• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anime/Manga Adaptations

Years
How do you feel about live action adaptations of anime and manga source material? All good? All bad? A bit of both? Why?

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
I'm fine with Live Action adaptions, as long as they're not whitewashed garbage like Ghost and the Shell and Death Note Netflix. Both of those were pretty bad. But, tbh, I've never been bothered by it.

Years
I typically don't watch them much, but one I really did like was Boys Over Flowers/Hana Yori Dango's live action adaption. Never even saw the original series lol so maybe I don't have much to compare it to, but it kept my attention very well the entire time.

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen May 23, 2023
Oh god I only have watched 1 which was the Death Note live action! It was... interesting. I feel like it was super rushed given they condensed the series into a short film + why was it white washed like that :( I don't know I can see what they were going for, it just wasn't very good? I'm sure there are some great live action adaptations out there though so I'll keep an open mind and try to watch one if I've already seen the anime :D

Lordecoxinha

English might falter
Years
Ngl, I actually liked the Mob Psycho 100 live action.

Maybe because it was made in Japan with a Japanese cast. Hear that, Netflix?

Back