• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Today I learned...

Years
Post what you learn each day! Let's keep motivated!

Don't dunk on me but I did not know Saudi Arabia was a kingdom, I thought they had like a president or some shit. Please help, I feel like a moron.

Years
This is a great thread to dump some of my knawledge

TIL that "orz" is actually a symbol forming a person with their head on the ground. I think it's of Japanese origins and is usually used to represent shock, depression, or the need to apologize.

Couple people were using it in discord so I had to figure out what it meant lol.

User19sq

Spoiler:

But like the user above me, I learned that o7 was someone affirmatively saluting.

Setsuna

♡ Setsuna Scarlet Storm!!
Years
This is a great thread to dump some of my knawledge

TIL that "orz" is actually a symbol forming a person with their head on the ground. I think it's of Japanese origins and is usually used to represent shock, depression, or the need to apologize.

Couple people were using it in discord so I had to figure out what it meant lol.

While I don't know if it's the exact same thing, you may be thinking of Dogeza. It's the term for how people in Japanese culture kneel and bow to apologize or ask a favour.
I've never seen "orz" written out in text but I have seen "OTL" which is for something similar, just someone bowing on one knee.

As for what I've learned, I don't really know what to put, but apparently "orz" is used by people and that's something I was unaware of? So hey. There's that.

Bug

[b][color=white][font=Luminari]can't talk. i'm shi
Years
Today I learned that the peak of radio popularity was only about 10-15 years before the television was invented.

Years
Nice to see this thread being resurrected.

Anyway, today I learned that the spaceport Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan visit on Tatooine in Star Wars Episode I is not called Mos Eisley, but it's called Mos Espa. I thought it was Mos Eisley for about 20 years until today.

Noblejanobii

The Maddest Shaymin
Years
Three of the continents in Pokémon Super Mystery Dungeon are based off the maps from previous games. The Air Continent is based on PMD Red and Blue Rescue Team's map, the Grass Continent is based on PMD Explorers of TDS's map, and the Mist Continent is based on PMD Gates to Infinity's map. The game is already full of homages to the previous games so this was a neat discovery of yet another homage.

Years
Messenger actually has a dedicated desktop app/program thing. i'm giving it a try right now and seeing if it's a solution to fix the ultimate lag fest that it their browser site

AlolanRattata

The Music Meister
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Sep 15, 2022
Latvia elected a political scientist President last year. That means there is hope for me.

Years
Today I learned what the practice of beekeeping was like in the middle ages.

I also was recently made better aware of the distinctions between an inn, ale house and tavern.

Years
TIL about Premiere Pro's Captions feature and how you can easily make subtitles for videos with it. this would've reaally streamlined college projects back in the day had i discovered it then. should've paid more attention to tutorials when i first got into video editing damn it.

Back