• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Lotus

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Aug 11, 2020

Pokémon Lotus

Introduction

This is my first hack! Taking inspiration from Greek mythology,
Pokémon Lotus has a new region to explore.

Story

Professor Jujube is the professor of Lotus Region. She gifts you one of the three Kanto starters.
She's the mother of your main rival, who also happens to be your closest friend.

Later, you'll meet Admin Nyx of Team Gaia, and face off against them in Avalanche City,
where they've taken over the Power Plant.
Once defeated, they retreat to their headquarters deep in the mountains.

Team Gaia aims to install Father Chaos as ruler of the Lotus Region.

Features

• Currently four gyms, five cities, and more!
  • Running Shoes, Bike, and Super Rod are available early!

Screenshots

Screenshot_1.png Screenshot_2.png
Screenshot_3.png Screenshot_4.png
Screenshot_5.png Screenshot_6.png
Screenshot_7.png

Credits

• Me - Mapping (and scripting)
  • Leon & Ultima Soul - their FireRed Base is the foundation of this hack!

Bugs/Glitches/Errors:

Download

This patch goes up to 4th gym and ends at route 4:
View attachment NewLotusPatch.ips

Last edited:

_pheebee

[I]Gosh! What's poppin'?[/i]
Years
You're a new trainer in the Lotus Region.
You meet your rival and Professor Oak,
and choose from one of three Kanto starter Pokémon.
You travel from city to city collecting gym badges.
You first encounter Team Rocket at Tepid Cave
as they are trying to steal fossils.

Not to sound rude, or mean.
But, this sounds like the first part of Fire Red, and Leaf Green and, to me, doesn't really class as a story it more or less is just a list of what happens in the game and kind of deters me from wanting to play, as it doesn't really sound exciting, or new.

Is there any extra information, or a more detailed story you could show us ?

Like for example, how would Team Rocket take over?
Why do they want to take over?

Why is Prof. Oak in Lotus?
What significance does taking over the region have to do with fossils in Tepid Cave?
Is the Rival a childhood friend rival? A Team Rocket Sub-ordinate? Just wanting to be the champion?

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Aug 11, 2020
Not to sound rude, or mean.
But, this sounds like the first part of Fire Red, and Leaf Green and, to me, doesn't really class as a story it more or less is just a list of what happens in the game and kind of deters me from wanting to play, as it doesn't really sound exciting, or new.

Is there any extra information, or a more detailed story you could show us ?

Like for example, how would Team Rocket take over?
Why do they want to take over?

Why is Prof. Oak in Lotus?
What significance does taking over the region have to do with fossils in Tepid Cave?
Is the Rival a childhood friend rival? A Team Rocket Sub-ordinate? Just wanting to be the champion?

Indeed, I have a lot more story and worldbuilding to do--my focus thus far has mostly been on mapping. I will continue to update as I develop the story part of the game.

bh02032002

Currently open for rom hack beta testing.
Years
i agree with wanderlustdemon. this hack looks a lot like base firered. i'm not trying to be rude but it looks kind of sloppy and looks like the base firered. hope you turn it around in the next beta and i also hope you can fulfill this hacks potential.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Aug 11, 2020
What should we patch this with?
I made the patch with Lunar IPS, so I suggest using that?

I'm working on improving the beta at the moment. I've gotten rid of a lot of textual errors. I'm going to be adding in rival battles, proper gym puzzles, a new evil team for the Lotus Region, and more. So stick around for that.

Back