• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Roleplay Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
Noob question: how do I join a role-play?

I'm looking for something where I get to be a Pokémon (Cubone), but not Mystery Dungeon-esque. There should be humans in it.

Any suggestions?
Welcome to the RPC, Katsunori!

You can read the rules thread to get to know the most important stuff before RPing here. Then, you can check the RP Library to see what different kinds of RPs are active.

To join a RP, you must first find one that has spots open. Most often, the first post in the OOC (out of character) thread announces whether or not that is the case. If you are unsure, you can just VM the GM (game master) or post in the thread and ask.

Then, you'll have to find the SU sheet (sign up) which should be in the first post of either the OOC or the corresponding IC (in character) thread. Fill it out, post it in the OOC and wait for the GM to approve you. Then you should be ready to start playing! Usually this doesn't take long time at all.

I'm not sure there are any RPs atm that lets you be a pokémon in a world where humans also exist. Maybe Earth & Sky or Foreshadows of Hoenn would be of interest to you!

Crunch Punch

fire > ice
Years
Noob question: how do I join a role-play?

I'm looking for something where I get to be a Pokémon (Cubone), but not Mystery Dungeon-esque. There should be humans in it.

Any suggestions?

Just click on the Roleplay Lounge (there should be a easy-to-see link in the Roleplay Corner), click through the OOC (Out-of-Character) threads and after seeing one which interests you and has spaces still open, post a SU (Sign-up) according to the RP as a reply. Simples ^^

Although, I'm not sure if there are RPs out right now which fit your needs. You can still have a look through though.

Years
Hello Katsunori, as the others have said welcome to the Role Playing Corner. I'm not going to tell you how to join or anything because Scyke and Red's have already hit the nail right on the head. As for the kind of RP you are looking for I highly recommend Foreshadows of Hoenn. It allows for what you are asking and has an incredible plot and good GMs. PTA has on occasion allowed people to RP as pokemon rather than human characters but I think if you are looking to play a Cubone Foreshadows is a good place to start. I do recommend joining PTA as a human also, it is an excellent RP for developing one's skills and tends to be the go-to for new RPers.

SylveonStar

Sylveon
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 15, 2017
Hey guys, I'll be gone on Friday all day. (Going to an amusement Park....Kings Island if anyone's heard of it. The park is like three hours from where I live)

Also...I made a sprite for each of my characters (See my signature) if anyone wants me to make them one I will just pm or vm me and I'll be glad to do it.

Geras

Roleplayer
Years
Also...I made a sprite for each of my characters (See my signature) if anyone wants me to make them one I will just pm or vm me and I'll be glad to do it.

Have fun, but when you said you made a sprite for each character I wasn't expecting it to be the same sprite for every character. Is that a slip-up or how it's supposed to be? (That aside, it's a good sprite)

Last edited:

SylveonStar

Sylveon
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 15, 2017
When I'm on my computer it shows the ten different sprites like it's supposed to...but for some reason on my ipod it only shows one over and over. Don't know whats up with that...but I'm to tired to put much thought into it.

jov0006

Beygimon! Gotta let it rip!
Years

Any suggestions?

There is my own role-play (check my signature) which features a war between three sides, humans, Pokemon, and a minority third party.

When I'm on my computer it shows the ten different sprites like it's supposed to...but for some reason on my ipod it only shows one over and over. Don't know whats up with that...but I'm too tired to put much thought into it.

I'm on my computer and it shows the same sprites. :t272:

Last edited:
Years
Okay guys, I figure that I may as well get this over and done with. I have several RP ideas that I am currently working with and I'd like to get your opinions on these ideas and find out which of them you'd prefer to see as an RP in the near future.

Darker Than Black RP
Spoiler:

Fantasy RP
Spoiler:

Jurassic Park RP
Spoiler:

Well those are brief summaries of these ideas - if you need more information before commenting on any of these feel free to PM or VM me :)

Lt. Col. Fantastic

The Arianator
Years
Okay guys, I figure that I may as well get this over and done with. I have several RP ideas that I am currently working with and I'd like to get your opinions on these ideas and find out which of them you'd prefer to see as an RP in the near future.

Darker Than Black RP
Spoiler:

Well those are brief summaries of these ideas - if you need more information before commenting on any of these feel free to PM or VM me :)

I really like the Darker than Black RP

But...are the contractors like hitmen? Or is it supposed to reference a certain type of gun/hand weapon?

Years
ah right! I should probably have clarified exactly what Contractors are - although you aren't far off on the hit men thing. There's a link below explaining it all.

Contractors

On that note - disregard the part about "emotionless" because really that is untrue and if it was required would kill the RP.

Lt. Col. Fantastic

The Arianator
Years
ah right! I should probably have clarified exactly what Contractors are - although you aren't far off on the hit men thing. There's a link below explaining it all.

Contractors

On that note - disregard the part about "emotionless" because really that is untrue and if it was required would kill the RP.

Ah, I see! Could we also play as a contractor, or do we have to be a part of one of the factions? Or are the contractors themselves parts of each faction?

Years
The contractors themselves work in the service of these factions but most are doing so because it benefits them in some way, shape or form.

jov0006

Beygimon! Gotta let it rip!
Years
Darker than Black RP, I'm in! Also ~Genevieve~ you have this no direct linking thing popping up in your sig now.

Also, I was wondering how one makes text appear when hovering over an image, but does not create a link at the same time?

Last edited:

SylveonStar

Sylveon
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 15, 2017
I fixed it. The only thing now is that if your using a dark pc skin then the pics in my signature have a white background.

jov0006: PM me and I can tell you how to do that.

gimmepie: Sounds very interesting...if only I didn't have so many characters.

Crunch Punch

fire > ice
Years
Who would be interested in an Animal Crossing RP or a AC and Pokémon Crossover RP?

Wait, did I just read that right? An Assassin's Creed and Pokemon CROSSOVER?! THAT WOULD BE EP-

..oh wait, Animal Crossing. Right. Sorry, this was actually how my thought process went when I read that aha.

EDIT: That just gave me an idea - who would be up for a kick-ass Assassin's Creed RP? Only just thought of it, but maybe it could be based around six-eight subjects in the Animus held by that modern Templar group, an it would be a bit like the games when most of the time is spent on the Animus, the other is spent planning an escape route out? Or would it be better if all the time was spent being a badass Assassin in an age I haven't thought of yet? Thoughts please.

Last edited:

Lt. Col. Fantastic

The Arianator
Years
Wait, did I just read that right? An Assassin's Creed and Pokemon CROSSOVER?! THAT WOULD BE EP-

..oh wait, Animal Crossing. Right. Sorry, this was actually how my thought process went when I read that aha.

EDIT: That just gave me an idea - who would be up for a kick-ass Assassin's Creed RP? Only just thought of it, but maybe it could be based around six-eight subjects in the Animus held by that modern Templar group, an it would be a bit like the games when most of the time is spent on the Animus, the other is spent planning an escape route out? Or would it be better if all the time was spent being a badass Assassin in an age I haven't thought of yet? Thoughts please.

Only if it happens during the Aztec Empire

Colony

Poe and Palahniuk's Prodige
Years
Assassin's Creed would be cool. The Victorian era could be implemented. it would give that dark, mature feel that AC could thrive in.

Posted from Pokecommunity.com App for Android

MichaelaTheUchiha

Forever Shawol and Aileean
Years
(embraces all of you)

PC FINALLY WORKS FOR ME. FINALLY.

It's been, what, a few months? Half a year?

Reason for long hiatus that Nakuzami should have told you all about: I couldn't get access to PC at all for these last few months and I have tried weekly. It almost didn't work again today, but then I tried multiple times and I could finally log in!

I LOVE AND I HAVE MISSED ALL OF YOU! <3

Will any of the RPs that I was in before my not-my-choice-hiatus take me back?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back