• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Elite Battle 2015: Gen 5 battle skin

Years
Elite Battle is great, but after that was updated scripts I have a problem with the size of the images of "Pokémon" in battle, before the old format they were normal, but now this new battle screen model, the Pokémon are giants.
Note: This only happens with Pokémon of the player, of the opposing coaches are normal, as sshown below.

Look at the picture of Pikachu, as an example of the problem.
i.imgur.com/wgLeRWv.png
i.imgur.com/VapgWDJ.png

Sorry if this error has been answered and explained before, but found nothing about it.

Hi there

It's best to completely reinstall EBS by deleting all the scripts related to it and adding the latest scripts. I've had a few weird things fixed by just reinstalling the scripts.

If you've made any edits to the scripts then you'll have to redo them once you reinstall EBS. The size of the Pokemon are related to the POKEMONSPRITESIZE variable in the scripts, so it could be worth a look at that before you reinstall it.

Douwert

Custom shiny mugshot :)
Years
Hello, I have a question. I edited layer1 and hpBar.
But in game the hpBar is 3 pixels too low is there anyway to move it up in the script?
Also, Is it possible to use a different file for the foe's hpbar and layer1?

And I have this error when opening the sprite positioner.

Spoiler:

I have absolutely no idea what item.txt and the repel description has to do with EBS.
I didn't edit anything.

Last edited:
Years
Hello, I have a question. I edited layer1 and hpBar.
But in game the hpBar is 3 pixels too low is there anyway to move it up in the script?
Also, Is it possible to use a different file for the foe's hpbar and layer1?

And I have this error when opening the sprite positioner.

Spoiler:

I have absolutely no idea what item.txt and the repel description has to do with EBS.
I didn't edit anything.

Hi

Both these things are easy to do. To move the HpBar up, find the Y value of the HpBar in the scripts and subtract it by three. To change the graphic just find the source in the scripts by doing Ctrl + F (the find function) and typing in the name of the graphic. This should be in the Scene script. Of course if you wanted to do more, say have one graphic for the player HpBar, and a different one for the enemy HpBar, then you'll need to write your own method to do that.

The item.txt error means you've edited that text file somehow. The error is likely caused by you deleting one of the commas, which is important for defining each of the values in each comma section. Just go through the text file, find the line which is causing the issue, and have a look at the others so you know how the item that's causing the error should be laid out properly.

Douwert

Years
Thanks alot!

I looked trough the items.txt and didn't see anything unusual.
But that can't be the problem because my game starts without any problems.

Last edited:

Douwert

Years
I haven't posted enough lol.

Maybe now
uX2VZaj.png

The line.

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
Maybe now
uX2VZaj.png

The line.

Ah. Your missing the plural version of Repel. Between "Repel" and "1" there should be another comma section containing the word "Repels".

I can't check since I'm away but I know that v16 of essentials requires the plural of the respective item in the .txt file.

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Feb 1, 2017
This battle system is great.
But try having a double wild battle with pidgeotto as your second pokemon,
When you choose a move and go into the part where you choose the target, the first wild pokemon is almost completely covered and it took me a while to realize that it was behind the pidgeotto.
I know we shouldn't suggest features or anything but i think that when you are choosing the target, your pokemon should become slightly transparent.
Besides that, i hope you're having at least as much fun making this, as we are just looking at it

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 26, 2020
Hi there

It's best to completely reinstall EBS by deleting all the scripts related to it and adding the latest scripts. I've had a few weird things fixed by just reinstalling the scripts.

If you've made any edits to the scripts then you'll have to redo them once you reinstall EBS. The size of the Pokemon are related to the POKEMONSPRITESIZE variable in the scripts, so it could be worth a look at that before you reinstall it.

Thank you for your help.

I needed to change the scale of the Pokémon in battle of 2 for 1 and now working, everything is as it should be.

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen today
Where did you find the POKEMONSRITESIZE variable?

It's right at the top of the EliteBattle_Battle section.
Code:
# Various config constants used for sprite scaling  
# used to scale the trainer bitmaps to 200%
TRAINERSPRITESCALE = 2

# used to scale the Pokemon bitmaps to 200%
POKEMONSPRITESCALE = 2 

# used to scale the backsprite for battle perspective
BACKSPRITESCALE = 2

Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen Jun 16, 2019
It's right at the top of the EliteBattle_Battle section.
Code:
# Various config constants used for sprite scaling  
# used to scale the trainer bitmaps to 200%
TRAINERSPRITESCALE = 2

# used to scale the Pokemon bitmaps to 200%
POKEMONSPRITESCALE = 2 

# used to scale the backsprite for battle perspective
BACKSPRITESCALE = 2

Thanks an million!

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Nov 15, 2016
Guy Help?
Any Fix?
Code:
---------------------------
Pokemon Moonlight
Script 'Interpreter' line 276: RuntimeError occurred.

Script error within event 4, map 7 (MAP007):

Exception: NameError

Message: Section200:246:in `pbStartBattleCore'uninitialized constant PBWeather::HEAVYRAIN

***Full script:

pbTrainerBattle(PBTrainers::TEAMLEAF,"Grunt",_I("How do i lose.."),false,0,true)

Interpreter:243:in `pbExecuteScript'

PokeBattle_Battle:2296:in `pbStartBattle'

PTrainer_NPCTrainers:351:in `pbTrainerBattle'

PTrainer_NPCTrainers:350:in `pbSceneStandby'

PTrainer_NPCTrainers:352:in `pbTrainerBattle'

PTrainer_NPCTrainers:349:in `pbBattleAnimation'

PTrainer_NPCTrainers:349:in `pbTrainerBattle'

(eval):1:in `pbExecuteScript'

Interpreter:794:in `eval'

Interpreter:243:in `pbExecuteScript'

OK   

Blake7

To Ignite all people within our nation
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 30, 2018
Is it possible to reposition the hp and exp boxes to the position it is actually placed in the main games?

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 4, 2018
Hey I was wondering how I would go about removing the animation of your trainer throwing the pokeball at the beginning of the battle. Also when I send in a different pokemon, the ball goes out of the camera view and I'd like it to not do that. Any help is appreciated. Thanks

When will this be available for 16.2?

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Aug 21, 2016
Hello, I've been trying to use this in my game and it works beautifully! Really, the game looks amazing with all the stuff you've done. I have one problem though, whenever I catch a Shadow Pokemon (which is a big part of my game), I get an error like this: "Message: Section201:2333:in 'refresh'undefined method 'isShiny?' for nil:NilClass"
This may be something stupid I did on my part, and if it is, could anyone assist me with fixing it? I have all the latest scripts and graphics. Everything else works wonderfully and it's a shame I can't get Shadow Pokemon to work due to this error. If I could get any help with this at all, that would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Years
Thanks so much, Luka! This script is a life-saver, and it really does bring a nice polished look to the game!
Also loving the plug & play, nothing more annoying than having a newb at scripting (myself) trying to fiddle around with script sections and graphics.
It works amazingly, big thanks!

Years
Help plz!!! :D

I'm find a little bug!

this bug is

When I use the items shown.

After the backup again play but this bug show!

Bad English Sorry :9

Please help me!

1. <<< this is bug screen shot
postfiles15.naver.net/20160826_30/didwhdtjsz_1472214362203PWxFE_PNG/%C1%A6%B8%F1_%BE%F8%C0%BD.png?type=w3

2. <<< normal
postfiles3.naver.net/20160826_290/didwhdtjsz_1472214362406z6QdN_PNG/%C1%A6%B8%F1_%BE%F8%C0%BD2.png?type=w3

3. <<< normal
postfiles16.naver.net/20160826_175/didwhdtjsz_1472214362573vFVHB_PNG/%C1%A6%B8%F1_%BE%F8%C0%BD3.png?type=w3

Last edited:
Back