• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The (Un)official Pokemon GB/C Hacking Support Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 20, 2020
My computer, lightly said, is a fag. My dad is cloning a DVD for two hours now with 0kb transferred, and he's gone for a while.

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 20, 2020
I'm signing up I'm hacking pokemon gold and I need to find a place to learn asm.

Look up Z80 tutorials on the Internet, it can help you. It WILL take time, I'm not learning it yet. (And I'd rather port the game to the Wii using C)

slim spazzy

Kik: spazzyda59
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jan 15, 2017
please add my name to the list.I support this thread and i felt the secondgen was better

Years
  • Seen Jan 9, 2011
Um, lemme throw in my hat as a supporter. I can't hack yet, but when I start to suck a bit less, I think I'll work with the the GB/C bases only. Something about them hold an old-school charm over me. But till then, I can be used as an idea guy, if you want.

Gemini Pika

Sprite Master
Years
I've recently decided to try and make a hack using Pokemon Gold as the base. I have to say it actually gets me to learn how the games work and such instead of always relying tools. I find a bit more fun to hack GB/C pokemon games rather than GBA ones.

I fully support Pokemon GB/C hacking, it's fun! =D

Last edited:

miksy91

Dark Energy is back in action! ;)
Years
I've recently decided to try and make a hack using Pokemon Gold as the base. I have to say it actually gets me to learn how the games work and such instead of always relying tools. I find a bit more fun to hack GB/C pokemon games rather than GBA ones.

That's the spirit ;)
You should find a lot of useful tutorials for starting out in Skeetendo Inc.
Check my description too if you're not used to hex editing yet.

Years
  • Seen Jul 2, 2016
i totally support thissupport even though i am a bit of a failure at gb/c rom hacking. if anyone wants to help me learn to you can e-mail me (for some reason i cant access pokecommunity on my home computer on a regular basis) at [email protected]
anyhoo, sign me up for this

Saten Ruiko

» ^-^
Years

I never thought I'd write something like this here but ...

^this

I guess most people are tired of using the same base over and over again, hacking Pokémon GBA has become way too easy, so lets give it a try. (My first ROM I ever "hacked" was Pokémon Silver, yeah!)

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Feb 22, 2014
I tend to find that GSC ROM hacks are a lot better than 3rd generation hacks because a lot of people get scared away by the fact that there are not many tools for GSC and go off to hack the 3rd generation, leaving their strands of sub-par hackery over in that generation instead of the second.

Though I will admit I'm not the greatest hacker in the world (Coolboyman is, without a doubt), I keep pushing at it, trying to further my understanding of how the games work. Once you realise that the hexadecimal code actually means something, it's a lot easier to begin manipulating the code to do what you want it to do. The games are very well documented it seems, with the scripting compendium and the information on the Data Crystal wiki.

People who use tools aren't true hackers. As previously stated, they're simply editors, tweaking the game ever so slightly, barely impacting the storyline and drowning the community in "cookie-cutter" hacks, all following what seems to be the same template. What the hacks of Coolboyman have shown us is that the games don't have to follow that template, and with enough effort an entirely new game can be born out of an existing game. I don't see Prism as a hack, I see it as a new game built on the GSC engine. That's the sort of hacks we need to see.

PiaCRT

[i]Orange Dev[/i]
Years
I support this.

I've been dithering into ASM hacking and graphics editing Pokemon Yellow. Hopefully I can get some help here in the future.

miksy91

Years
Though I will admit I'm not the greatest hacker in the world (Coolboyman is, without a doubt)
Not gonna deny his greatness or anything but I wouldn't call Coolboyman the best second generation pokemon hacker (or at least without a doubt).
For example both IIMarckus and Tauwasser could do amazing work, just like Coolboyman, if they just wanted to but they don't happen to hack that much anymore.

Besides, for example in sites called Romhacking and Zophar's Domain you can also find awesome hackers but they don't hack pokemon though.

Years
  • Seen Jul 18, 2016
hey, new here and getting really interested in hacking crystal but I was wondering if there is a table file for Crystal somewhere? I know theres the Giegue's Master Guide but that it can be incorrect for crystal. Maybe someone knows how much is correct vs incorrect in that guide for this game? Thanks

miksy91

Years
hey, new here and getting really interested in hacking crystal but I was wondering if there is a table file for Crystal somewhere? I know theres the Giegue's Master Guide but that it can be incorrect for crystal. Maybe someone knows how much is correct vs incorrect in that guide for this game? Thanks
Crystal uses the same text table as the one for RBY and GS.

Years
  • Seen Oct 23, 2012
hey,i like it,i support this, i dont know that this thread exist,sory if i revive this,

i know hex hacking but i dont know how to repoint,and i want to learn it in easy way. T.T

and ASM also.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back