• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y General Chat and Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 16, 2014
I have a feeling they've been working on this for a while. I may be wrong, but I always thought they were waiting for something big to release on 3DS.

blue

gucci
Years
They've probably been working on these games since 2010 when they got the Development Kit for the 3DS. B2W2 probably didn't take all too long with it being based in Unova once again so I'm pretty sure they've been in development for a couple of years at least if they're aiming for an October 2013 release.

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen today
Yeah, I liked the Braille as well. It was a puzzle that related to the Regis, required a little bit of mind work, and was much more satisfying to accomplish than just having the Legendary handed to you. Kind of like when the player spends hours hunting down a wandering Legendary, weakening them to the point of being able to catch them because you just don't want to use your Master Ball on them.

As for the starters, do you think they will have subtypes when they evolve
I'm hoping for at least Fennekin to be Fire/Psychic. The others I haven't really thought about. Just as long as they aren't common combinations.

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
They've probably been working on these games since 2010 when they got the Development Kit for the 3DS. B2W2 probably didn't take all too long with it being based in Unova once again so I'm pretty sure they've been in development for a couple of years at least if they're aiming for an October 2013 release.

Hm, if that's the case, should we have expected the creation of a Gen 6 pokemon game sooner? Were there primarily signs?

Well, this is just a whim, but what if Gen 6's plot is a kind-of sequel to a previous plot? I meaaaan, I just thought about Cyrus from Gen 4, and he mentions 'DNA' and how the Distortion World and the real world are related - one can't survive without the other. And then he goes on to say, 'ohhh I won't give up until the world is remade to my image' so, I dunno, I was just thinking Gen 6 could -possibly- be a plot based on that, so, perhaps that was a sign?

Something like that? :x Or I dunno, this could be something like, from a pokemon game released to the public timeline.

blue

gucci
Years
I hope Cyrus makes a re-appearance on that note, since only being in DPPT he kinda faded out of existence after HGSS.

droomph

weeb
Years
I doubt it would be, there would be a lot of people who will buy this game who would not have played a Sinnoh game.

I didn't understand RSE's plot when I first played it, lots of those people are little kids like I was and couldn't care less about the plot.

Hell, I only even used the starter the first eight or so playthroughs of Pokémon. Of course this is bad, because every other Pokémon was like Lv 5 and my starter was Lv 80, but that shows how little that the main "confused" audience cares about "plot coherence" and all that. All I knew was that "YAY TEAM ROCKET! DIE DIE DIE BAD GUYS!"

Heck, we even called knocking out "dying" for a long time.

I hope Cyrus makes a re-appearance on that note, since only being in DPPT he kinda faded out of existence after HGSS.

neither did 90% of the previous bad guys :p

Naxyr

Pronounced Nazear...
Years
I'm hoping the story will feel more like a true RPG story, rather than a little kid one. BW had the best story in the main Pokemon as of now and B2W2 was a total wreck in story, despite it being a sequal. Maybe it's just the dialog, but meh.

droomph

weeb
Years
I'm hoping the story will feel more like a true RPG story, rather than a little kid one. BW had the best story in the main Pokemon as of now and B2W2 was a total wreck in story, despite it being a sequal. Maybe it's just the dialog, but meh.
How was BW2 a wreck? I thought it was pretty nice, albeit a bit short.

I think die-hard fan aside, this new game will have a new feel to it, like all of them have. It'll take a while to get used to, but when we do, it'll be just as good.

Years
  • Seen Feb 28, 2013
i for one am happy they didn't have a Hoenn remake because now that they have a 6th gen and if a R / S remake comes out it wil have 6th gen pokemon probally in it wich makes me happy

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
At first I thought that Gen 6's region might of been an updated region from Hoenn, but, yeah I'm pretty glad that we've gotten completely fresh and new, rather than a remake.

blue

gucci
Years
I'm uncertain whether they will ever remake Ruby & Sapphire, with the release of B2W2 and now X & Y it makes me wonder where they could fit in? Not in terms of timeline but release, maybe in 2014 after X & Y have been out for a few months but idkkk ;;

Naxyr

Pronounced Nazear...
Years
How was BW2 a wreck? I thought it was pretty nice, albeit a bit short.

I think die-hard fan aside, this new game will have a new feel to it, like all of them have. It'll take a while to get used to, but when we do, it'll be just as good.

Well, the story was good, but the dialogue was crap and made me feel like the story wasn't as great as BW1. And the events in the game just didn't flow well.

I am looking forward to seeing what X and Y have in story though, especially since 3D is now FULLY incorporated within the franchise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back