• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Mirage Of Tales

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 24, 2023
I'm assuming I'm about 3 years late to joining the Forums but better late than never.

Just another Pokemon lover, been playing Emerald and Fire Red Rom hacks for a long time now.
Came across ur game for the first time 2 days back ( yeah, took me long enough XD )

Loved the concept of your game and even played the one from 2014, it's still available in different places over the net.
I have played multiple romhacks, amazing ones even, but this is the first one to ever make me want to join the forum and seriously appreciate the idea and the insane amounts of effort u must be putting into it.

Kudos on your work, truly. And I hope to play the game the way u have imagined it in your mind. Looking forward to Beta 1.

Thanks a lot for taking the time to comment, I really appreciate it!

Don't forget us AVARA I can't handle such a long wait again seriously it's too hard for this fellow gamer ;)

Cheers for the support as always! The wait won't be too much longer if everything goes according to plan =P

**** im blind, now i saw it in the description, it says 1-6.
I guess not ALL pokemons from 1 to 6, right? but specific pokemons that have been chosen.

Nope, definitely not all Pokemon from 1-6, just a selection of my favourites! I feel like filling a Pokedex of 721 would be more tedious than fun (this is just my personal opinion). If I do expand the Pokedex it'll likely only be to 400-500 at the very maximum.

hey question is there a release date for when the download will be avaliable?

Damn this is a intresting game, when can I play it?

There is no estimated release date as of right now, but I have a pretty good rep of sticking to release dates when I set them. When I have one I can be sure of it'll be put in the thread title to save you checking back all the time x

Oh man is this hack ambitious! I really really want to play it, I've only got this beta from another site, and it's got some errors in it. But I can't wait to see it Done!

Thanks! I hope the wait won't be too long now if nothing unforeseen comes up =)

So, I'm a little confused. The post states the download was removed in September but was that September of this year (2017)? If so, is there an estimated date when the new download will be released? I came across this hack from watching RuffledRowlit on YouTube, and his video was posted in July of this year, so I can only assume that the download must have been taken down recently, but I would still like to know for sure. This game looks amazing, and I also wanted a Pokemon game where you can sort of choose your own adventure and play as something other than a trainer looking to defeat the Elite 4. That said, I really want to know if and when a new download link will be released.

The first edition of this project was out in 2013 when I'd just started with hacking and really sucked. I then revamped everything and released a short pre-Alpha based on FireRed a few months ago. Seeing as I'm switching ROM bases now, this makes both of the aforementioned versions outdated hence the removal of the download link.
Hope that has cleared some stuff up (I can see why you'd be confused) and thanks for commenting =)

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Aug 26, 2022
Thanks! I hope the wait won't be too long now if nothing unforeseen comes up =)

Why Thank you for replying! So do I, and I will say I'm doing a bit of marketing for ya (Spreading the good word around my friends) and I know it's going to measure up! This rom has a good shot of stealing number one from snakewood!

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Nov 13, 2023
@Avara
I totally agree, the more pokemons you have the less unique they will feel and play. The less pokemons u have the more diverse you can make each one of them, either stats wise, skill wise, evolution wise, etc. Hell you can even give like more than 1 evolution paths to each pokemon. And this is something you will never do if u already have tonz of them. :)

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Dec 22, 2020
The first edition of this project was out in 2013 when I'd just started with hacking and really sucked. I then revamped everything and released a short pre-Alpha based on FireRed a few months ago.

Well thats just not true! I really enjoyed the first version. There were some bugs and issues but it was something different and really fun. Looking forward to the new version.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen May 29, 2022
is it wrong that I want this game like a million times more than I wanted ultra moon

Tunak23

Blurson Of the Shore
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jan 26, 2024
It's nearly there...Come on AVARA give us the beta as a Christmas gift 😘
And I agree the games of the community understand better the concept of the Pokémon World than US/UM did.

Last edited:

BugCatcher34

If you release new beta of this game Just inform me
And send me a Link to downloading
Im soooo exited ☺☺☺

Trainer 766

If you release new beta of this game Just inform me
And send me a Link to downloading
Im soooo exited ☺☺☺

Just bookmark this thread to keep an eye on updates and download link will always be up in the OP. Simple.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 30, 2018
Can anyone help me with the cheats? I'm using my boy emulator and every time I enter the codes to get lucky eggs through the pc it doesn't work. Also tried using other cheats for the lucky eggs and none are working

BugCatcher34

Can anyone help me with the cheats? I'm using my boy emulator and every time I enter the codes to get lucky eggs through the pc it doesn't work. Also tried using other cheats for the lucky eggs and none are working
Did you watch video on YouTube about cheats?

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 24, 2023
Hi, everyone!

Obligatory post just to let you all know MoT hasn't been abandoned or anything, I've more or less finished porting everything from FR to EM, got carried away adding/replacing tiles and also decided some parts of the story needed a rewrite to be more inclusive to some of the new careers and side-activities you'll be able to take part in. IRL I've switched jobs recently so been a bit caught up with that, so sorry for the non-update haha.

All the best for 2018!

Years
Hi, everyone!

Obligatory post just to let you all know MoT hasn't been abandoned or anything, I've more or less finished porting everything from FR to EM, got carried away adding/replacing tiles and also decided some parts of the story needed a rewrite to be more inclusive to some of the new careers and side-activities you'll be able to take part in. IRL I've switched jobs recently so been a bit caught up with that, so sorry for the non-update haha.

All the best for 2018!

No biggie..take all the time u want...you working hard to deliver us such an awesome hack is a gift in itself
And thanks for posting!

Alex_Mercer

Avid Game Lover
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Dec 4, 2021
Happy New Year to you too.

We shall wait patiently for the beta then, good luck with the new job.
Btw, can anyone tell me if there's a discord server for this game ?
Cant seem to find it.

Cheers.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen May 29, 2022
I'm honestly conflicted I want the game really fast but I'm also happy it's taking a long time because it means the game will be that much higher of quality

Tunak23

Blurson Of the Shore
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jan 26, 2024
Hi, everyone!

All the best for 2018!

Yay happy new year to you dear AVARA!
Don't worry about us(your lazy followers) we don't care about the game release as long as the wait is worth it.And yeah work life suuucks a lot,all support dealing with that stuff,Stay cool Avara don´t push yourself too hard get some rest when you are able.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 11, 2023
Hey, Avara. I'm not sure which version of the game I was playing, but I got so into the game, then hit a roadblock when I was unable to get the surf license 😭 (the game freezes when talking to the receptionist). I am really glad you are still working on the game, and wanted to know if I was playing the latest version, of if you are still working on a new version to fix the bugs. This is the best pkm so far imo, and thank you so much for putting this together!

Back