• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Misprinted Non-Holo LV.X Uxie

Years
  • Seen Sep 9, 2009
is there any legitimacy to this?

I've been browsing online about it for a bit now, I just bidded on it on eBay for about $25.

From what I've read, there were about 100 cards that slipped through, without getting the holofoil print on them, for whatever reason.

I've done every check I can to see if it's fake, but I'm just wanting to double check and make sure that this is real.

I've been going through forums trying to find the answer, but, if these are a misprint, wouldn't they be worth the $25? Possibly more?

If so, let me know, I'll go buy some more. He has a couple of them up for sale.

Thanks guys,

Years
  • Seen Oct 6, 2012
You may be ACCUSED of having a fake, but as long as it is the same basic card its 100% legit.

Years
  • Seen Sep 9, 2009
Everything on the card is the exact same as the holo LV.X uxie I have, no spelling errors, nothing.

I read in another thread that the best way to tell a 'fake' is the back, and the back is the exact same.

Does this mean I bought a treasure?

Raikou Trainer

Competitive Pokemon TCG player
Years
Check out this thread on the PokeGym: http://pokegym.net/forums/showthread.php?t=64968. This should answer your questions.

Based on the limited info you gave, there's a very good chance that it might be a fake card, since Nintendo has NEVER printed a lv. X in a non-holo form (World Championship decks excluded). Also, fake cards are not allowed at official tournaments, so since it's most likely a fake, that was a wasted $25, as much as I hate to disappoint you.

Years
  • Seen Sep 9, 2009
Thank you for that link! I actually hadn't been through that site before.

This card is passing all of the tests though, I'll scan it into my computer later tonight, and show you all.

But from what I was told, it wasn't an official release, it just passed through the machine without the holofoil being pressed onto it, just like the raichu release

Years
  • Seen Sep 9, 2009
I also heard about the same situation with a Mesprit LV.X, any comments on this one?

I'm positive the Uxie is authetic, as FaWa said, I may be accused of having a fake, but I'm sure it's real.

Any info?

Raikou Trainer

Competitive Pokemon TCG player
Years
I also heard about the same situation with a Mesprit LV.X, any comments on this one?

I'm positive the Uxie is authetic, as FaWa said, I may be accused of having a fake, but I'm sure it's real.

Any info?
Scans would help us determine if they're real or not. It's kind of hard to really determine something like that without seeing the card(s) in question.

Years
  • Seen Sep 9, 2009
I"ll scan the one I have, and upload it, but I haven't bid on the other one yet.

Thanks for the help PC!

Years
  • Seen May 11, 2016
I have seen a legit Mesprit LV.X. Unless the attacks don't look like this:

LegendsAwakened143Mesprit.jpg

It's real.​

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 20, 2018
This maybe be an extremely old thread, but I just looked into this. I got some packs 10 years ago in July. I remember it exactly. I didnt know it wasnt supposed to be holo until today because I decided to look it up. I can confirm it is 100% real as I opened it in a booster pack myself. My brother got a holo Mesprit Level X and I got the non-holo Uxie from the same box . Let me know if you want more info.

Attachments

• Screenshot_7.jpg
    Screenshot_7.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 5
  • Screenshot_10.png
    Screenshot_10.png
    262.1 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
Years
This maybe be an extremely old thread, but I just looked into this. I got some packs 10 years ago in July. I remember it exactly. I didnt know it wasnt supposed to be holo until today because I decided to look it up. I can confirm it is 100% real as I opened it in a booster pack myself. My brother got a holo Mesprit Level X and I got the non-holo Uxie from the same box . Let me know if you want more info.

Hate to break it to ya, but both of those are counterfeits/fakes. And I'll list every reason why for both cards. Just because you pulled them from packs, doesn't mean they were legit. There have always been people who make counterfeit packs to take advantage of the fact that the majority of the people buying Pokemon cards aren't gonna know the difference - as in, parents and older relatives who aren't into Pokemon buying the cards for their children/nieces and nephews/grandchildren/etc, and of course actual children. Having played when these cards were seeing regular use at tournaments, I know what the legit versions look like.

I'll start with Uxie first: First off, Uxie is supposed to have a holofoil silver border, not a yellow one. Also the X is supposed to be holo as well. And so is the gold bit that LEVEL-UP is in. The gold box that "Put this card onto your Active Uxie. Uxie LV. X can use any attack, Poke-Power, or Poke-Body from its previous Level." is also supposed to be holo. The card picture looks like it's a scan of the official card with the "holo" pattern there just statically, when in actuality it's just a photo taken with someone's scanner that happened to shine a light on some of the holo spots of the actual card. The description font for both the Trade Off Poke-Power and the Zen Blade attack looks like it's the wrong font (there's a specific font Pokemon uses that isn't available in most word processors - it's a font that looks similar to Arial but is taller overall and is like a half step between Arial and Arial Black and thickness).

Also there are typos in the Trade Off description: the "e" in Poke-Power has no accent over it like it should (it should be using "?", not "e"), it says "cad" instead of "card". The energy symbols used to represent Zen Blade's attack cost are completely wrong. All 6 points of the stars in the touch the edge of the circle. On pretty much every Pokemon card in most eras, they're not supposed to do that at all. I'll post an example using the first LV. X card I could find in my collection after I finish explaining why both cards are counterfeits. Anyway, the damage font for Zen Blade is also incorrect. It should be bold like the attack name's font is, but on this counterfeit, it isn't. The "Put this card onto your Active Uxie." box also is in the wrong font, much like the descriptions for the Pok?-Power and the attack. There's also a typo in that box again, as it says "Poke-Power" and "Poke-Body" instead of "Pok?-Power" and "Pok?-Body". And the fonts for weakness, resistance, and retreat cost all also appear to be wrong, comparing it to the LV. X card I have in front of me. And the symbol used for the Psychic type for Uxie's weakness is incorrect as well. It should be a smaller version of the symbol on the top right corner of the card, not the abomination that is currently there. We also have another incorrect symbol in Uxie's retreat cost, as it's the same symbol that was used as Zen Blade's attack cost.

The star between the collector's number and the set symbol on all LV. X cards should be holo as well. And that set symbol looks kind of wonky as it doesn't look quite right to be the set symbol of Legends Awakened, like someone took the time to hand-draw a knock-off of the actual Legends Awakened set symbol. Oh, and going back up to the top of the card where it says "put onto Uxie", "put" should have a capital P there, and the text is in the wrong font anyway. Also, on second glance, even "Uxie", "HP 90", "Trade Off" and "Zen Blade" are in the wrong font. In fact, even the copyright text at the bottom looks like it's in the wrong font, as well as the collector's number. Actually, in summary, literally all of the text that wasn't part of a graphic already on the card (which basically just leaves "X" and LEVEL-UP as the only unaffected text) looks like it's in the wrong font. And the purple background used lacks some of the detail of the visual effects on the purple background that the actual card has.

Anyway, here's a scan of a real Uxie LV. X to compare it against:
Spoiler:

Now, onto Mesprit: So, first thing is that the silver border should be holo. the X in LV. X should also be holo. So should the area that LEVEL-UP is in. And same goes for the box that says that it can use the attacks and Powers of its previous Level. And, again, the star between the collector's number and the set symbol is supposed to be holo as well. All the text on the card looks like it's using the wrong font as was the case on Uxie LV. X, with the exception of the text that's built into an on-card graphic, like the "X" in LV. X, and the "LEVEL-UP" text. The picture again looks like it's printed from a scan of the actual card that someone took. The energy symbols are wrong - the empty attack cost for Healing Look shouldn't be a gray dot, it should be a indent that looks like the background of the card except darker. The other energy symbols used, such as in the attack cost for Supreme Blast, are again wrong. The only correct energy symbol on the card is the one used to denote Mesprit's type in the top right corner. Mesprit also has the "Poke" instead of "Pok?" typo in the "Put this card onto your Active Mesprit." box, as well as using "Pokemon" instead of "Pok?mon" in Healing Look's attack description. And the attack damage for Supreme Blast is yet again in the wrong font.

Here's a scan of a real Mesprit LV. X to compare against (ignore the Pok?Gym watermark; they had the best quality scan of Mesprit that I could find):

Spoiler:

Basically, the marks that indicate a counterfeit are nearly identical between the two cards. The only differences are:

- Mesprit's silver border is closer to the correct border, but is still wrong because it is not holo.
- Mesprit has "Put" correctly capitalized in the "Put onto Mesprit" text above the picture.

Again, just because you pulled them from packs, it does not mean they are legitimate cards. Counterfeit packs are rampant in many areas, especially in countries where the Pok?mon TCG doesn't receive an official release, and in countries where counterfeit goods in general are rampant, like Brazil, Vietnam, Thailand, and China, just as examples (hardly the only places where counterfeit goods are rampant; hell, you can wind up with counterfeit goods buying from flea markets, street vendors, and various dollar stores in the United States).

Anyway, while I'd like to dig out my own Uxie LV. X as an example, it's 1:10 AM where I am so I'm skipping searching for it for now and just posting a photo I have of a LV. X and a normal card from the era these two cards were released a further example of why your cards are counterfeits:

Spoiler:

TL;DR: They're counterfeits and the "pack" you bought was someone ripping you off and taking advantage of you and your brother not knowing better at the time.

Last edited:
Back