• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hi there!

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jul 3, 2020
Hi there everyone, my name is Defa! English is not my first language so I apologize in advance for any grammar mistake!

I discovered Pokémon Essentials a couple of months ago by chance, while I was searching for some nice romhacks to play and then I thought about checking how fangames are actually made.

I love programming and when I see some cool things/features in games or softwares in general I tend to think of how that has been written in programming code and, if I have the opportunity, I challenge myself and try to program that same feature in some ways just to see if I'm able to, then I usually make some changes to see if it's possible to apply that feature for something similar or maybe to improve it or to make it "universal" and not for a specific situation.

Anyway, what I want to say now is that after playing Pokémon Prism I wanted to program some things here and there, and then I started to make a map of Kanto 1:1 from FireRed and I added a couple of nice and useful scripts and events. At first I thought to keep it to myself, then I decided to share it with you because why not, maybe I can help some of you that are making cool fangames!

Yes, I always type a lot unfortunately, my fault, summary is not my cup of tea, I beg your pardon.

Ok, now that I introduced myself, I'll procede to make a new thread about my Kanto map project and one for the scripts and events I made, which I hope you'll find useful, even though they're not a big deal actually but who knows.

Thanks for reading and since I love programming, maybe you could try to ask me to code something for your game after seeing my scripts if you're not into programming, I'll be glad to help if I can! (don't ask too long, difficult or elaborated things, like adding Z-Moves mechanics, I'm still learning Ruby, I'm not a hacker! :-P )

Last edited:
Years
hi Defa, welcome welcome :>

Programmers are people I seriously admire! Wish I had time and energy to learn it myself, awesome to have as both a hobby and profession. Wishing you a lot of luck with scripting and all that good stuff. See you!

Back