• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Challenge Ideas & Discussion

Do you feel more people should get into Nuzlockes?

• Yes

Votes: 7 36.8%
  • No

Votes: 12 63.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

MiniMinun

Azumarill Lover Since Gen II!
Years
Hmmm... Kinda forgot to check this during the last couple of days, but there seemed to be a few good ideas. Thanks a bunch guys! :)

Pikabowser123

The Jack of all Trades
Years
I have an Idea. If it base Idea is accepted, I'll obviously sign up first.

Re-edit (The Wonder Exchange Challenge)
For Pokémon X/Y

1.) You must Wonder Trade (WT) all your Pokémon! (Includes both starters)

2.) One Pokémon per route/area until you have a party of six. Then no more catching Pokémon. If you have more than six. release the rest.

3.) If you get a duplicate Pokémon, you must Wonder Trade it again until you get something different.

4.) If a Pokémon faints, you must Wonder Trade it! (Rule #3 counts here.)

5.) No Exp.Share (Optional, but recommended for a harder experience)

6.) No Potions in battle (Optional, but recommended for a harder experience)

7.) No Legendary Pokemon

8.) If you have a high level Pokemon you may choose to wonder trade it away for something that can obey you. (Optional)

Last edited:

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Wonderlocke isn't a new idea and I'm not approving them. I'm tired of everyone having to turn perfectly good challenges into locke variants. If someone wants to make a Wonder Trade challenge with locke rules as an option, I'm fine with that. I just don't want the entire challenge to be a locke. Make sense? I hope that makes sense. I've already unapproved like 5 wonderlockes for various reasons. Not trying to discourage people, it's just that I feel this will be one of the more popular challenges that come for this gen and I want it to be smooth sailing.

Pikabowser123

The Jack of all Trades
Years
I understand your point. So why not just I just change the name then to something (at least more original then wonder trade) instead of the name.

Why not The Wonder Exchange Challenge?

Now that I think about it It's not really a -Locke since the Pokemon don't really die but, traded off.

Last edited:

Harmonixer3500

Pokémon Master
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Feb 19, 2018
How about a gimmick challenge. Where you must use pokémon that rely on some sort of gimmick like Keckleon, Ditto, Shuckle, and Smeargle

Years
I was thinking there could be a "Mono-Letter" challenge. Where all the Pokemon in your team have to begin with the first letter? Obviously, there would be more challenging ones, weird letters like X that I would have to think of something to work around it and perhaps make it do-able.

Just want to get some general thoughts first before I have it all planned out.

FSNW5yiFrXVXqv

I was thinking there could be a "Mono-Letter" challenge. Where all the Pokemon in your team have to begin with the first letter? Obviously, there would be more challenging ones, weird letters like X that I would have to think of something to work around it and perhaps make it do-able.

Just want to get some general thoughts first before I have it all planned out.
You could always add an exception for such "scarce" letters, by allowing any pokemon with that letter in it's name. For example, aside from Xerneas, Luxray, Dustox, Jynx, Unown X, etc may also be part of the 'X' mono-letters. It's just to make that letter feasible for the challenge, after all. (much better than completely excluding it from the challenge)

edit: I've just successfully finished a run of the Ranger's Challenge (on Pokemon Emerald) that I had suggested days ago for Miniminun. It was tough, but more fun than I have expected. I do recall fighting Steven's pokemon on my first playthrough with similar levels... but planning and catching wild pokemon that would destroy him was a much, much better experience.

If no one's taking it anytime soon, I might start up a thread for it; and for my old petit cup challenge again. Hopefully, I could already get them up by mid-November, after moving out and getting a load off some of my lessons. For now, I'll be doing Syd's 'ol August Challenge.

Last edited:

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I understand your point. So why not just I just change the name then to something (at least more original then wonder trade) instead of the name.

Why not The Wonder Exchange Challenge?

Now that I think about it It's not really a -Locke since the Pokemon don't really die but, traded off.

I like that name better, actually. And yeah, that's true about the Locke part. I would just prefer that people are able to make a team of the first 6 things they get off Wonder Trade and go from there. And then the locke(ish) part could be an optional rule, since I think that would make the thread run more smoothly.

I see "locke" in so many things though, I automatically just scream when it appears. I think I'm allergic. :P

For now, I'll be doing Syd's 'ol August Challenge.

Even though it's way over? :P Hope you're having fun regardless!

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 20, 2024
I honestly hate "locke" challenges. There's just way too many of them and like 80% of the lockes we have here could easily be integrated in the regular nuzlocke thread -.-

Years
You could always add an exception for such "scarce" letters, by allowing any pokemon with that letter in it's name. For example, aside from Xerneas, Luxray, Dustox, Jynx, Unown X, etc may also be part of the 'X' mono-letters. It's just to make that letter feasible for the challenge, after all. (much better than completely excluding it from the challenge)
Ahh now you see I like this idea. Thanks for the input!

Are there any other suggestions/ideas regarding the Mono-Letter challenge which you think would be good? You know, just want to see if there are any other genius minds out there that could possibly conjure up some genius ideas before I go skipping off into the distance and start working on the thread completely oblivious to any blatantly obvious things which I'm missing out. But then again, it is a "mono" challenge so everything is pretty straightforward. :3

Pikabowser123

The Jack of all Trades
Years
So you mean like change the rules around so

I have an Idea. If it base Idea is accepted, I'll obviously sign up first.
Changes are in green

The Wonder Exchange Challenge
For Pokémon X/Y

Main Rules

1.) You must Wonder Trade (WT) all your Pokémon! (Includes both starters)

2.) You use up to six Pokemon and ONLY SIX

3.) If you get a duplicate Pokémon, you must Wonder Trade it again until you get something different.

Additional, Optional rules

1.) One Pokémon per route/area until you have a party of six. Then no more catching Pokémon. If you have more than six. release the rest.

2.) No Exp.Share (Optional, but recommended for a harder experience)

3.) No Potions in battle (Optional, but recommended for a harder experience)

4.) No Legendary Pokemon

5.) If you have a high level Pokemon you may choose to wonder trade it away for something that can obey you.

There is that

Sydian

fake your death.
Years

That's what I would want put in the optional section. I personally would take on that rule, though I'm sure some people would just like to get a random team through Wonder Trade. Similar to a random, but you know, you can't whine and be like "hurr hurr i can't use this some reshuffle my team plz" nor would you be allowed to make restrictions and such like the Random allows. That and you're...stuck with terrible names. :P

Everything else looks fine though. Just make sure to include that the challenge ends after the Champion. It's kind of a given, but you'd be surprised at how many times an obvious question gets asked. :P

FSNW5yiFrXVXqv

Ahh now you see I like this idea. Thanks for the input!

Are there any other suggestions/ideas regarding the Mono-Letter challenge which you think would be good? You know, just want to see if there are any other genius minds out there that could possibly conjure up some genius ideas before I go skipping off into the distance and start working on the thread completely oblivious to any blatantly obvious things which I'm missing out. But then again, it is a "mono" challenge so everything is pretty straightforward. :3
I don't think there's anything else that I could add on top of that. As you've mentioned, it's a pretty straightforward challenge and it would probably best to keep it that way. Keeping something simple ofttimes grabs more attention since not all people have the patience to read walls of text. Besides, any additions and/or ideas can always just come in the form of updates/revisions or optional rules later on.

Oh, just thought of a suggestion: you probably should link them to <this> to use as reference. I think that would be allowed. It will make your challenge much more convenient to navigate for the reader without making it difficult to read.

Last edited:
Years
Yeah, I had that link in mind but I didn't know what the actual link was so thanks for that!

But yeah, I think everything is pretty much sorted and I will start working on the thread in the morning♥~

FSNW5yiFrXVXqv

whoa, I noticed that my old challenge thread was already on the brink of being completely lost in the void. If there had been any new accepted challenges, I may have not seen it anymore (I'm assuming old threads get deleted eventually) and would've revived/rewritten it from scratch! Yikes.

So anyway, I've submitted the new and updated thread already and it should be up soon... unless it gets rejected DX I've revised it in a way that it's easier to follow and understand in a less-cluttered way than it was before. I think I did a good job.

Shameless blog-like post and self-praise

Pikabowser123

The Jack of all Trades
Years
That's what I would want put in the optional section. I personally would take on that rule, though I'm sure some people would just like to get a random team through Wonder Trade. Similar to a random, but you know, you can't whine and be like "hurr hurr i can't use this some reshuffle my team plz" nor would you be allowed to make restrictions and such like the Random allows. That and you're...stuck with terrible names. :P

Everything else looks fine though. Just make sure to include that the challenge ends after the Champion. It's kind of a given, but you'd be surprised at how many times an obvious question gets asked. :P

Alright. I'll add that it to optional and say it ends with the Champ. So does that mean after I add the changes and make a Sign up sheet, I can post it?

Water Gym Leader

Arlyn Aquos
Years
Pokemon Gender Nuzlocke. What ever gender your starter is is the only gender you can use (Exception: You want to use Genderless) the first Pokemon of the route is the only one you can catch, if its not the gender you are using to bad. Additional rules follow Nuzlocke ones.

DittosGonnaDitto

Failed Clone #123,456,789
Years
Here, I have an idea for a challenge! I will be participating in it, but I want to make sure it's good, and that people would actually play it.

So basically, I'll work out a large group of themes associated with numbers, probaly from 1-50 or 1-75, maybe even to a hundred. The challenger must use a number randomizer (I know a few decent ones, I'll put a link to one within the possible thread) and whatever number they get, they must use the theme associated with that number!

Problem is, I don't have enough time or imagination to work out so many themes. Only flaw I've found so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back