• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Speech bubble message system v0.6

Allgamesdude

The Creator of the WIP game, Pokémon Cosmic. Looki
Years
Even after looking through all the posts here, I still cannot figure out how to have the speech bubble get to the bottom of the screen when the event talking is on the top of the screen. Can someone help? Like, the speech bubble is covering the event....

Pokegod

Allgamesdude

The Creator of the WIP game, Pokémon Cosmic. Looki
Years
How would I go about to fix this?

Hello.

I am using the Speech Bubble System by Carmaniac, and have encountered a problem. The script works fine and all, but I have a scene in my game where the scene is laid out as follows.

Giratina
Dialga Palkia
Arceus

And when giratina speaks, it covers his sprite. How would I fix this? I have already asked on the script section, and have waited 20 days, but nobody has posted anything new post wise, or anything in general on that thread. How would I fix this?

Thanks

Pokegod

Chrisario

Friend code :0018 2912 2366 let me know
Years
how do you use this for Ds essentials.
To make it work normally what do you need to change in the script.

carmaniac

Where the pickle surprise at?
Years
Sorry everyone for not replying on here lately, got too engrossed with sorting life out in general. This script is pretty outdated now with a fair amount of bugs, I've unfortunately got very little intention in getting back into game development any time soon so seems the script may be inactive for a while when it comes to the updates side of things. If I see fit to do so, I may come back to essentials at a future date to continue making addons.

The script at the moment is not compatible with the DS Essentials project, though isn't too hard to go around line 1200 in pokemon messages and play around with the viewports of the code. Sorry for the lack of updates and replys everyone, hope to soon get back into the community when I get time.

mustafa505

Aeon Developer
Years
carmaniacs bubble script help

Hi, i am using carmaniacs bubble script system, i wanted the older version which makes the bubble looks like this:
BubbleMessage_zpscc1f5fb5.png

The newer version of his bubble system runs like b/w but i want the older one like the image, can anyone help or show me how to make it look like this??

Zeak6464

Zeak #3205 - Discord
Years
  • Age 31
  • USA
  • Seen Oct 9, 2023
excuseme, but i cannot find a download link in ess wikia?

There is no download link... this is all added by hand...
on wiki page there is a tutorial on how to "install" it ... it's more like how to add it to your game

Black Eternity

Lord of Eternity
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 30, 2016
There is no download link... this is all added by hand...
on wiki page there is a tutorial on how to "install" it ... it's more like how to add it to your game

The wiki page was messed up for this tutorial, so I have edited it to remove the "template" that
was causing nothing but a blank page.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jan 17, 2017
Changing Bubblytextbox size

Changing Bubblytextbox size

Wanna have it like "Pokemon Phoenix Rising" or "Pokemon Spectrum".

Last edited by a moderator:

Telemetius

Tele*
Years
Ah sorry! I thought you were asking which one was better cause I didn't read the title!

Try fiddling with this part:

Code:
if $Bubble==1
         msgwindow.setSkin("Graphics/windowskins/frlgtextskin")
         msgwindow.height = 100
         msgwindow.width = 400

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Aug 31, 2023
ok so ive followed the instructions but the speech arrows wont show just the bubble chat box
im using essentials 16.2 if that helps

carmaniac

Where the pickle surprise at?
Years
You wont be able to find any of the old versions of the script as it was only up long enough for a couple of people to download it. That was a bit of a mistake uploading it to begin with. Although with a bit of reading up, it's not too difficult to modify the scripts to change the appearance and function.

I'll probably one day get back into working with essentials again when I get the time to do so. Support at the moment for this script is none existent, at least until near the new year.

Back