• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Competitive] Team not valid for ranked!

Gia

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Mar 2, 2021
Hello everyone!

I am back to Pokemon games (started as a kid with Red, then Yellow, Gold and a bit of Black) with Shield.
I just finished the main story and the 2 DLCs. Now I am ready to go online.
I tried a few friendly battles without problems, but once I try to go to the ranked ones it tells me my team is not valid.

-Lucario
-Incineroar NOT VALID
-Primarina NOT VALID
-Lunala NOT VALID
-Vileplume
-Zekrom

I understand I can get only one legendary (Lunala or Zekrom) right?
But I still can't get why I cannot have nor Incineroar nor Primarina

Please help!

Thank you

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
Ranked battles in SwSh have a bunch of little rules regarding what Pokemon and things are allowed, and they change every so often. You can see a list of rules for each season here: https://serebii.net/swordshield/rankedbattle.shtml (click on the one that is for the current time period/season)

If I had to hazard a guess as to why Incineroar and Primarina are not allowed, you probably transferred them from the last generation, and most Pokemon not born in Galar are not allowed to be used in ranked battles until they have some thing done to them at the Battle Tower.

Gia

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Mar 2, 2021
OMG Thank you so much!!! This was the problem. I traded those pokemon on Home and they were coming from Alola in fact. So I solved the problem after talking to the guy at the Battle Tower and changing some of their moves (not allowed in ranked battles)

Back