• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Patch: Pokemon Fire Red Patch 1020/1460 Rombases UPDATE 6/23/16 Beta 1.1 Released

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Jan 27, 2024
Since it appears that I am not the only one with the following problem-

I have downloaded this patch and using PGE it seems to have worked perfectly! But I am having issues editing A-Map 1.92's hex to be able to add the Pokemon into the game. Either a download link to an A-Map that has been properly modified or a solution to this problem would be appreciated as this patch looks simply fantastic.

I have been looking into this issue a bit more since I posted this. I believe that the issue I am having is that I do not have a proper A-Map 1.92. So I decided to go get the proper version. the problem with that is well.... its not possible.

The link for a version of A-map 1.92 (http://pastebin.com/13djBRnT) that's purpose was to be modified for expanded Pokemon doesn't currently work. This same page has been linked before on this thread. I have been searching the internet the past couple of days for a working version of Amap 1.92 but I haven't had any luck.
EDIT: Well the link works but the download link within doesn't. (Just thought I should clarify)

So basically could someone please help because at this point this is beyond me.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Aug 3, 2023
I have been looking into this issue a bit more since I posted this. I believe that the issue I am having is that I do not have a proper A-Map 1.92. So I decided to go get the proper version. the problem with that is well.... its not possible.

The link for a version of A-map 1.92 (http://pastebin.com/13djBRnT) that's purpose was to be modified for expanded Pokemon doesn't currently work. This same page has been linked before on this thread. I have been searching the internet the past couple of days for a working version of Amap 1.92 but I haven't had any luck.
EDIT: Well the link works but the download link within doesn't. (Just thought I should clarify)

So basically could someone please help because at this point this is beyond me.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/gi2ed8hvqrngfmv/AdvanceMap.exe?dl=0

Try that one out.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Jan 27, 2024
I am wondering if someone has already used this patch (Preferably the 1020 version) and implemented all the Pokemon into Fire red? I would like to do a quick play through of the game with all the Pokemon before I delve deeper into working on my own attempt at a rom hack.

Years
  • Seen Jun 14, 2020
When editing the evolutions of pokemon such as Electabuzz, Rhydon, and Dusclops on PGE it gives me an error code 436 and the program crashes.

G3HS seems to have a bugged evolution table and doesn't work.

pokefreak890

The One that will make everything great
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen May 18, 2023
In case anyone was wondering I forgot to mention one thing if you wanna expand mons with 1.95 version of A-map instead of 1.92 go to the thread that tells you how to do it and for anyone who wants the hex of 1020 its 3FC I don't have my computer so I can't help anyone till I return from vacation and with that see you guys later

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Jan 27, 2024
Due to the lack of a response earlier to my question, I have added all the Pokemon into the wild in Fire Red excluding Legendaries and fossil Pokemon. Also made all evolutions possible. (Meaning gen 1-3 trade evolutions). Made a shopkeeper in Celadon City to sell all Mega stones and the bracelet as well as a shopkeeper who sell all the normal evolution stones. So basically if anyone wants the patch (As messy as it is) please message me.

This patch is fantastic, and am definitely going to use this when I make my own rom hack which I will be starting to do soon.

EDIT: I should clarify that not only are legendaries and fossil pokemon not included but also a large amount of 3rd stage evolution Pokemon aren't either due to the mess that is adding all of these pokemon into a game made to have 150 of them. Also some 'baby' Pokemon like Munchlax I didn't add because yet again the game isn't made to have 700 Pokemon in the wild.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Sep 25, 2022
I just want to inform you guys that TM compatibility of some pokemons (commonly on 1st Gen: Haven't check them all yet) Haha it's weird that almost all of gen 1 pokemons can learn dragon claw including Kakuna Haha

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 25, 2017
Due to the lack of a response earlier to my question, I have added all the Pokemon into the wild in Fire Red excluding Legendaries and fossil Pokemon. Also made all evolutions possible. (Meaning gen 1-3 trade evolutions). Made a shopkeeper in Celadon City to sell all Mega stones and the bracelet as well as a shopkeeper who sell all the normal evolution stones. So basically if anyone wants the patch (As messy as it is) please message me.

This patch is fantastic, and am definitely going to use this when I make my own rom hack which I will be starting to do soon.

EDIT: I should clarify that not only are legendaries and fossil pokemon not included but also a large amount of 3rd stage evolution Pokemon aren't either due to the mess that is adding all of these pokemon into a game made to have 150 of them. Also some 'baby' Pokemon like Munchlax I didn't add because yet again the game isn't made to have 700 Pokemon in the wild.

That GF only put 386 mons in the 3rd Gen games, doesn't mean more can 't safely be added. Adding extra mons to a 3rd Gen game, if done correctly, should have no adverse effects on the game.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Sep 25, 2022
Anyone here has a copy of 1020 version with correct TM compatibility atleast for gen 1? and also a G3HS ini for 1460 with Mega evolution?

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Jan 27, 2024
That GF only put 386 mons in the 3rd Gen games, doesn't mean more can 't safely be added. Adding extra mons to a 3rd Gen game, if done correctly, should have no adverse effects on the game.

What I mean when I say adding them to the game isn't adding extra pokemon to the game. I mean adding them to the wild. The literal space of the world isn't very large. I didn't any new locations or anything.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 25, 2017
What I mean when I say adding them to the game isn't adding extra pokemon to the game. I mean adding them to the wild. The literal space of the world isn't very large. I didn't any new locations or anything.

Ooohh, my bad. Sorry. Yeah you're right there isn't much space for it by default.

Years
  • Seen Jan 18, 2017

I don't know what you're getting at to be honest. I put one copy of EVERY Pokemon in the wild. I still had a lot of room left over in the sevi islands as well and some in Kanto, This includes Fossil Pokes, final stage, and Legendaries (Although if I had the skillset I'd make them like Zapdos, Articuno and Moltres, where you can only encounter them once per game)

I did not, however put wild Mega's in. (I could have but that seems odd and they don't have a pokedex entree)

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Jan 27, 2024
I don't know what you're getting at to be honest. I put one copy of EVERY Pokemon in the wild. I still had a lot of room left over in the sevi islands as well and some in Kanto, This includes Fossil Pokes, final stage, and Legendaries (Although if I had the skillset I'd make them like Zapdos, Articuno and Moltres, where you can only encounter them once per game)

I did not, however put wild Mega's in. (I could have but that seems odd and they don't have a pokedex entree)

With the way I did it I didn't want to make it so that there was a 1% chance of encountering certain pokemon. I wanted it to be balanced the lowest I went was 5% and that, when I played it I felt was pushing the chances a bit low. Sure I had the Sevi islands (4-7) untouched but I wanted to fit all the pokemon within kanto and isles 1-3. In total this crunched everything together.

Years
Hello everyone,
are all gen 4 to 6 attacks, abilities and items implemented and completed in this rombase? Or are they going to be implemented?

Thanks in advance.

pokefreak890

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen May 18, 2023
Answer no not all of them but some of them are and sadly I don't know how to add moves

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Sep 25, 2022
Is it just me or the new Evolution Methods on 1460 patch does not work?

pokefreak890

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen May 18, 2023
Depends on where the data is located where is it located?

Back