• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anime/Manga Higurashi Gou

Years
Granted, the ongoing status isn't going to hold true for long since there's only a few episodes left. Are any of you watching this?

I went into it very cautiously and concerned it was going to be a phoned-in remake. Then it turned out it was a sequel and, in fact, still really damn good. So I was pleasantly surprised. It's pulled some crazy shit and punched me in the feels repeatedly (as Higurashi does) and I've ended up loving every moment of it. What are your thoughts?

Please be mindful of spoilers when posting!

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 31, 2022
Not to mention we didn't have a timeline until a few years ago which completely threw everything out of whack and suddenly had a 20 year old character that was supposed to be 30. I never had a chance to do a 100% reset until I stopped rping.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
I wanted to love Gou, I really did, but they falsely advertised it as a reboot when it was actually a sequel to the original, which annoyed me. I liked it up until the end. I might rewatch the arc where Rika and Satoko went to that private school, though, because I need to re-analyze that particular arc, tbh.

Years
I wanted to love Gou, I really did, but they falsely advertised it as a reboot when it was actually a sequel to the original, which annoyed me. I liked it up until the end. I might rewatch the arc where Rika and Satoko went to that private school, though, because I need to re-analyze that particular arc, tbh.

Honestly, I was much happier discovering it was a sequel than when I thought I was going into a remake. The last few episodes did go a little off the rails though. I get why they presented things the way they did, but I don't think they had to do it that way. Still liked it a lot over all. I liked it as a thematic reverse to the coin of the original.

Back