The PokéCommunity Forums Create & Discover PokéCommunity Daily
Proposal Pokemon Crystal articles

PokéCommunity Daily The article workshop for PokéCommunity Daily. Pitch your ideas for PC Daily articles here.

Old January 3rd, 2018 (5:38 AM).
Which is which?

Nature: Jolly
On the 26th of Jan Crystal comes out on the VC. We need to hence plan articles for it!

Imo:
- An article about what's new in Crystal compared to GS. Pokemon selection (additions and exclusions - no Mareep line!), the Eusine subplot, Odd Eggs, the Battle Tower, also now the inclusion of Celebi, etc. I can do this but fine with sharing.
- Johto plot analysis article. Already written and edited, just needs cover image and stylising into longform finally. I'll see what I can do.
- Update to the GS shiny guide article. https://daily.pokecommunity.com/2017/09/21/generation-2-shiny-guide/ Namely the Odd Egg + duplicate glitch = nigh all the baby Pokemon as shiny, and this also aids breeding from them.
--- Update to the general GS guide article as well I suppose!
- Article saying when it's released (why not).

Anything else?

Some quote notifications:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever
beep
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirBoglor
I realise you're off but as you wrote the GS Shiny guide you should know of plans to update it

Relevant Advertising!

Old January 3rd, 2018 (8:30 PM).

All I can really think to contribute is a nostalgia-based story article. Crystal was my first-ever video game, so it's really important to me. Maybe something about how I got introduced to Crystal, and the lasting impact it's had on me?

Old January 4th, 2018 (3:38 PM). Edited January 4th, 2018 by Unown Seer.
Earnest

I'd like to write an article about how the GS Ball was distributed in Japan, because that is very obscure knowledge that isn't properly documented in English. It wasn't as simple as downloading data and getting the nurse to show up.

In fact, that could just be the main section of an article explaining the Mobile Adapter features.
    Old January 4th, 2018 (5:10 PM).
    Which is which?

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Rivvon View Post
    All I can really think to contribute is a nostalgia-based story article. Crystal was my first-ever video game, so it's really important to me. Maybe something about how I got introduced to Crystal, and the lasting impact it's had on me?
    I think that'd be a good article to read, and probably fun for you to write as well. If you're up for it, go for it!
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Hiroshi Sotomura View Post
    <p>"How to get Celebi" will be a popular search topic so it would probably be worth spanning into its own separate article.</p>
    Good thinking there. We should have one set up to be release right on or just before release.
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Unown Seer View Post
    I'd like to write an article about how the GS Ball was distributed in Japan, because that is very obscure knowledge that isn't properly documented in English. It wasn't as simple as downloading data and getting the nurse to show up.

In fact, that could just be the main section of an article explaining the Mobile Adapter features.
    I'll be the second +1 for your article too - also a good idea imo and would be interesting to read about as well. I'll set up a thread for you in the subsection for drafting at your leisure. :)
    Old January 4th, 2018 (5:53 PM).

May not be a long article, but Crystal did introduce a lot of new features into the series that still exist to this day. Maybe a quick article on describing those features? (gender choice, area changes displayed on screen, animated sprites, etc)
    Old January 4th, 2018 (6:00 PM). Edited January 4th, 2018 by Unown Seer.
    Earnest

Gender and area display are rather self-explanatory. Maybe someone feels like comparing the different Battle Towers and their more recent counterparts? A study of animated sprites could also work.
      Old January 5th, 2018 (5:49 PM).
      Which is which?

Quote:
      Originally Posted by Tsutarja View Post
      May not be a long article, but Crystal did introduce a lot of new features into the series that still exist to this day. Maybe a quick article on describing those features? (gender choice, area changes displayed on screen, animated sprites, etc)
      Already going to have something along those lines (in the first post just with more focus on how it affects gaming experience compared to GS and not necessary just features), and more about what Crystal brings specifically to GS (which does include those you named).
      Quote:
      Originally Posted by Unown Seer View Post
      Gender and area display are rather self-explanatory. Maybe someone feels like comparing the different Battle Towers and their more recent counterparts? A study of animated sprites could also work.
      Those may fit a different article better, especially as I don't know much about spriting and so can't really discuss how that's evolved throughout the generations in much detail. Open to either one but may need more discussion first on what would be written about.
      Old January 12th, 2018 (4:23 AM). Edited January 13th, 2018 by Unown Seer.
      Earnest

Quote:
        Originally Posted by Hiroshi Sotomura View Post
        Sounds cool, Unown Seer? Your insight into the GS Ball may be quite helpful.
        Cooperation is always cool. Have you seen this thread by Hacky?

Meowth346's old website, Pokemon Forever, had notes on the Mobile Stadium and even the Card Folder. A Japanese website compiled the News Machine entries for the last seven months of the service, so it would be useful if someone could translate the more interesting tidbits (I understand the gist using Google Translate). And then there's another website which explained the specifics of the GS Ball distribution, which were tied to the News Machine. That one I had translated years ago.

Quick Reply