• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Patch: Pokemon Fire Red Patch 1020/1460 Rombases UPDATE 6/23/16 Beta 1.1 Released

pokefreak890

The One that will make everything great
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen May 18, 2023
I've used tsukuyomi and NUPS and used the 1020 1.1 beta .ups and I got my ROMs from emuparadise, do I need to show screenshots?

Can you it would be easier for me to find out the problem I'm just guessing but when you're patching with NUPS did you change it from abort to ignore? Because if not u need to do that

Years
  • Seen Sep 1, 2017
Can you it would be easier for me to find out the problem I'm just guessing but when you're patching with NUPS did you change it from abort to ignore? Because if not u need to do that
I did change it from abort to ignore when using NUPS so I'm guessing it's the ROMs I'm using. Where do you get your ROMs from because I get mine from emuparadise.

EDIT: For some reason the image didn't show up
x9UoKZB.png

pokefreak890

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen May 18, 2023
Then that means you must have a 1.1 rom because anything that is a 1.0 rom works with this base

pokefreak890

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen May 18, 2023
Hello Pokecommunity so I know that I haven't been on this thread in along time and I know you guys want an update to this base and I am here to bring this message

I definitely don't have as much time as I did in the past to work on this now this dosent mean that I'm going to stop the devolopment of this base I was just hoping if anyone wants to contribute kinda like a group project type of deal we can all work together and add our own features and fixes to this base to polish it and make it as good as possible.

If anyone wants to contribute to this to further improve it along with me please message me either here or by private message or visitor message that would be greatly appreciated

pokefreak890

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen May 18, 2023
I mean, you lost time to school, got all of the data deleted, then found that you needed to make this a group project.

It's true that I lost time to school but the data is not deleted I still have it and the reason I wanna make it into a "group project" is so that more features can be added for the people who still use this base as quickly as possible and especially since sun and moon is coming out I gotta add more stuff for 7th gen as well so it's not like I really need this to be group project I'm just saying if anyone wants to help contribute to the base so it can be done quicker that can be greatly appreciated that's all I meant sorry if it seemed like I meant something else

Years
  • Seen Jan 18, 2017
Sir...Im having a problem with Petilil to Scolipede
it says "Bad LZ77 compressed at 0x9fceb4"
I tried to put them in wild and every time i encounter them the my whole GBA screen becomes green and unplayable
What shoul i do?
can you help me sir?

BTW im new here at PokemonCommunity...well my account registered long time but its my first time to post here haha and sorry for my bad english

Attachments

• Error.PNG
    Error.PNG
    40.5 KB · Views: 17

Marky Vigoroth

...I just liked the Skarmory icon.
Years
It's true that I lost time to school but the data is not deleted I still have it and the reason I wanna make it into a "group project" is so that more features can be added for the people who still use this base as quickly as possible and especially since sun and moon is coming out I gotta add more stuff for 7th gen as well so it's not like I really need this to be group project I'm just saying if anyone wants to help contribute to the base so it can be done quicker that can be greatly appreciated that's all I meant sorry if it seemed like I meant something else

How much do you still need to do, though?

pokefreak890

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen May 18, 2023
How much do you still need to do, though?

Well sun and moon is coming out soon so there's adding in those mons and then there's habitat and fixing bugs and other potential features that are not in this base yet

pokefreak890

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen May 18, 2023
Sir...Im having a problem with Petilil to Scolipede
it says "Bad LZ77 compressed at 0x9fceb4"
I tried to put them in wild and every time i encounter them the my whole GBA screen becomes green and unplayable
What shoul i do?
can you help me sir?

BTW im new here at PokemonCommunity...well my account registered long time but its my first time to post here haha and sorry for my bad english

Don't use G3HS for sprites what u can do is go to A-series sprite editor if you're having this problem and go to all of the ones that have that issue and rewrite the sprites to free space by adding the sprites in again

Ayonn-

The Unbelivable
Years
Since many people are wondering how to get this patch to work I will now post a installation guide for you guys to make it easier on all you

Regarding Patching the Base

1. Install the patch and NUPS Patcher
2. Open NUPS Patcher
3. When opened click apply an UPS patch to a file
4. In the file to patch area choose a 1.0 fire red rom and in the UPS Patch choose the downloaded patch
and after that choose the ignore option and then click patch it should work

Now regarding PGE

1. In the patch you download there will be an INI that's not named pokeroms.ini whatever name the INI is that's he PGE INI
2. Put that INI file in the same directory as your rom and make sure to rename it exactly as what your Rom is called
3. After that open up PGE and test it should work

Regarding G3HS

1. Open up your rom in a Hex editor preferably HxD
2. Go to the search tab and then the last option which is Goto and search this FFFFFE
3. After you find that put in there 00 01
4. Put the pokeroms.ini from the rar file and put it in G3HS and open it up and it should work

Note : with this program you may get some errors that's fine because if you do just click the play button as that will take you to a recovery option and when it does just type in these values

Pokemon : 1020
Types : 24
Items : keep it the same number (unless you changed it yourself)
Abilites :156
Moves : 511

And that's all hope this helps you I will link this to the op for anyone who needs it

I can't patch the file it says that the patch doesn't match the file (1020) I'm sure I have a 1.1 Fire red rom

Last edited:

pokefreak890

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen May 18, 2023
I can't patch the file it says that the patch doesn't match the file (1020) I'm sure I have a 1.1 Fire red rom

That's the problem it's supposed to be a 1.0 fire red rom and also when you use NUPS make sure it's on ignore before you patch it

Ayonn-

The Unbelivable
Years
MAnaged to find one...But, the evolutions are messed up after applying the patch

pokefreak890

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen May 18, 2023
Can u show me of a picture of what you mean what Pokémon are causing this problem

Ayonn-

The Unbelivable
Years
Can u show me of a picture of what you mean what Pokémon are causing this problem

It's every pokemon but I know where it comes from, I got an error and reinserted the number of 'mons etc and now all the evolutions are messed up.

Years
Since many people are wondering how to get this patch to work I will now post a installation guide for you guys to make it easier on all you

Regarding Patching the Base

1. Install the patch and NUPS Patcher
2. Open NUPS Patcher
3. When opened click apply an UPS patch to a file
4. In the file to patch area choose a 1.0 fire red rom and in the UPS Patch choose the downloaded patch
and after that choose the ignore option and then click patch it should work

Now regarding PGE

1. In the patch you download there will be an INI that's not named pokeroms.ini whatever name the INI is that's he PGE INI
2. Put that INI file in the same directory as your rom and make sure to rename it exactly as what your Rom is called
3. After that open up PGE and test it should work

Regarding G3HS

1. Open up your rom in a Hex editor preferably HxD
2. Go to the search tab and then the last option which is Goto and search this FFFFFE
3. After you find that put in there 00 01
4. Put the pokeroms.ini from the rar file and put it in G3HS and open it up and it should work

Note : with this program you may get some errors that's fine because if you do just click the play button as that will take you to a recovery option and when it does just type in these values

Pokemon : 1020
Types : 24
Items : keep it the same number (unless you changed it yourself)
Abilites :156
Moves : 511

And that's all hope this helps you I will link this to the op for anyone who needs it

Great tutorial, theres just one thing anoying problem, i have succsessful included the patch and changed the offset FF FF FE to 00 01 FE. and then all the pokemons comes out. and im thinks that everything works now. but when i lauch the game, i comes to the start screen. but when i hit start the game crashes.
UPS used: pokemon fire red 1460 patch beta 2.5

what can be the case?
im realy loving this patch, its saves lots of time:D

Ayonn-

The Unbelivable
Years
Hey there, there is a problem with geomancy, sometimes it loops without allownig me to choose a move

pokefreak890

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen May 18, 2023
I don't know I think that's a problem within MRDS base and not nesscarliy my patch but you could ask him about it and see what he tells you

Back