• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Game Idea] (New idea)Pokémon Nemesis

Years
  • Age 19
  • Seen Jun 11, 2021
I have this rom hack idea...this idea for a rom hack ...for emerald maybe. So we've all heard of the Nemesis system that was in that Middle earth shadow of war game that warner bros patented (if you haven't, check this).
And we know of games like dwarf fotress and rimworld that add personality to people in the game, ...
Well I was thinking of making a Pokémon rom hack that generates a random set of fixed trainers (from a database of the trainers in all the previous pokemon games,e.g Youngster Jimmy I think?).

The trainers move when you don't see them so their always at different places. The gym leaders and trainers level up as you level up, other people beat gyms, battles on routes aren't forced unless the trainer is "pushy", it's easier to lose to people and there's a less harsh penalty for losing, the team rocket grunts that beat you get promoted and other people can take on team rocket.
I plan to just change the system, but keep all sprites, world and most story the same.

What do ya think?

Back