• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Shellos & Shinies

Years
  • Seen May 14, 2008
Hey,

I got to a new region in the game and saw a blue shellos, i thought it was a shiny so i caught it. Then i started levelling up in the area and so a bunch of blue shellos. I did some research and figured out that shellos have 2 different colors in the game. Does anyone know if there are any other pokemon in this game that have more than one color.

On another note, is there anyway, other than from the color of the pokemon, to tell if it is a shiny or not?

Years
  • Seen May 14, 2008
Actually, i meant for any pokemon.

For example, an abra and a shiny abra. Other than color, is there anyway to tell if they're shiny.

Cause usually i don't pay too much attention to the pokemon when i'm levelling up and i might miss it.

Endless_Winters

..A wasteland of lost thoughts
Years
Also, if you look in the summary, there should be a little red star beside the sprite (Picture of your pokemon) That means it is a legit shiny, but if it doesn't, either its hacked or it just has two normal colours.. like in your case.

Inugami

Years
Ha! I thought the same thing.
Pretty dumb for a shiny collecter
Besides Hippopowdon with a different color depending on gender.\
also Wormadam, has 3 forms that don't change, Grass, Ground, and Pink Steel.

.Aero

Tell Me I'm A Screwed Up Mess
Years
I just had a shiny question too so I'll ask it here. When you hatch a shiny, does it sparkle too? Or will you have to pay attention to the color? I know clamperl is easy to tell apart of normal and shiny, but I might shiny hunt for others.

Endless_Winters

..A wasteland of lost thoughts
Years
I'm not sure if it would upon hatching.. most likely not, but the only way to tell for sure is to check its summary. If it has the little red star beside it and it is the shiny colour it's supposed to be (you can check serebii.net's DP pokedex to see the shiny sprite) then you will know whether it is or isn't a shiny.

Back