• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other FULL] «Sword Art Online: Sanctuary» [OOC/SU][T]

Colony

Poe and Palahniuk's Prodige
Years
Spoiler:
I kinda get where you're coming from, but there are a few things that don't add up... I may be wrong about this, but NPCs are immortal objects, while Turnip would have a health bar.

Happy birthday Shiny!

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • C:\
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015
I'm debating another attempt at creating a self-instertee character, and bringing him (myself) to this RP. It's fully plausible, considering I have an intense passion for gaming and dream of VRMMORPGs.

The question is, should I? I'm still working out how many characters I should have, and if it won't make for much interaction I should probably avert it. That said, I could probably have fun with it. It'd give me a reason to make at least one character whose posts are written in first person.

anyone think this is a good or bad idea?

Sapphire Rose

[I]Only thorns left on this rose.[/I]
Years
Turnip has a health bar like everyone else, I won't allow anyone to be an immortal object unless the person received permission.

c:

WolfOfEve- you can only have 2 characters unless SD thinks that 3 is alright too~

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
Spoiler:
I kinda get where you're coming from, but there are a few things that don't add up... I may be wrong about this, but NPCs are immortal objects, while Turnip would have a health bar.
NPCs have life bars (and possibly levels, too), and aren't all immortal objects. Yui and Kayaba were special cases in that Yui wasn't really an NPC nor was she a PC. I mean, in Angel Beats! terms she'd be an NPC, but she wasn't programmed into the game as a character, just as an agent to aid characters with any psychological issues or problems that may have arrived do to the players' enclosure. Kayaba made himself an immortal object to avoid dying, as that would void the whole point of Sword Art Online existing at all. He's a PC, just one with administrative powers.

In fact, one of the Side Stories (and the first relationship development episode of the anime for Kirito and Asuna, basically the first time Asuna is shown since the first episodes) focuses on using the death of NPCs to defeat a roaming floor boss, stating that they will respawn and that killing them shouldn't matter because of that (Asuna says this).

Also, happy birthday SD! Now that you're 18 you can start courting the teammate of your choosing. Or that teammate's child, if you like.

IceFyr1928

Is now DeathofShadows
Years
I have a few questions on battling.

1) Does the winner gain EXP and/or money from winning?
2) If soon the money sense, do they do so at the expense of the other player? (Like Pokemon)
3) How would we go about calculating damage?
4) Are we just supposed to collaborate these fine points with the other player?

That should be it for now. Thanks ahead of time.

Geras

Roleplayer
Years
To make a long story short, I will be travelling to El Salvador for two weeks with family in two days and was unable to notify anyone of this before because I didn't know I would be going until today. Again, long story. For the purposes of this RP, just say that Riku spends that IC time gathering resources and forging stuff out of sight while Kouki is in shop. If anyone needs a reminder for what that means, it's that you can bunny Kouki as any other generic shopkeeper and you cannot haggle with him for anything less than a 5% drop, and that's only if your character is exceptionally good at haggling.

IceFyr1928

Is now DeathofShadows
Years
Cripes! I meant duels, though a few of those might actually be relevant to fighting in the field.

Here's to hoping you'll have a great time away from our insanity, Geras! X3

Sapphire Rose

Years
Also, happy birthday SD! Now that you're 18 you can start courting the teammate of your choosing. Or that teammate's child, if you like.

Hahahaha… Fire Emblem humor.

I only have one character here at the moment ._.

I know~ c: but I know how creative your mind is when it comes to characters~

I have a few questions on battling.

1) Does the winner gain EXP and/or money from winning?
2) If soon the money sense, do they do so at the expense of the other player? (Like Pokemon)
3) How would we go about calculating damage?
4) Are we just supposed to collaborate these fine points with the other player?

That should be it for now. Thanks ahead of time.

1) You don't gain EXP or money from battling, battling is simply checking who is stronger. c:
2) I'm sorry, I don't know what you mean with that question but no it's not like Pokémon. c:
3) it depends on the level difference. If one player is level 20 and the other level 40 then the player with level 40 could easely take out the one with level 20 in two hits. I imagine that you could lose 53 HP from every hit when you are at the same level. Weapons also play a role. If it says "ATK + 14" while the player has 53 STR, then it'll be 67 STR, which means that's how many health points you lose when you're at the same level. I think 10 HP extra damage should be fair for every higher level.
4) That would be useful! c:

IceFyr1928

Is now DeathofShadows
Years
Alright, thanks for clearing that up.

What I meant by #2 was that if you did recieve money, it would be out of the loser's pocket instead of generated by the system. Not that it matters, as that isn't the case.

Colony

Poe and Palahniuk's Prodige
Years
I don't know why I just now thought about this, but since I was planning on using Frost as a recurring character should I make an SU for the character? Granted, I wouldn't actually RP as the character, but she may be important (for Nirvana/Nightmare) later on. Plus, it gives me something to do while waiting on the post order...

Turnip

Magnificent Turnip
Years
Alrighty, posting order. Everyone postpostpost, quickly! I only have 2 days before holiday! D:
Eh, I'm hoping I'll have internet anyway, so it probably isn't a big deal. It's Machomuu's turn, just for the record.

Spoiler:

Yeah, I used the term "half-NPC" loosely, especially since it doesn't actually have any real meaning. I mean, half of a non-player? *Mind clicks* CYBORG! Or not, you know. I dunno.

I'm sort of aware that Turnip's status doesn't really add up, though it's almost the point. He appears on the surface to be an NPC, and appears to himself as a player, though it seems he has some features of both. Immortal Object status is an NPC aspect he didn't get, which he's slightly pissed off about... Then again, supposedly some NPCs aren't Immortal Objects anyhow.

Turnip isn't sure about it all, and I'm not too sure on it either. I was thinking maybe he'd appear on the surface in a vaguely similar way to Yui, but his information appeared on party screens? Eh. It's a GM or group decision really, I don't really mind either way. I'm not entirely sure what the differences are anyhow.

Sapphire Rose

Years
Everyone is allowed to make second characters and I kinda recommend it... so when you have a writers block for one character, you can always try new things with your second one or you let your characters interact with each other

When you have a NPC and you actually want to roleplay with that one... then I guess you have to make a SU. I'm also thinking about adding a second character but i'm in the doubting stage at the moment.

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015
So... Yes? No? Maybe? No one really cares?

I asked primarily for feedback before I decide.

ShinyDiamond

[b]The Other Promise[/b]
Years
Alrighty, posting order. Everyone postpostpost, quickly! I only have 2 days before holiday! D:
Eh, I'm hoping I'll have internet anyway, so it probably isn't a big deal. It's Machomuu's turn, just for the record.
-.- I'm pretty sure it's my turn to post...

So... Yes? No? Maybe? No one really cares?

I asked primarily for feedback before I decide.
You can only have a total max of 2 characters.

Turnip

Magnificent Turnip
Years
-.- I'm pretty sure it's my turn to post...

Eh, I was going by PS's post #573, and I'm pretty sure I was the last person to post in the dungeon area. If that were coming into effect as of now, you'd not have posted for a while, then, so yeah. You're probably right. By all means, post, but... eh. Maybe it's better not having a structured posting order, considering we haven't had one for the entire rest of the RP. I guess we need to find a better time to put it into effect.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
Eh, I was going by PS's post #573, and I'm pretty sure I was the last person to post in the dungeon area. If that were coming into effect as of now, you'd not have posted for a while, then, so yeah. You're probably right. By all means, post, but... eh. Maybe it's better not having a structured posting order, considering we haven't had one for the entire rest of the RP. I guess we need to find a better time to put it into effect.
The posting order is only in effect for those who are in the group that's together for the sake of posting without conflicting with each other and allowing time for everyone to react (unless there's no reason for them to). The current post order has been established and growing since me, PS, SD, and Wolf set off after Saito's announcement. I think it's pretty effective, it's just larger now.

It would be SD's turn since he's the only one not to have posted since the cycle repeated last.

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015
You can only have a total max of 2 characters.
I ONLY HAVE ONE CHARACTER RIGHT NOW.

Okay, so that's twice (thrice?) now that people are just not getting what I'm saying.

Let me iterate this in a much clearer and more understandable way.

I am thinking of making myself into a character in this RP. That would be my second character. I am asking if this would be a good idea or not, as a lack of interaction might lead to an unfortunate end for said character.

That said, I think I've made my decision. Expect a literal ME to appear in sign-up form soon.

Back