry) for Dominik. Who I had to switch out again, since Kommo-o was hitting him hard. I ended up with Ivy going in and actually inflicting a lot of damage to Kommo-o before fainting. And then I sent out Dan, who poisoned Kommo-o and then took it down with Poison Jab. One quick switch to revived Ivy and Scizor also went down.

Next is Ultra Necrozma. And I can't really express how disappointing this Pokémon is. It's probably the only design in Alola that I don't like and the battle against it is just meh after all the hype it gets throughout the game. It went down after 2 Moonblasts from Deni and that was it. It didn't even inflicted any damage to her.

But thankfully this opens up new way of obtaining shinies. So that's at last one good thing about that fight (aside music). So Dark and Fighting-type Pokémon are on the menu. I think I'll go for a Pokémon I wanted to get from the start - Alolan Meowth, for Dark-type. And I'll hunt Pheromosa for Fighting-type, since I wanted Ultra Beast this time. I might also hunt for shiny Poipole and do something else for Kahili and Molayne in Elite Four and probably also for Hau. Or maybe I'll leave these hunts for a post-game, where I plan on hunting for Type: Null and Stakataka.

And so this is the end of this update. After beating Necrozma I meet with Mina and rotated my team once again to be prepared for the next trial. Deni is now on Ultra Necrozma's level, so she'll be put aside until Elite Four. Don't tell that to my girlfriend though, since Deni is named after her and Primarina is her favourite Alola starter.

But I'll get a Alolan Meowth and Pheromosa first.

Team

lycanroc-dusk.gif

lvl 53, Tough Claws @Lycanium Z
- Stone Edge
- Crunch
- Thunder Fang
- Stealth Rock

toxapex.gif

Bag_Dive_Ball_Sprite.png
Dan, Calm Male Mareanie
lvl 51, Merciless
- Posion Jab
- Baneful Bunker
- Bite
- Toxic Spikes

exeggutor-alola.gif

Bag_Fast_Ball_Sprite.png
Kamila, Impish Female Exeggutor
lvl 47, Frisk
- Confusion
- Wood Hammer
- Sleep Powder
- Dragon Hammer

oricorio.gif

Bag_Ultra_Ball_Sprite.png
Aja, Modest Female Oricorio
lvl 48, Dancer
- Revelation Dance
- Feather Dance
- Air Cutter
- Teeter Dance

salazzle.gif

Ivy, Quiet Female Salazzle
lvl 54, Corrosion @Firium Z
- Nasty Plot
- Venoshock
- Flamethrower
- Toxic

vikavolt.gif

Bag_Net_Ball_Sprite.png
Mimi, Quiet Female Vikavolt
lvl 48, Levitate @Electrium Z
- Thunderbolt
- Signal Beam
- Acrobatics
- Charge

Box

primarina.gif
lopunny.gif
sandslash-alola.gif
palossand.gif
haxorus.gif

Years

Bubbly kitty and domina acquired!

This part was really short. I caught Alolan Meowth and start the breeding process. And it ended in 29 eggs... Meet Lenka:
Spoiler:

But my luck didn't stop there. I instantly went to the Ultra Wormhole and after few wrong trips I got to the Ultra Ruins. And I have to say that I love this location. Anyway, it took me about 3 hours of softresetting to get my own domina (is this word allowed here on PC?). I'm slowly running out of ideas for female nicknames, so meet Gabca:
Spoiler:

With my new teammates, I switched my team a little bit to counter Mina and her trial. I'm not sure about my whole team, but I boxed Gabca, since she's level 60 and put Ivan, Sarka Lenka, Kamila, Dan and Dominik on my team, but I switched them up a little bit before challenging each captain.

From what I can remember, Lana was the hardest captain to beat, since I brought Pokémon like Ivy, Kamila and Sarka for this battle. Other fight were fine and Lenka evolved after beating Nanu. That's something I find kinda cute or adorable. I imagined she was watching Nanu's Persian use Z-move and wanted to be as strong as she is. But that's just my headcannon.

This was also the part when I remember I haven't screenshot my adventure in a while. So here's the picture of Totem Ribombee:
8q4S7VP.png

I'm not sure what Pokémon I had during this fight. I think I had Dan, Ivy, Aja, Meksifon, Lenka and Kamila. I'm pretty sure I had Dan since he shined during the fight and handled Totem Ribombee alone. So this wasn't that hard. Ribombee even called Blissey so I got bunch of XP from it.

So after the fight I went straight to beat Hapu. My team was following:
3RoPIhq.png

I know I said I won't use Deni and Gabca until E4, but this was final Grand Trial. I had to bring them in. And I even used them. Gabca was able to one-shot Hapu's Flygon, but was brought in the red HP in the process. Ivan then took on her Mudsdale and easily won.
Sl7M350.png

And with that I'm almost done with this part of a run. I'm not sure if I mentioned it, but I've been hoarding Gold Bottle Caps for a while now so I can move to the Battle Tree quickly. I'm also not sure about what team I'll use for E4, but the E4 update will be here soon. I want to try write it as the fights happens in real time.

Team

persian-alola.gif

Lenka, Hardy Female Persian
lvl 36, Fur Coat
- Swift
- Power Gem
- Bite
- Fake Out

lopunny.gif

lvl 51, Cute Charm @Fightinium Z
- Return
- Jump Kick
- Fire Punch
- Foresight

palossand.gif

lvl 51, Water Compaction @Ghostium Z
- Earth Power
- Giga Drain
- Shadow Ball
- Psychic

sandslash-alola.gif

Bag_Dive_Ball_Sprite.png
lvl 52, Snow Cloak @Steelium
- Iron Head
- Iron Defense
- Sword Dance
- Ice Punch

salazzle.gif

lvl 56, Corrosion @Firium Z
- Dragon Pulse
- Sludge Bomb
- Flamethrower
- Toxic

vikavolt.gif

Bag_Net_Ball_Sprite.png
Mimi, Quiet Female Vikavolt
lvl 51, Levitate @Electrium Z
- Thunderbolt
- Signal Beam
- Acrobatics
- Charge

Box

primarina.gif
toxapex.gif
exeggutor-alola.gif
lycanroc-dusk.gif
haxorus.gif
oricorio.gif
pheromosa.gif

Years

ELITE FOUR

Let's go!

First I had to even get to the Elite Four. Battle with Gladion was pretty okay. I started with Mimi and beat his Crobat after taking Cross Poison. I then successfully called Gladion's tricks and sent Linda out when he sent out "Lucario". Unfortunately he decided to use his Z-Move and beat Linda. So Mimi is it again and she beat Zoroark after dodging his Night Daze. Next is Silvally and Ivy took care of it with her Sludge Bomb powered into Acid Downpour. She also stayed for Lucario fight and beat him with one Flamethrower.

Also there is another thing I have to do. Let's go to Mahalo Trial! Nebby is here!
g9J2xkv.png

Would you believe this is the first time I've seen this animation outside trailer?
WvVcEDm.png

And would you believe this is first Lunala I've ever caught? And it was caught in 1st Ultra Ball.
0a1oSv0.png

Then there is Necrozma. Just like with Lunala, this is first Necrozma I've ever caught and in very 1st Ultra Ball. Legendaries these days are so easy to catch...
3RP9xjg.png
zd2Pyfz.png

I made few tweaks in movesets of my team and after small cutscene challenged Elite Four.
gwjs1wA.png

Molayne is first. I led with Ivy and his first Pokémon was Klefki, who was able to paralyze Ivy and set one layer of spikes. I switched up to Deni when he sent out Dugrtrio. And it hit pretty hard with Earthquake, so back to Ivy for Magnezone. He then sent out Metagross and took down Ivy with Zen Headbutt. It then took down Linda, but Sarka tanked its attack and beat it with Ghost Z-Move. For his final Pokémon, a Bisharp, I sent out Ivan.

Olivia is next and I lead with Deni. She took down good half of Olivia's team before beating beaten by her Lycanroc's Z-Move. Ivan is next it he uses his own Z-Move to take care of rest of Olivia's team.

Acerola is next. I put Darkinium Z on Linda and forgot to put her in the front of the party, so Deni started the battle. It brought Acerola's Banette to red and she decided to switch to Dhelmise. But I'm experienced trainer so I used Ice Beam, which was able to take Dhelmise down. Palossand was her next Pokémon, so I decided to left Deni in the battle and one overpowered Z-Move later, Palossand was down. When Acerola sent out Froslass I decided to go with Linda. Linda dodged both Blizzard and Confuse Ray and beat Froslass with two Fire Punches. Her next Pokémon was Banette again, so I let Linda handle him. Three Brutal Swings later and Acerola is down to her last Pokémon. She sent out Drifblim and I sent out Meksifon. And...

Before challenging Kahili I once again switched up few Z-Crystals. I put Firium Z on Linda and Icium Z on Ivan. Battle started with Ivan vs Braviary. Ivan wasn't able to one-shot Braviary with one Ice Punch, but when Kahili was healing her Braviary, I set up Swords Dance. Three Swords Dance. Which was enough to take down Braviary, but her Hawlucha was too fast and too strong for slow Ivan. I sent out Sarka, was able to survive Throat Chop and take down Hawlucha with Psychic. Next up was Meksifon vs Mandibuzz. Mandibuzz was able to dodge 2 Stone Edges, but third was enough to take her down. Kahili sent out Toucannon and since I had my last PP in Stone Edge, I used it for Z-Move. Her last Pokémon Oricorio went down quickly after few Thunder Fangs.

And now for the final battle against Hau. This calls for an epic theme...
Spoiler:

First battle was Sarka vs Raichu. Both put each other in a red with Earth Power and Psychic. Hau then decides to heal, but my next Earth Power is strong enough to beat Raichu. Ivy vs Crabominable is next. And it was over before Crabominable could even move. Linda vs Tauros. Tauros put Linda in red with Double Edge and Linda then missed with Jump Kick, KOing herself. I sent out Ivan, but got surprised by Tauros' Earthquake. I survived one, but couldn't live through the next. I sent out Ivy and though I would outsped Tauros, but he was still faster and Earthquake brought Ivy down to 1 HP. Next up was Deni vs Incineroar. Our beloved starters clashed against each other. This was the time for a Oceanic Operetta! There was no was Incineroar would survive this. Hau then decided to sent out Leafeon. Which was pretty bad, since Ivy had only 1 HP. I sent her out anyway and healed her. Leafeon used Quick Attack, so no damage at all and I was able to finish him up with Sludge Wave. Last battle was Meksifon vs Noivern. And one Stone Edge later, I became a Champion of the Alola League.
ixqWU7H.png

That's it. The first part of this run if completed! Now I think I'll hunt for shiny Type: Null, Poipole and Stakataka, beat Rainbow Rocket episode and then move on to the Battle Tree.

Hall of Fame

primarina.gif

lvl 63, Torrent @Primarium Z
- Sparkling Aria
- Disarming Voice
- Ice Beam
- Encore

lopunny.gif

lvl 58, Cute Charm @Firium Z
- Return
- Jump Kick
- Fire Punch
- Brutal Swing

palossand.gif

lvl 59, Water Compaction @Ghostium Z
- Earth Power
- Giga Drain
- Shadow Ball
- Psychic

sandslash-alola.gif

Bag_Dive_Ball_Sprite.png
lvl 59, Snow Cloak @Icium Z
- Iron Head
- Drill Run
- Sword Dance
- Ice Punch

salazzle.gif

lvl 63, Corrosion @Firium Z
- Dragon Pulse
- Sludge Bomb
- Flamethrower
- Toxic

lycanroc-dusk.gif

lvl 59, Tough Claws @Lycanium Z
- Stone Edge
- Crunch
- Thunder Fang
- Stealth Rock

Box

persian-alola.gif
toxapex.gif
exeggutor-alola.gif
vikavolt.gif
haxorus.gif
oricorio.gif
pheromosa.gif

Years

LET'S BUILD A SHINY WALL AND PET A SHINY DOGGO!

It has been a while since I posted an update here. Well, there wasn't much to report anyway.

Right after I became Champion, I've been taken to Poni Grove, where I spent majority of the winter (mostly because I focused on different runs). But after few days of soft resetting I got my own shiny legendary doggo at the start of March.
Spoiler:

And I did only few steps before I was thrown into another hunt. Gold Stakataka was surprisingly easy to find, only took me few days after Type: Null.
Spoiler:

After that I finally started doing post-game stuff. I beat Rainbow Rocket in Festival Plaza and was really looking forward beating all team leaders from previous games. And it was a ride. Maxie was first and I almost didn't even get to Groudon. My Pokémon were so underleveled. But I somehow managed to beat not only Maxie, but also rest of leaders. Except for Giovanni. His whole team was fine, but mega-evolved Mewtwo decimated my whole team and I didn't even touched it.

So as true anime protagonist I decided to leave the thread and undergo brutal training in Poni Grove. It took me a while, but managed to get to the Battle Tree and even beat legendary Pokémon Trainer Red. After few rounds on single battles in Battle Tree, I was ready to take on Giovanni and his Mega Mewtwo Y. And I was right! Deni run through his Ground-type Pokémon and Meksifon ended Mega Mewtwo Y with one Splintered Stormshards.

So now it's time to beat Battle Tree. I have enough Gold Bottle Caps to put my whole team on perfect IVs, but I have to train them to level 100 first. And reset their EVs. I'm also thinking about using my boxed shinies to beat Battle Tree. Pheromosa and Stakataka are pretty obvious choices, but I was thinking more about Alolan Persian and Toxapex and Oricorio for my trio. But I might swap Oricorio for one of the Ultra Beasts. So yeah, this is all for now.

Hall of Fame

primarina.gif

lvl 76, Torrent @Primarium Z
- Sparkling Aria
- Disarming Voice
- Ice Beam
- Encore

lopunny.gif

lvl 71, Cute Charm @Firium Z
- Return
- High Jump Kick
- Fire Punch
- Brutal Swing

palossand.gif

lvl 73, Water Compaction @Ghostium Z
- Earth Power
- Giga Drain
- Shadow Ball
- Psychic

sandslash-alola.gif

Bag_Dive_Ball_Sprite.png
lvl 72, Snow Cloak @Icium Z
- Iron Head
- Drill Run
- Sword Dance
- Ice Punch

salazzle.gif

lvl 74, Corrosion @Poisonium Z
- Dragon Pulse
- Sludge Wave
- Flamethrower
- Toxic

lycanroc-dusk.gif

lvl 73, Tough Claws @Lycanium Z
- Stone Edge
- Crunch
- Thunder Fang
- Stealth Rock

Box

persian-alola.gif
toxapex.gif
exeggutor-alola.gif
vikavolt.gif
haxorus.gif
oricorio.gif
pheromosa.gif
typenull.gif
stakataka.gif

Soaring Sid

Now I'm motivated
Years
Congrats on finishing part 1! Ultra Necrozma OHKO'ed my entire team except for Decidueye, who Sucker Punched it to success. And your assembly of Pokémon is amazing, Haxorus is one of my favourite shinies! Excited to see what comes next!

Years

BATTLE TREE SUPER SINGLES!

Okay, it's time for the first update in a new section.

Forming team for Super Singles was pretty hard. I decided to try Lenka, Dan and Gabca with following sets:
persian-alola.gif

Persian-Alola (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Fur Coat
EVs: 126 HP / 252 Def / 130 Spe
Hardy Nature
- Fake Out
- Foul Play
- Taunt
- Confide

toxapex.gif

Toxapex (M) @ Black Sludge
Ability: Merciless
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Calm Nature
- Toxic
- Baneful Bunker
- Scald
- Recover

pheromosa.gif

Pheromosa @ Life Orb
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naughty Nature
- Lunge
- Ice Beam
- Drill Run
- Brick Break​
Sadly Lenka with Parting Shot wasn't that great and Gabca didn't really hit hard for some reason (that reason being that I somehow EVE trained her HP instead of ATK and noticed only after a while). Dan could stall anything aside from other Poison-types and Umbreon. I lost only when Gabca and Lenka died early on. I got to about 30 wins with this team after few tries and decided to try more offensive team.
lopunny.gif

Lopunny (F) @ Lopunnite
Ability: Cute Charm
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Docile Nature
- Return
- High Jump Kick
- Fire Punch
- Thunder Punch

primarina.gif

Primarina (F) @ Primarium Z
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Sparkling Aria
- Ice Beam
- Moonblast
- Aqua Jet

palossand.gif

Palossand (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Compaction
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Brave Nature
- Earth Power
- Shore Up
- Shadow Ball
- Toxic
This team got me to 47 wins max, but Sarka wasn't up to the Dan's level of stalling, so I switched her for Dan. And that team actually got me to Red, even though I had 2 Water-types. Mega Evolving Linda was so satisfying after years of training. It's fun!

So, let's talk about the battle against Red. I saved the battle, so you can watch it with this code: PLDW-WWWW-WWXD-BZMS. I started with Linda and Red with Blastoise. I quickly Mega Evolved her and start using Thunder Punches. One Thunder Punch took down about half of Blastoise's HP, but it healed with Leftovers, which saved it from second Thunder Punch KOing it and Blastoise beat Linda with Aqua Tail. I sent Deni and she quickly beat Blastoise. Red's next Pokémon was Charizard and he quickly Mega Evolved it into Y version. And it hit Deni with Solar Beam. Deni survived with 5 HP and ended Mega Charizard with one Oceanic Operetta. Red's last Pokémon was Snorlax and Deni was able to land one attack before fainting. Dan was able to stall Snorlax with Toxic, Baneful Bunker and Recover.

And so I finished 1st part of Battle Tree. To be honest I'm not sure if my team is able to take on Double Battles, since I never really played that format and even Singles were pretty harsh. But I'm not done with this thread and run. Shiny Hunters Club inspired me to hunt more Pokémon. So I think I'll do some kind of themed shiny teams and beat at least E4 with it. And who knows, maybe I'll build the whole living shiny dex one day.

Momoro

I'm gonna put some dirt in your eye..
Years

BATTLE TREE SUPER SINGLES!

Okay, it's time for the first update in a new section.

Forming team for Super Singles was pretty hard. I decided to try Lenka, Dan and Gabca with following sets:
persian-alola.gif

Persian-Alola (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Fur Coat
EVs: 126 HP / 252 Def / 130 Spe
Hardy Nature
- Fake Out
- Foul Play
- Taunt
- Confide

toxapex.gif

Toxapex (M) @ Black Sludge
Ability: Merciless
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Calm Nature
- Toxic
- Baneful Bunker
- Scald
- Recover

pheromosa.gif

Pheromosa @ Life Orb
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naughty Nature
- Lunge
- Ice Beam
- Drill Run
- Brick Break​
Sadly Lenka with Parting Shot wasn't that great and Gabca didn't really hit hard for some reason (that reason being that I somehow EVE trained her HP instead of ATK and noticed only after a while). Dan could stall anything aside from other Poison-types and Umbreon. I lost only when Gabca and Lenka died early on. I got to about 30 wins with this team after few tries and decided to try more offensive team.
lopunny.gif

Lopunny (F) @ Lopunnite
Ability: Cute Charm
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Docile Nature
- Return
- High Jump Kick
- Fire Punch
- Thunder Punch

primarina.gif

Primarina (F) @ Primarium Z
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Sparkling Aria
- Ice Beam
- Moonblast
- Aqua Jet

palossand.gif

Palossand (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Compaction
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Brave Nature
- Earth Power
- Shore Up
- Shadow Ball
- Toxic
This team got me to 47 wins max, but Sarka wasn't up to the Dan's level of stalling, so I switched her for Dan. And that team actually got me to Red, even though I had 2 Water-types. Mega Evolving Linda was so satisfying after years of training. It's fun!

So, let's talk about the battle against Red. I saved the battle, so you can watch it with this code: PLDW-WWWW-WWXD-BZMS. I started with Linda and Red with Blastoise. I quickly Mega Evolved her and start using Thunder Punches. One Thunder Punch took down about half of Blastoise's HP, but it healed with Leftovers, which saved it from second Thunder Punch KOing it and Blastoise beat Linda with Aqua Tail. I sent Deni and she quickly beat Blastoise. Red's next Pokémon was Charizard and he quickly Mega Evolved it into Y version. And it hit Deni with Solar Beam. Deni survived with 5 HP and ended Mega Charizard with one Oceanic Operetta. Red's last Pokémon was Snorlax and Deni was able to land one attack before fainting. Dan was able to stall Snorlax with Toxic, Baneful Bunker and Recover.

And so I finished 1st part of Battle Tree. To be honest I'm not sure if my team is able to take on Double Battles, since I never really played that format and even Singles were pretty harsh. But I'm not done with this thread and run. Shiny Hunters Club inspired me to hunt more Pokémon. So I think I'll do some kind of themed shiny teams and beat at least E4 with it. And who knows, maybe I'll build the whole living shiny dex one day.

I feel sad. You do seem to be done with this thread..

All of the 3DS family of console's Pokemon games are being left behind.. (And that includes the Pokemon DS games as well.) Which is a real downer, because I grew up with these games, and now their just collecting dust.

Back