• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Genesis

Years
  • Seen Feb 16, 2010
Hello, thanks for the hack, I love it. However, I'm getting to the part where you talk to your dad in Granite city, but when he finishes talking to you, instead of you appearing outside the building, you are in the game corner, stuck in a loop of a black screen, and the slot machine saying, You are out of coins. Any thoughts?

Years
  • Seen Jan 19, 2011
Le diste al aspecto del Rojo fuego, un toque muy original e interesante. Me convierto en tu fan numero uno, y espero sigas con este proyecto, ya que lo que he visto me ha gustado.

You gave the appearance of red fire, a very original and interesting touch. I become your number one fan, and I hope you continue with this project, because what I saw I liked.

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Apr 10, 2016
So, when I exited the Mountain after the first town and the second battle with my rival occurred, the screen just went black. I held the spacebar for like five minutes and nothing happened.

Years
  • Seen Sep 1, 2010
jeez how can i defeat the gym leader name fiona in fiore town the floor is moving towards me? and btw, i got bike voucher and when i came back to cycle house he didn't received it for exchange.

Trainer Ninja

Master of all games
Years
  • Seen Mar 23, 2010
I'm playing the beta 3.2 and i saved and restarted the game and right after it shows the previous things you did, the game crashes.

drew6464

Spriter and composer
Years
  • US
  • Seen Jan 8, 2023
I don't know if this has already been covered, but I didn't see it in your bugs section:

In Latim city, in the house left of the pokecenter, you can walk through the table.

Also, like the players before me, I've reached Temshore City, and went to the port to continue, and my game went black when my rival came.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Aug 9, 2021
After Im done the cave party my rival want to battle me and the screen went black
What Im gonna do guyz?

Thrace

@tion
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 2, 2016
I don't know how nobody else seems to be having this problem, but every other time I press Start the game freezes. Is this some anti-piracy measure? Because I play all hacks on my DS with an AceKard2 + MicroSD + EZFlash 3in1. I really don't get how you people enjoy playing hacks on a computer...
No idea why that would happen. I don't plan on supporting problems on any emulators other than VBA.

You DON'T have to remove the event.
Press the spacebar, (It speed things up) and
wait about a few seconds. The battle should load.

Oh, and Thrace, would you mind changing the Trainer Texts from the Sea Routes?
(Many of them aren't edited as of yet.)
It can be quite boring seeing the FR Text over and over again.
Yeah, they'll be done eventually.

Hello, thanks for the hack, I love it. However, I'm getting to the part where you talk to your dad in Granite city, but when he finishes talking to you, instead of you appearing outside the building, you are in the game corner, stuck in a loop of a black screen, and the slot machine saying, You are out of coins. Any thoughts?
Bad patch perhaps? I'll try it out later.

So, when I exited the Mountain after the first town and the second battle with my rival occurred, the screen just went black. I held the spacebar for like five minutes and nothing happened.
Probably a bad patch there isn't any reason why that should happen since the rival bug is due to corrupt Pokemon data and the Pokemon used by trainer at that stage are all ok.

jeez how can i defeat the gym leader name fiona in fiore town the floor is moving towards me? and btw, i got bike voucher and when i came back to cycle house he didn't received it for exchange.
You have to push the buttons so you have a path to her. The bike isn't supposed to be obtainable in that beta.

I'm playing the beta 3.2 and i saved and restarted the game and right after it shows the previous things you did, the game crashes.
Bad patch? I tried it and it works fine for me.

I don't know if this has already been covered, but I didn't see it in your bugs section:

In Latim city, in the house left of the pokecenter, you can walk through the table.

Also, like the players before me, I've reached Temshore City, and went to the port to continue, and my game went black when my rival came.
Thanks for those.

Where can you find charmandar in this game
Probably in a cave.

After Im done the cave party my rival want to battle me and the screen went black
What Im gonna do guyz?
Again probably a bad patch. Try using a different ROM.

Sorry for being so inactive you guys but I have been working on Genesis. Heres proof:
2aa0fw7.png

I'm currently trying to finalise all the events in the game before I make any real progress.

Years
  • Seen Aug 28, 2023
hey guys, i tried downloading the newest beta, and when i tried to launch it, it went into an endless cycle of windos that said it was unsupported. i had to force quit it. i know that its on the VBA, so can anyone tell me what to do??? ALso, this is the first of the betas that ive downloaded if it helps

Bolens

Soul Hacker
Years
  • Age 30
  • PA
  • Seen Aug 22, 2016
Nothing like getting a little book of Genesis into Pokemon. How the Pokemon world was made, and what not. Interesting title, has different meanings if you think about it.

Thrace

@tion
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 2, 2016
hey guys, i tried downloading the newest beta, and when i tried to launch it, it went into an endless cycle of windos that said it was unsupported. i had to force quit it. i know that its on the VBA, so can anyone tell me what to do??? ALso, this is the first of the betas that ive downloaded if it helps
Thats really weird. I've never heard of anything like that happening before, it must be a problem on your end.

Nothing like getting a little book of Genesis into Pokemon. How the Pokemon world was made, and what not. Interesting title, has different meanings if you think about it.
It sure does. I always found that the most glaring problem with Pokemon games was the weak narrative and this hack is my attempt to correct that (you'll notice that most other things remain faithful to FR/LG). I don't claim to be a good writer but I think Genesis' story is its biggest selling point, its what I'm most proud of anyway.

So I figured some real updates were long overdue and while these don't give any insight into the progress that is being made it'll be something to look at.
30bfvgo.png
m4zme.png
210xg5s.png
azh401.png

Heroine OWs subject to change

8z041u.png

Changed the ice mountain and tree tile palettes to match normal colours

Years
The tree you use in you hack it defult tiles. I think you should add new D-P-PT or HG-SS tiles. They will make your hack very Interesting. Anyways your hack Is very good. Good luck...

Years
The tree you use in you hack it defult tiles. I think you should add new D-P-PT or HG-SS tiles. They will make your hack very Interesting. Anyways your hack Is very good. Good luck...

Uh... Have you played it? It's sort of already interesting- tiles are irrelevant to how interesting a hack is- the FRLG are generally considered nice by alot of people, ergo they're being used here:D
Aaaaanyway, nice updates, Thrace. I'm looking forward to seeing this finished. This is one of the few hacks that manages the Official/Nintendo Style well, and I salute you for that. Best of luck to you and your team.
(really like Tactic's Overworlds, btw).

Pokepal17

More cowbell~
Years
The new heroine overworld looks nice, but shes looks too much like an npc from Fire Red imo. It's probably because of the hair, but yeah... :|

I like the new palette for the snowy mountains; they look a lot better than the old one. :3

Back