• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Wonder Trade Guilt.

Nillemi

Under my Rock
Years
I know it's random and I have no control over it but...
Am I the only one who Feels bad when you get too good of a pokemon from it?

For example, I've been breeding Eevees today for one with a good IV spread, Finally got a good one for Sylveon and decided to trade away the extras, Figuring Eevees are a rare find on Route 10 and some people may have missed them it would be a decent trade. It will also help me fill out my pokedex, Win Win.

Now Of course I get some lame trades like Pawniard, Drifloon, Skiddo, 3 Fletchlings. But I also occasionally end up getting stuff like Pangoro, Jolteon, Vaporeon, A level 63 Absol, Stuff People might not have realized they're Getting a lvl 1 Eevee for.

I know it's not my fault, Still cant help from feeling a bit guilty.

Years
Well, you could always offer the people who gave you decent stuff a better pokemon than what you initially gave them, as they should be on your acquaintance list. But no, people do it knowing it's a gamble. That's honestly why I've only done it three times.

Blueredemption

Never stop exploring!
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Oct 16, 2023
i feel the same way, i refuse to trade a Pokemon under level 20 (excluding starters etc) because i feel awful after doing so... but it is a gamble so you technically have done no wrong in doing so.

Nillemi

Under my Rock
Years
Well, you could always offer the people who gave you decent stuff a better pokemon than what you initially gave them, as they should be on your acquaintance list. But no, people do it knowing it's a gamble. That's honestly why I've only done it three times.
I guess, But tbh, I don't have anything much better, Just a ton of random wild pokemon what never touched my party.

I'm still gonna use it though, Helps me fill out the odd, annoying spots of the pokedex while also gives me more Trainer IDs for the Raffle/Drawing thing.

i feel the same way, i refuse to trade a Pokemon under level 20 (excluding starters etc) because i feel awful after doing so... but it is a gamble so you technically have done no wrong in doing so.
Thing is, I know there are plenty of people who would be happy with an Eevee, But It's still a bit of an unfair trade if I get something like Vaporeon or Jolteon. If only I could see what I Was getting first! But that would Defeat the Purpose of it >_<

Blueredemption

Never stop exploring!
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Oct 16, 2023
i should have said this in my first post, i get around the majority of the guilt by taking the low level Pokemon and leveling them up past twenty, which is extensively easy with the new exp share.

Also, since you can buy the water and fire stones in the stone emporium for dirt cheep, evolving those Eevee's is so much easier

Nillemi

Under my Rock
Years
i should have said this in my first post, i get around the majority of the guilt by taking the low level Pokemon and leveling them up past twenty, which is extensively easy with the new exp share.

Also, since you can buy the water and fire stones in the stone emporium for dirt cheep, evolving those Eevee's is so much easier

If I'm correct You cant Buy the Thunderstone, Just Water, Leaf and Fire. The 3 stones the monkees use.
And yeah thats fair enough, Although then once you train them you'll get 3 luvdiscs...
But hey, One of the people forgot to take the Heart scale off, So thats a plus.

Flushed

never eat raspberries
Years
  • Seen Nov 5, 2017
Lame? Haha try getting all Zigzagoons and Bunnelby. But I did get a couple Honedge. Not sure if I should feel guilty for sending Luvdisc, but if anyone's like me and needs Heart Scales, they already have a ton of Luvdisc.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Oct 16, 2013
I think the gamble offsets, but if a little kid is trading a prized pokemon not knowing how wonder trade works... it feels pretty bad

Azire

Mr. Premier Ball
Years
  • Seen Dec 25, 2016
I see no problems actually. Once I'm finished with everything I will probably trade most of my random gameplay Pokemon on Wonder Trade. I haven't bothered to waste time Super Training 20 Pokemon so I may end up sending out Pokemon in the 80's with terrible EV spreads. Better than releasing them and I'll be breeding/catching everything new. Especially now that I've learned babies get their mother's Pokeball I want my living Dex in the same balls.

EDIT: Oh and I require my living Dex Pokemon to have their Hidden Abilities, and babies without it or a bad nature will be shipped away on Wonder Trade.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Nov 12, 2013
When I started the game and didn't know how much of it worked, I got a Ghastly unexpectedly and have kept it going through the game. I got some nice randoms... I do sort of feel bad, but as the rest of you have said, I figure most know the risks and gains.

Years
ive been dumping HIdden Ability Eevees with good natures into wonder trade so im making up for your horrible guilt :)

Kikaito plush

Angeline plushxKikaito plush
Years
I only put in pokemon that had evolved to the final evolution so I do not feel guilty if I get a starter pokemon or a verison only pokemon in the wonder trade.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 21, 2021
There's nothing wrong with eevees so you shouldn't feel bad. There's also no guarantee that you're ever giving people pokemon they'll appreciate. You could be feeling generous breeding some bulbasaurs and version exclusives....but the people you send them too might have them already and not feel very grateful.

You should only feel guilty if you're putting up pokemon that appear in maybe the first 5 routes. They're a bit cheap.

The only real way to be sure to not feel guilty is to put up shinies or legendary pokemon. I think that's too much to expect.

I've mainly been putting up exclusives I've bred and late game pokemon. Also I don't really want to receive
pokémon people have been training. I'm just happy to get something that I didn't have in my pokedex.

Years
  • Seen Jul 28, 2016
Heh, feeling bad? try trading a lvl 4 panpour and getting a lvl 62 Gogoat -_- I was chaining so i didnt start with that panpour but still. Though i figure one i acquire a ditto and start breeding/make my way through the game, I'll be making up for it with exclusives and higher lvl stuff. My current plan is breeding abras, exp sharing them to 16, then trading them away to evolve on contact, figure i'll make some peoples day. Normally if i get a caterpie or weedle i'll evolve them before sending them again. Idk lol getting that gogoats eating away at me haha even if i can't use it yet

Years
I trade Pokemon I have no use for in that I do not care to use them ever in battle--they have filled the requirement on the Pokedex and as such need a new home. These are completely evolved Pokemon.

However, most of my trades are extra, unwanted, Pokemon that are hatched from breeding. I breed good Pokemon, but when I receive something extraordinary I make sure to trade the player something worthwhile.

However, I am of the belief that it balances itself out quite nicely so what I feel predisposed to do, that is to trade so-and-so something better, is superfluous. I received a Ninjask only moments ago, but alas I hadn't a Pokemon to return the favor.

People do know what they are getting into, it is a gamble, and yet I believe we all feel a little guilty.

Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen May 28, 2019
I got a male Fennekin, which is cool and all. Only to realize it wasn't bred, lv. 5 and is called "Kennekins". I wanted to trade it back but the guy who gave it to me wasn't the OT. Looks like this "Shauna" didn't know what she was getting into.

It hit like a brick. I don't feel guilty for what I get but dammit this is an exception.

Years
I got a male Fennekin, which is cool and all. Only to realize it wasn't bred, lv. 5 and is called "Kennekins". I wanted to trade it back but the guy who gave it to me wasn't the OT. Looks like this "Shauna" didn't know what she was getting into.

It hit like a brick. I don't feel guilty for what I get but dammit this is an exception.

that is the end game poke you get from beating the game...when you finish the easy4 one of your rivals wants to trade you a started of the opposite type you had.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Nov 20, 2013
I wonder traded a Karrablast for a Froakie, ten minutes before I got a Froakie from shauna.

Back