• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

First rule of Fight Club: Don't talk about Fight Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Last time I tried to play a fan-translated BW and it was only translated up to before the first gym and I didn't know what to do and didn't enjoy it.

SO I'LL WAIT FOR ENGLISH THANKS

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
@Jellicent What I'm thinking.
I'm avoiding news about these games until I can get my hands on them or untill they give an official US release date on them.
Why haven't they did that yet? I need my release dates Nintendo!

Years
:'D

Gosh, just think about when the videos come out, and ALL of the official music, etc etc. Dang, the section is gonna explode. xD

But I am upset it takes a while for the translations to be done for the USA. :c Why can't they all have a magic button that translates it to every language in a matter of hours, ship them out to other countries, and be done with it? :c

/makes a tool where it all runs through Google Translate.

That would certainly be useful. However, I would rather them keep it back so there isn't any 'missed' translations, like Toujours said.​

droomph

weeb
Years
Yeah, I can translate every sentence fairly easily with Densho Jisho...what's takingggg them so lonngggggg

So yeah.

I guess it's hard to translate? That's a sad reality.

@Toujours What you said.

Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2015
And the have to make up English names for Pokemon and other characters, moves, items, etc, all that cant be easy at all.

Years
Yeh, it is true. There is a lot of text and, as I said, I don't mind them taking a long time because we really do need to understand the text... unlike...
all_your_base.jpg

Mr. X

It's... kinda effective?
Years
Rom leaked already?

Holy crap. Must find.

I'm going to love seeing some of the fan (mis)translations of it. I'm still laughing over a couple of (mis)translated sentences from BW.

And on that, I'm also going to love putting down some of the translations too.

Last edited:

droomph

weeb
Years
Dammit

I don't think I'll really be interested with dealing with DS ROMs anymore. Those are annoying, and I doubt my Mac can handle anything more than Diamond or Pearl.

Mr. X

It's... kinda effective?
Years
The freezes are just the AP. Someone cracked the basic AP (No-xp) but the freezes are still a problem. I heard that someone has managed to crack the ap that causes the freezes too, although he's yet to release the hex changes needed. (Proably still testing them)

I wouldn't worry about it. With how popular this game is, the AP will be fully cracked in a few days.

As for incompability, if your using No$ then its no suprise. That emulator was last updated... a half a decade ago? Close to that. Personally, I'm surprised its still used. The game runs a lot better on flashcarts though, so I'll be trying the game after I update mine.

Edit - AP patch

Spoiler:

You'll have to apply this manually.

Edit 2

Speaking of translations, one is (already) in the works.

Last edited:
Years
Yep, the AP is pretty much the cause for the freezes. But it seems to be getting more and more complex per new DS game. It's actually taking 2 days to crack a popular game? XDD

Mr. X

It's... kinda effective?
Years
Complex?

Haha.

From what I've heard, all that this AP is was just transfering over the Ap from BW. Given that it got cracked day 1, I'm willing to bet that this is true.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
No regrets, CWP. No regrets.

I Googled "no regrets" and this came up:

pokmon-no-regrets.jpg

droomph

weeb
Years
"00 00 9F E5" appears quite often in the anti-piracy code for BW1. Is that ARM for "CURSE YOU...YOU HAVE BEATEN MEEEEEE"? ldr r15, r0, #0x0

yeah. i'm sure nintendo really cares.

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2018
[SIZE="a"]I'm trying to get a job as I type this.

It isn't as hot as I thought it would be.[/SIZE]

droomph

weeb
Years
And I'm in a room alone and depressed and hopped up on Prozac on PC as I'm typing this.

I should get a life.

And please do tell us how your job thing goes! An interview, I assume?

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2018
[SIZE="a"]
And I'm in a room alone and depressed and hopped up on Prozac on PC as I'm typing this.

I should get a life.

And please do tell us how your job thing goes! An interview, I assume?

It's the job fair thingy where people wait in line in hopes of getting hired.[/SIZE]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back