• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Challenge Ideas & Discussion

Do you feel more people should get into Nuzlockes?

• Yes

Votes: 7 36.8%
  • No

Votes: 12 63.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
Years
I should really get around to making a list for that challenge, but only use it for future reference. I'd only really use it for if I want to start my Black game again, and actually do the challenge. My only problem would be using lots of non-Unova Pokemon, which is probably the biggest set back to be doing it. I'd actually consider doing it though. :)

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Could just do the Unova-only version of it. I made that one so that people that can't trade and transfer and such (or just preferred this entirely) had a way to do the challenge. If I did THAT version though, I would probably have a full NFE team.

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
Years
I have the ability to trade and everything, I just don't want to stick with just Unova Pokemon. I could probably alter it so that a few Unova Pokemon are in my favourites so I have a higher chance to get more Unova Pokemon.

myrrhman

Challenge God
Years
I have the ability to trade and everything, I just don't want to stick with just Unova Pokemon. I could probably alter it so that a few Unova Pokemon are in my favourites so I have a higher chance to get more Unova Pokemon.
But then that's lying about your challenge. If they're not actually your favorites, then you shouldn't have them on the list, right?

sh0kk

me
Years
  • Seen Sep 12, 2023
I like the gym leader one that Charmageddon had...and the shinies only XD. The shiny one would take a million years though, unless you were really lucky, really should just hunt for shinies in platinum or something.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
But then that's lying about your challenge. If they're not actually your favorites, then you shouldn't have them on the list, right?

Essentially this. I had a lot of Unova Pokemon on my list, but I ended up with a full team of non-Unova Pokemon. You really just can't control it.

I like the gym leader one that Charmageddon had...and the shinies only XD. The shiny one would take a million years though, unless you were really lucky, really should just hunt for shinies in platinum or something.

I have a friend that's actually SRing for a shiny at every chance possible in SoulSilver, and...yeah, that's a lot to SR for. She's even SRing for shiny roamers.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years

Essentially this. I had a lot of Unova Pokemon on my list, but I ended up with a full team of non-Unova Pokemon. You really just can't control it.

I have a friend that's actually SRing for a shiny at every chance possible in SoulSilver, and...yeah, that's a lot to SR for. She's even SRing for shiny roamers.

myrrhman

Challenge God
Years

Can't you just wait til they're on your route and then SR for them? That doesn't sound any worse than any of the other Pokemon you can find, and with Repels and such, it actually sounds a little easier...

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
Years
I remember when I tried SRing for a shiny. It was back in Pearl, and it was a Rotom. I was trying to SR it for 10 minutes and gave up. I have no patience with these things whatsoever. :P

Years
I blame the lazy Karpman for the inactivity here. Anyhow, I've been working on my Sapphire Nuzlocke and will probably post an update or a blog entry with my progress (depends on whether I want +1 post count or not). Also, Electrike should totally evolve at Level 24, it makes much more sense than 26 or whenever he evolves u__u

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
Years
I think I've got four challenges myself going on. My Emerald Nuzlocke, which is postponed ever since March, Ruby Solo, which is in the same boat as Nuzlocke, Body challenge, which has also been postponed, and now the favourites challenge, which I will finish, in due time. :)

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I've got the Hall of Fame challenge, Favorite challenge, Save the Pokemon on Ruby and Colosseum, and then a Red playthrough (the team was assigned by Penatrait though, so it might as well be a random challenge). Then there's my side projects like Masudaing for a shiny Treecko on Platinum and SRing for a shiny Kyogre on Sapphire. Also, if I don't hit enter in my post, I won't double post. Figured that out. lol Also, speaking of the Hall of Fame challenge, keep an eye out for a blog from me tonight, because I will finish with this awful team. I'm ready for a new team...hopefully one that will flow well together. This ghetto Rain Dance team is just...laughable.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Have Pokemon with Cute Charm as an ability. Have a Pokemon that knows Attract, Charm, Rest, and Lick. Have a male Heatran in your team named Larry. Start with the Fire starter. Have a Petilil named Sydian in the team and an Aipom named Klippy. That is all. The Larry Challenge. I should make that rn.

Last edited:

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
Years
Your Red playthrough could be either that, or some sort of alteration to the Scramble challenge methinks. :) Anyway, about the challenge about Larry, I have no idea. Maybe you need more idk new Pokemon, and some sort of Pokemon which can learn a plethora of kicking moves. :P

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
What purpose would that cute charm pokemon have? I mean, the mission here is not the complete the game(much), it's to get the petilil to infatuate the heatran in some way, while getting the aipom involved.

....this is so wrong, lmao.

And you think I'M inappropriate? Hmph! Cute Charm was because Larry is cute and charming GOD DERK.

Your Red playthrough could be either that, or some sort of alteration to the Scramble challenge methinks. :) Anyway, about the challenge about Larry, I have no idea. Maybe you need more idk new Pokemon, and some sort of Pokemon which can learn a plethora of kicking moves. :P

Why kicking? Is Larry a kickboxer now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back