• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Goals... maybe

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
Can't really say that I am. I don't really have any dreams or ambitions, but at the very least I'd like to move out of my parent's house and live on my own, but obviously that's not the case right now. Don't really have the income to be able to live in my own apartment. Feels like my best shot at it is to keep on working a substitute janitor and hope that they finally hire me for a permanent full-time position. But I don't know if they ever will, and it may end up being that I can't wait for that anymore and will have to pick up a second job. I'd really prefer to not have to work two jobs at once though, but I only have so long that I can put off not doing that if they don't hire me full-time.

ShinyUmbreon189

VLONE coming soon
Years
Fuck no and I honestly don't know. Our generation has the odds against us unless our families are rich cause you gotta go to college to get even a job nowadays (especially in America) for even a 10 an hour paying job. I can't afford college nor do I have time to go to college without ending up homeless cause it's either one or the other and they wonder why our generation is "failing" because they have it set for us to fail.

Other than that...

I want to be an artist in music like I already am and get myself out there someday. I want to impact peoples life, be someone people can admire and be a good role model, enlighten people on problems nowadays, and especially show these depressed kids they aren't alone cause I suffer from moderate to severe depression myself. Music and marijuana is my medication. Just haven't figured my plan out yet.

Last edited:
Years
If I were to put my life on a scale of 1-10, 10 being the best, I'd probably say it's about a 6. I moved in with a friend and their mom because my previous home, with my mom, wasn't working out. But that's all personal details for later. Living here so far has been great, as I get more privacy and more relaxed environment. Yet, I still need to look forward some more rather than this being a long stopping point. What I need to do now is get a job, and that's probably it. Oh and driving too. Living off of SSI is not a thing to do, even if you could anyway.

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 4, 2018
Man, I just really want to find a partner in life at this stage in my life. I don't care where, but I know quite well the kind of woman I want to find. It literally could happen anywhere with me, so I always keep my eyes out.

I want a super serious relationship right now more than anything else.

Last edited:

Hyzenthlay

[span=font-size: 16px; font-family: cinzel; color:
Years
At this point, I'm hoping my tertiary education will inspire some form of ambition.

It changes a lot. A few years ago, I wanted to live in the English countryside and raise six children. Some days I want to live alone in a study like Michel de Montaigne's and just write.

More than anything I'd like to travel, but you need lots of money for that! And I want to travel while I'm young, I don't want to work hard all my life and wait until I'm old. :'(

I'm in a good place right now, at home, studying. That doesn't mean I'm content. In truth, I'd like to move out and get my own cosy little place. Again, costs are a nightmare. ;;

Last edited:

TY

Of course im not where I want to be right now, it takes time to get to that spot, especially that im in college (last year though, so progress is there and all is looking good).

I want to have a life with someone who's always there to support me in my endeavours, whether is be in gaming or real life things.

Travelling is also something I'd like to do, moving out and get stuff done.

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
Years
These days, my goals are mostly to have more activities in the summer, and do good work on the video game I?m doing the programming legwork for in Arqadium. My husband and I have decided to relearn swimming together by walking to the pool daily for the next month, since they?re going to close in early June for some long-term renovations. We?ll also be visiting the in-laws again in NYC sometime in autumn.

Once our game is released, we?ll have a really good baseline to go off of as we will have pushed a product out to pasture, doing everything from IP production to marketing and 0-day upkeep. From there we have a couple new ideas in mind for additional games, and we?ll be adding bigger components to our state-of-the-art game engine that?ll be getting dogfooded with these game releases. With a few well-sold games, we should have enough money to make a big title, or staff additional engineers to finish building the engine ? it?s a product we?re going to sell too, after all!
Our generation has the odds against us unless our families are rich cause you gotta go to college to get even a job nowadays (especially in America) for even a 10 an hour paying job. I can't afford college nor do I have time to go to college without ending up homeless cause it's either one or the other and they wonder why our generation is "failing" because they have it set for us to fail.
I don?t know how else to explain this, but almost all of these things are demonstrably false at some level or another, and approaching it with that mindset isn?t going to help you be successful at all. I don?t know which generation you?re part of, but I don?t think it matters because it has been a continuing theme in generational theory for the elder gens to pull up the ladder they just climbed. As we know with Generation X though, there?s more to the story than that, because they?re actually the people in charge of things these days for the most part. The only exception to the ladder theory was with the Baby Boomers, and they?re all retiring by now so they?re not really on any ladder worth pulling up besides social security.

The notion that you have to go to college is complete bollocks as well, and I don?t know who told you that but they really ought to get a reality check. There are a few fields where college is the sensible path, usually medical or legal professions, but everything else can be done without any college whatsoever and there is a lot of backtalk coming out of people saying otherwise. I covered much of what?s going on with this in a post on Medium, which hits pretty much every base of concern sans politics, and I do suggest you give that a read. The best programmers and engineers do not ship with college out-of-the-box ? I know because I am an engineer, I do work in my field, I have friends in the field who did go to college and graduate and regret it, and on top of that I hire people as well so I know how an executive feels about the degree mills just as well. Most of the fa?ade propping up college are either put up by people for the colleges themselves (college spokespeople, interfacing with high schools, striking deals with employers, and even buying up huge swaths of real estate and community clout because they?re really that rich from tuition), or they?re propped up by people who went through college or are going through college and are in denial about how effectively they?re using their time. A heaping helping of a floundering Human Resources industry in corporate America along with those things just about does it.
Other than that...

I want to be an artist in music like I already am and get myself out there someday. I want to impact peoples life, be someone people can admire and be a good role model, enlighten people on problems nowadays, and especially show these depressed kids they aren't alone cause I suffer from moderate to severe depression myself. Music and marijuana is my medication. Just haven't figured my plan out yet.
If you already make music, then you should share it with people and push it out. Change that someday into today, and talk to people ? who you know matters a lot more than what you know.

As far as depression goes, it?s ultimately a matter of answering some questions that you haven?t looked into yourself on just yet. Nobody is inherently depressed ? in every situation there is something that went wrong, usually in the past, that was some degree of traumatic and it hasn?t been addressed. It?s not traumatic like anything other people consider ?trauma?, but you can?t let people?s windowpane definitions get in the way of something that big. I know that dealing with it isn?t easy ? it?s actually really hard. But if you want to be that person you want to be, and not spend the rest of your life with no real reason to live, you have to push through it. You can?t always do it alone, and if someone you?re close to wants to help, you have to be able to put your own defenses past it long enough to unravel everything that makes you unhappy.

It took me a long time to go and deal with my own depressive issues, which were also issues of suspicion and distrust. I was very difficult to deal with when I first met my husband, and occasionally I still am. I lacked a large portion of the tools needed to deal with tough personal situations, including everything from outward self-control to my very understanding of what was happening at any given moment while I was upset. It was psychotic. I would not have dealt with that if I didn?t sit down after the fire and affirm to myself that if I want to be everything I?m reaching for, I have to take a hit here in this moment and it will be worked out soon enough. I affirmed to myself that continuing to be sad and mad and suspicious of everything would inherently make me a nobody, I would get nowhere and nothing, and it would be in spite of every talent I?ve learned and all the opportunity I have managed to glean in 20 years. I really hated that notion, I was insulted by it as it flew in the face of everything I had earned and worked for, and I let it fuel my reason to push forward when I did not feel anything for what?s going on.

All things considered, you?re not over and done with until you say so. That?s the stupid part about ?quitters?, they?re only losers because they gave up. In a way, the real losers are the people who don?t bother to play ? even somebody who starts out sucking at the game will get better and might luck out, if for nothing else than the fact that they?re trying. In my opinion, in normal terms you probably already have all of the talent and skill you need to go far, so I really wouldn?t worry about that. If you can manage to work your depression down, you will find that you already have everything else that anyone might suggest for making a great career (friends, spontaniety, an inner critic that isn?t overwhelming you, etc).

Back