• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

PC: Get-Together 2018 - Event Hosts Wanted

Years
kitty was here|Janp too

The PokeCommunity Presents: GT 2018!

It's that time again! Welcome to another year of the PokeCommunity Get-Together! This year, we're going on a trip to the Alola region! Why, do you ask? Well, this year's Get-Together is about collecting Z-Crystals, of course! But for those of you who might not know... what is the Get Together, anyway?

What is the Get Together?

The Get-Together is a yearly event in which members from all over the community gather to participate in various events! We usually come up with a theme, but it's all generally the same concept of the community "getting together" to participate in events and having fun!

Event Organizer/Event Suggestion Signup

That all said, we're now opening sign-ups currently for Event Organizers, and Event Suggestions! Feel free to reply to this thread indicating your interest and what type of event you'd like to run. You're welcome to organise co-hosting events if more than one of you want to run the same event. We'll get back to you all as quick as we can to let you know if your event will be running.

List of Tributes
1. Splatoon 2 (Meganium)
2. Egg Swap (HeroLinik, Kip)
3. Challenge Event (Zemanahrad, Spirit Shackle)
4. CAH (Zemanahrad)
5. YGO (Zemanahrad)
6. Movie Nights (Zemanahrad)
7. Mafia Event (gimmepie and Kitty)
8. High Speed Make-a-Mega (gimmepie)
9. MarioKart 8 (Spirit Shackle)
10. PTCG (Spirit Shackle)
11. Tennis Aces (Spirit Shackle)
12. VGM Quiz (Spirit Shackle)
13. Dungeons and Dragons One Shot (Lycanthropy)
14. Lycan's Game Thing (Lycanthropy)
15. Alolan Map Off (ASDBUDDY)
16. Gym torture (soccersam)
17. Small Writing Contest (gimmepie, Bay Alexison)
18. Ice Cream Blowout (Hyzenthlay)
Image Credit © logancure x

Last edited by a moderator:

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
I am putting my suggestion in for a Splatoon 2 event. Of course I would love to have some help, especially those who are in different timezones.

I should have time for this!

HeroLinik

To this day, he still can't beat Air Man...
Years
I had a long silence on this matter due to exams and whatnot, but I'm still content on taking the egg swap for this year.

Years
Well, just like every year, I would like to see some kind of Challenge and would like to host one.

CaH, regular and Pokémon movie nights, Yu-Gi-Oh, prettiest profile, egg swap and competitive events would also be nice. I wouldn't mind hosting Yu-Gi-Oh one.

ddrox13

Anti-Nonsense
Years
"tributes"

I'd like to do Mario Kart 8 Deluxe in place of our overlord Achromatic, may he rest in peace. If someone else is to do this, I nominate Wolf.

WE (read: either myself or Don if he wants it) ARE ACTUALLY HAVING A PTCG EVENT THIS TIME.

I'd also love to do a quiz, probably based on video game music, but if you feel this mess is too much responsibility for one teenager that's cool

Also a Mario Tennis Aces tournament if we can pull it off. Or sm5sh depending on release date. I'll host the former if you want.

Also I'm helping Zemanahrad with his challenge and nothing he can say will convince me otherwise. It's my sub too boss :)

Last edited:

Lycanthropy

[cd=font-family:Special Elite;font-size:16px;color
Years
I was thinking of hosting a couple of One Night Ultimate Werewolf games, a Mafia variant that lasts, as the name suggests, only one night. I understand that could possibly a bit of a Mafia overkill in one GT though, so I understand if that'd be to much. (In which case I'd gladly help out with the other Mafia event instead, if you need an extra GM.)

I also like to host a Dungeons & Dragons one-shot of four-ish hours. This will probably be using the fifth edition, but if there's interest I can host a nice ol' 4th edition dungeon crawl as well!

And there's another thing I'm working on, but I don't want to spoil too much about it just yet, as it will be a sort of spin-off of yet another thing that will be up on the forums soon. gimmepie already knows what I'm talking about, but if you need to know more, feel feel free to ask!

ASDBUDDY

The Derp
Years
I was thinking of hosting like a mapping event, Map for Alola.

where participants make a map that fits in a gen 1-4 kind of tiles (in any software they like)
and then a panel of judges scrutinize them on the basis of
setting(how it feels like if it was in alola)
tile errors
ingame perspective
and all that good stuff.

and then the best one wins.

Soccersam

Hilbert is Badass
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Feb 26, 2024
It would be fun hosting a contest to see who can create the most detailed and maddeningly puzzling gym ever, with hundreds of mazes and/or other stuff.
They can create it in any platform they want, and the top five most excellently made ones will be selected by two or three judges.
Anyone up for this?

Years
It would be fun hosting a contest to see who can create the most detailed and maddeningly puzzling gym ever, with hundreds of mazes and/or other stuff.
They can create it in any platform they want, and the top five most excellently made ones will be selected by two or three judges.
Anyone up for this?

That actually sounds great.

Just wondering when this is happening. If it's around July then maybe I can try to do something.

It should take place in the 2nd half of the July.

ASDBUDDY

The Derp
Years
Anyone up for this?

That sounds amazing! How about we combine our events as two diff categories under one map off event,
so the event in actuality would be different, just the panel of judges would be the same and the thread would be same so that mapping enthusiasts could just come to one thread rather than get confused. That is if you are fine with it.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen May 8, 2023
I'm not sure if this qualifies as a good event idea, but given how popular ROM hacks are here, what about something for ROM hacking discussion/teambuilding?

Soccersam

Hilbert is Badass
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Feb 26, 2024
That sounds amazing! How about we combine our events as two diff categories under one map off event,
so the event in actuality would be different, just the panel of judges would be the same and the thread would be same so that mapping enthusiasts could just come to one thread rather than get confused. That is if you are fine with it.
That's fine with me. Besides, your Alola mapping event is awesome too! I can't wait to see the different styles of maps!

GanguEevee

~Calamity Trigger~
Years
I think I host a few events related to certain online multiplayer games:

-100% Orange Juice: This game is just really fun, especially with friends. Considering the chaos that can incur within it due to the RNG, I think we could have a lot of fun together! The room will always be called '100% GT Juice' or '100% RNG Juice' and the password will be 'fuckeverything'....you can blame my friends for that.

-Closers: A pretty cool F2P beat-em-up game that's on Steam and DRM-free. I have made a crew called OrgXIII. Team Paradox apparently had profanity, until I found out that profanity meant special characters or spaces. I'm keeping this crew even after the Get-Together is over, so if you're still gonna play Closers after that, then you can go ahead and stay in my crew! Only rules are being active and not being mean. Now, it's quite possible that if it doesn't allow to join said crew, then you might have to finish the first area before you have the choice. I'm also going to have a squad called either 'Team Paradox' or 'PokeClosers GT2018'. I'll allow certain other members make squads too. It's pretty much a good time to start playing Closers, actually! July 2nd will have a big update featuring a new character, the removal of fatigue and more!

I do want to do more, but I think this is all I can manage. One more thing, though: I'm going to try and live-stream all of this via Twitch. Something to note, though, is that I never actually check the Twitch chat but instead the chat on http://midnightcrew.wheelofcrap.com/ where a bunch of cool people (who are friends) stream stuff from time to time. You might have to reload or wait a bit for my stream to come on though. I might have to do a sorta test stream at some point to see if I can do these games without excessive slowdown.

Last edited:
Back