• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Script Help Thread (DO NOT REQUEST SCRIPTS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

colcolstyles

Yours truly
Years
The problem is that after the message, "Insert more text here lololol" appears, nothing happens. What should happen is that person #4 should start walking down, but I'm not sure why.

Looks like you're missing a 'waitmovement' after the second 'applymovement'. That would explain why the NPC isn't moving.

rokrdude

POKEMON : SINNOH QUEST CREATOR
Years
  • Seen Oct 2, 2016
1) Thanks but can u post for ruby as well as im hacking ruby
(tried to search on emerald basis in ruby but no luck)

In Emerald: go to Route 121 and use the warp there to enter the Safari Zone gatehouse (23.0). There should be one green square labeled 'S' inside which you should decompile. Search the document for 0x1F4 and replace any instance of it with your new value (remember to convert to hex!).

How do i wrap to a position there isnt any wrap command given in script of 3 persons in safari zone entrance

2) Instead of creating a different script,isn't there any method so that instead of birch giving
regional dex he gives national dex( I mean any specials like there is one in firered) in ruby game

If there is no other way can anyone tell me

Can i put the 4 lines
writebytetooffset 0x2 0x2026B00
writebytetooffset 0x3 0x2026B01
writebytetooffset 0xDA 0x2024EBE
writebytetooffset 0x67 0x2026A5A
just after the one flag for shoes(in moms script ) is set

The thing is if a edit the script and insert the 4 lines i dont get option to save
all i get is save as option which saves the script as rbc,rbh etc
How Im suppose to edit the script
pls help

Chicken Bones

Hacks 4 fun
Years
  • Seen Apr 29, 2010
Move player

Ok I'm trying to make a script where the player can move during it. (To be more precise where a sprite follows you). I am only one step away from success.

I can't let the player move until the end command. I have tried all manner of level scripts etc.

Here is a test. I wan't to be able to move during the script so for about 3 secs during the pauses. (Whole script)

Spoiler:

please tell me how to let the player move during execution.

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
Years
Ok I'm trying to make a script where the player can move during it. (To be more precise where a sprite follows you). I am only one step away from success.

I can't let the player move until the end command. I have tried all manner of level scripts etc.

Here is a test. I wan't to be able to move during the script so for about 3 secs during the pauses. (Whole script)

Spoiler:

please tell me how to let the player move during execution.

Do not ask the same thing in 2 threads, I should have answered this one, but I answered your question in the other thread.

Next time, only ask in THIS thread.

Years
  • Seen Jan 24, 2023
I am trying to make it so when you lose to your rival you don't white out but, when ever I lose it just makes me go back to the PC but, I want it to continue like in the normal game when you lose to your rival. Can anybody help me?

Spoiler:

Years
Do not ask the same thing in 2 threads, I should have answered this one, but I answered your question in the other thread.

Next time, only ask in THIS thread.

...Can you copy/paste it here, I don't know what the other thread is, and this seems pretty useful. Thanks.

I am trying to make it so when you lose to your rival you don't white out but, when ever I lose it just makes me go back to the PC but, I want it to continue like in the normal game when you lose to your rival. Can anybody help me?

Spoiler:

I'm not too good with scripting but two things stand out to me:
compare LASTRESULT 0x1
if 0x1 goto @start
if 0x0 goto @end
You can't do two ifs in a row,
just put the @end script below the first if.
There is nothing that heals your pokie-manz, so when you loose
your entire party is dead, so you white out anyway.

I checked the script for the first Gary battle in FR,
It adds a special0x0 in.
The offset of the script in fire red is 0x1692F3
There is lots of ifs that I assume deal with where he was standing and what pokemon he took.
Hope I helped.

Last edited:

Chicken Bones

Hacks 4 fun
Years
  • Seen Apr 29, 2010
Ur too late I replied in the other thread before I saw your reply in this one. but thanks. I thought it would be more likelyto get a reply. (See other thread for more detail)

Closed.

rokrdude

Years
  • Seen Oct 2, 2016
Unfortunately, no, there is no special or flag that activates the national pokedex in Ruby Version.
Instead of adding those 4 lines to another script, just make your own script, it isn't that hard, here I'll give you one to use.

Spoiler:

Yes, I know the lock/release aren't needed, but it is a good idea to include them in Every script you make aside from a level script that might not need it.

Now, to add this into your ROM is simple.
There are 2 ways of doing this, I'll tell you one, the other, you should read the guide that comes with XSE (If you are using it, if so, open XSE and press F2)

To insert this, open up XSE, and click "File" then click "Open"

Once you have the open file prompt opened up, switch the file type to GBA, and open your game up.
Your ROM is now loaded.
Now copy/paste the script I gave you into XSE, and hit the COMPILE button. (The button that kinda looks like 2 gears, it isn't that hard to miss...)

You should now see a new window pop-up, this is the compiler log.
At the bottom of it, in a spot called "Dynamic Offsets" it should show you a list of offsets, and a list of offset names.
(If you are working off of a clean ROM, you should see:

@start 800000
@exit 800025)

Now, click on @start, and hit the COPY button next to it.

At this point, you will want to open up A-Map, and go to Birch's lab (Where he gives you the Pokedex...)
You are going to want to switch to the "Events" tab, and increase the number of scripts by 1. (Unless the exit of his lab takes up more spots)

Move the script events that were added in front of the warp spots on the door.
Set both of their Var Num/ Unknown to 4050 and 0003 respectively.

In the "Script Offset" field, put in the offset that the compiler showed you.
No just move the script(s) on top of the "warp" tiles, aaaannnnddd...
Congrats, you have successfully inserted that script.
Now, after Birch gives you the Pokedex, just walk out of the lab and you will have the National Pokedex!

Remember, don't rely so much on other people's help, try to do things on your own, and I must insist...

READ THE GUIDE THAT COMES WITH XSE
Have a nice day.

Set both of their Var Num/ Unknown to 4050 and 0003 respectively

Sorry man can u tell me what i did wrong Its still regional dex.
Steps i followed after opening a map
1)increase no of events to 1 and save changes
2)change the value of offset var num & unknown(even tried changing both unknowns) didnt change var value of the script
3)make the position x y same as that of wrap point
save the changes

I didnt get what u meant by it maybe this is the mistake

capture5.png

Years
  • Seen Dec 6, 2010
Hello. Hate to be an annoyance, but I've hit a roadblock trying to figure out some of the codes and meshing them together to make simple events. I've been using PKSV (much friendlier to me) I've been getting an unexpected crash somewhere in the event, and I can't for the life of me figure it out where it's going bad.
Spoiler:

I didn't include the texts because that would just make the page bigger and it's really not important. Yes I'm a newbie, but I know at least a bit of what I'm doing ^^;

Years
Ur too late I replied in the other thread before I saw your reply in this one. but thanks. I thought it would be more likelyto get a reply. (See other thread for more detail)

Closed.
What thread are you talking about?

Hello. Hate to be an annoyance, but I've hit a roadblock trying to figure out some of the codes and meshing them together to make simple events. I've been using PKSV (much friendlier to me) I've been getting an unexpected crash somewhere in the event, and I can't for the life of me figure it out where it's going bad.
Spoiler:

I didn't include the texts because that would just make the page bigger and it's really not important. Yes I'm a newbie, but I know at least a bit of what I'm doing ^^;

Alright, I don't know much about movements in pksv, I had almost the exact same problem so I switched over to XSE. I can't see any problems, but I would recommend learning XSE, there are more tutorials for it, and movement scripts are easier...

.Tactic.

x.Paranoid's BackAlley.x
Years
Please can someone help me wiv dis script? It is for changing the OW? I dont know how to fix it..
Spoiler:

Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
Looks like you're missing a 'waitmovement' after the second 'applymovement'. That would explain why the NPC isn't moving.
Okay, thanks, it worked. But later I modified the first part of the script to this:
'---------------
#org 0x1E8091
lockall
call 0x81E80AD
releaseall
end

'---------------
#org 0x1E80AD
msgbox 0x81E8BB8 MSG_KEEPOPEN '"Insert text here lol."
closeonkeypress
movesprite 0x4 0xA 0xA
applymovement 0x4 0x81E80DF
waitmovement 0x4
msgbox 0x81E8C07 MSG_KEEPOPEN '"Insert more text here lololol"
closeonkeypress
pause 0x1E
applymovement 0x4 0x81E80EB
applymovement MOVE_PLAYER 0x81E80EB
waitmovement 0x0
return

Before I had waitmovement 0x4, but now I want it to apply to the player and person #4, so I looked at another script as a reference. If I tried putting 2 waitmovements (0x0 and 0x4), then it would glitch up.

Using the script above, if I click Compile and open up the script again, the last two lines get replaced with :
callstd 0x9
callstd 0x9

Now where did that come from?

colcolstyles

Yours truly
Years
Please can someone help me wiv dis script? It is for changing the OW? I dont know how to fix it..
Spoiler:

Not quite sure but could it have something to do with the fact that the two boldfaced halfwords are different?

rokrdude

Years
  • Seen Oct 2, 2016
Can anyone tell me what i did wrong for activating national dex in ruby?

#dynamic 0x800000

#org @start
lock
checkflag 0x801
if b_false goto @exit
release
end

#org @exit
release
end

Steps i followed after compiling the script and opening the map
2)change the value of offset var num & unknown and put the correct offset found(by compiling)

Saved the changes

TB Pro

Old-timer
Years
Can anyone tell me what i did wrong for activating national dex in ruby?

#dynamic 0x800000

#org @start
lock
checkflag 0x801
if b_false goto @exit
release
end

#org @exit
release
end

Steps i followed after compiling the script and opening the map
2)change the value of offset var num & unknown and put the correct offset found(by compiling)

Saved the changes
B_False? So you want the script to not be activated before you set the flag? Seems weird to me, so that may be your problem. You don't need lock or release either, I don't think.

rokrdude

Years
  • Seen Oct 2, 2016
B_False? So you want the script to not be activated before you set the flag? Seems weird to me, so that may be your problem. You don't need lock or release either, I don't think.

New script i used still not working
Having this problem for 2 weeks now .There is no thread for this problem(activating national dex in ruby which many people face)
Probably u can tell the mistake or post a video(I will be very grateful for that)

Spoiler:

This Script is taken from advance map if i open saved script with XSE

TB Pro

Old-timer
Years
New script i used still not working
Having this problem for 2 weeks now
Probably u can tell the mistake or post a video(I will be very grateful for that)

Spoiler:
if 0x1 goto @exit plz. Other than that, the routine may not work as specified.

rokrdude

Years
  • Seen Oct 2, 2016
oops sorry man i posted the wrong script

Spoiler:

Can u tell me is there any error in script allocating
78333084.png

I didnt get what u mean by this?
Other than that, the routine may not work as specified.

Years
How do I edit tile behaviors, like when you hit A while facing a computer, the tile has a behavior of 83 00, it says something along the lines of "It's got some complicated stuffs on it, if I touch it I might die, or delete my sprite and disappear! Better not touch it."?
How do you find the offset of the script that is executed?

rokrdude

Years
  • Seen Oct 2, 2016
Finally I have been able to activate national dex in ruby

but i have a problem
I have kept kanto starters
Before national dex was activated pokedex entry was zero

but after activating national dex entry shows 1 (right amount of pokemon)

But in the pokedex pictures column it still doesnt show the kanto starter i have or
Pokemon i capture from kanto or jonto
(allthough amount of pokemon seen and captured is shown correctly)

Is it normal??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back