• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grinner

Smiley Face
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Aug 27, 2009
Could someone advise me on a small ruby scripting question?

I have been setting up a scean in a trial hack where your pokemon are stolen half way through the game (disabeling the Pokemon menu ext.) and have set up so that you can be given a pokemon from another trainer, however i was hopeing to find a way to remove the pokemon at the end of the scean. So far i have been unable to find any commands to do this and as its not done in the games i dont know if its even possable.

I have been scripting with XSE so if someone knows how to do it that way then i would be gratefull but i could always learn to do it in Hex.

Thanks for your time

?foʀeveʀFTW¿

The Cloaked Schemer
Years
forgot the other quetion i asked before

is there a program that you can download that can Add New Pokemon (4th Generation, for example) to 3rd Generation games? Im using YAPE and AdvancedStarter to get new starter evolutions (Magby, Magmar, Magmatoar)(Elekid, Electabuzz, Electivire)(Snorunt, Glalie, Frolass).

I got the starter part down, but i need to get the DP Pokemon in the FR ROM

anybody help?

+Sneasel™

It's a meeee, itman!
Years
forgot the other quetion i asked before

is there a program that you can download that can Add New Pokemon (4th Generation, for example) to 3rd Generation games? Im using YAPE and AdvancedStarter to get new starter evolutions (Magby, Magmar, Magmatoar)(Elekid, Electabuzz, Electivire)(Snorunt, Glalie, Frolass).

I got the starter part down, but i need to get the DP Pokemon in the FR ROM

anybody help?

Well, to import the actual sprite, use UNLZ gba, which can be downloaded at WAH, and its in the elite map package. Once in UNLZ, find the pokemon sprites (not sure what the numbers are, just go to 1000 and go from there, 1000 is definetly a pokemon). Also, make sure the sprite is indexed + the backsprite is shiny.

Grinner

Smiley Face
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Aug 27, 2009
They are diffrent stages of release of any software or product, Alpha then Beta and i assume Gamma untill a stable version is made.

there is a Wiki artical on this i think, but i cant post URLs yet

Years
  • Seen Aug 31, 2008
This is sadly continuing on with my previous problem.

Using unLZ got the image to work just fine, when write a squirtle with a horn into the ROM itself it worked like a piece of cake.

However, when I use MS Paint, and use the droplet tool to grab the same colors to add different features, that's when things get sketchy.

So I'm using the same colors as I was before, no more than 16, and not using pure Black, only the colors on the palette that shows on the Pokemon itself. Once imported into the game it still has that glitchy gunk at the very bottom of it and I don't even know where to begin to get rid of it.

It's rather annoying, the PokeMon looks great, but with that gunk underneath it, it looks like a fusion between a Pokemon and a MissingNo.

?foʀeveʀFTW¿

The Cloaked Schemer
Years
Well, to import the actual sprite, use UNLZ gba, which can be downloaded at WAH, and its in the elite map package. Once in UNLZ, find the pokemon sprites (not sure what the numbers are, just go to 1000 and go from there, 1000 is definetly a pokemon). Also, make sure the sprite is indexed + the backsprite is shiny.
I already got the UNLZ, but, i didnt understand your answer

im looking for D/P Pokemon Sprites and i already know the shiny, and all that

the D/P sprites arent on the UNLZ GBA

unless I find the Palletes for the pokemon i need, its sorta impossible to do it from UNLZ GBA

+Sneasel™

It's a meeee, itman!
Years
Could someone please explain what the difference is between an alpha, a beta and a gamma release of a hack?

I already got the UNLZ, but, i didnt understand your answer

im looking for D/P Pokemon Sprites and i already know the shiny, and all that

the D/P sprites arent on the UNLZ GBA

unless I find the Palletes for the pokemon i need, its sorta impossible to do it from UNLZ GBA

Nah, just search for an offset using FSF, and you don't need to change the pallete at all.

SpartanPatriot

It was fun....goodbye.
Years
Can somebody please help me with changing the starting screen pokemon in Fire Red? I am rying to change it from Charizard to Larvitar. I am also trying to change Oak to Wattson but I cannot. Please help! PM me!

?foʀeveʀFTW¿

The Cloaked Schemer
Years
Nah, just search for an offset using FSF, and you don't need to change the pallete at all.

can you be a litlle more specific?

SpartanPatriot said:
Can somebody please help me with changing the starting screen pokemon in Fire Red? I am rying to change it from Charizard to Larvitar. I am also trying to change Oak to Wattson but I cannot. Please help! PM me!

Im having the same problem, man.

Years
  • Seen Sep 1, 2008
Question pertaining to moves

Basically, I have a thoroughly modified fire red ROM that is not accepted by the Attack editor that does work on normal ROMS, and I wish to edit the attributes of one of the attacks used in that ROM. All I've got to find the attack are it's current charasteristics:

Type: Dark
Accurracy: 0 according to table
Power: 0 (definately sure of this)
Effect: 'Increases own attack 1 stage.'

Basically, it's 'howl' with normal changed to dark. So anything else would probably be the same values that 'howl' had. How do I look for this move?

My first question is: How do I find this in a hex editor (I know how the thing works, already changed some base stats since those are just there non-encoded, but here there's a coding to figure out) ?

I.e. what is the exact format in which you can find attacks in FR (japanese version), as the format used in DP did not give me any search results / very many search results in what did not appear to be the section used for attacks (since you'd see certain values every 16 spaces periodically if it was).

And then when I've found it, I'd like to change '1 stage' into '2 stages' (and the PP accordingly, thought it was 25 instead of 40 or smth.). anyway, what would help would be a table with the default format in FR, and tables for the hexadecimal values used for the attack type (for example 04 being strike & burn effect in DP) and so on. I've been looking for a couple hours on the internet for these things, but don't seem to find anything helpful.
Any tips?

?foʀeveʀFTW¿

The Cloaked Schemer
Years
eep.

another problem here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UvEf1fvx_Xw

i watched D-Trough's video, and I followed all directions perfectly right. However, now when I bring up my VBA FireRed, Its only all white....somebody help?

sorry for the DP

but can anybody help me with the question above using Team Viewer?

that would be the easiest thing for me rite now ;D

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back