• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Shiny Pokemon Thread

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Aug 31, 2013
Have not yet found one in my Pokémon White. First and only shiny I came across was about seven years ago in Firered, a shiny Slugma. Still remember it.. I desperately tried to catch it, he must have had about 1-10 HP left, but he just wouldn't get in the damn ultra ball xd
Had to give up... After I had bought new Ultra Balls I returned to the spot and the first, normal, slugma that appeared I immediately caught, first turn, full HP. Like srsly D:

So no shinies for me yet!

Akatsuki Ten

As It Is
Years
I got ANOTHER Tangela.
tn10456_50ea5992a47f7.jpg

Flushed

never eat raspberries
Years
  • Seen Nov 5, 2017
Besides the preset shinies, I haven't encountered one in the wild yet. I'm pretty sure this is the only generation too in which I haven't. To my chagrin, I found Pokecheck, and now I kind of don't appreciate shiny Pokemon as much. I do kind of wish I hadn't though and that every shiny could be worth more.

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Sep 17, 2019
While ev training, I found a shiny Swadloon, the first I have ever caught. I once found a shiny tentecool TWICE in a row, and i'm not even joking. I didn't catch them because I was 10 years old playing hg for the first time, and thought that it wasn't such a rare occurance. Plus, I hated tentecools.

KidCarter93

PokéTech Guy
Years
The only one I've came across so far was a lvl 54 Woobat in Clay Tunnel. It was my first time in there and it appeared on my second battle.
I almost killed it with a crit but luckily it survived and an ultra ball did the rest :)

Years
  • MA
  • Seen Sep 2, 2013
Early I stated how while I was breeding for EV training a Charizard, I had hatched a shiny Charmander.. I didn't touch in until now and I never knew that when it evolved into a Charizard it was almost completely Black. It's now one of my favorite and most prized Pokemon. Right next to my Alakazam that is.

Years
Whilst finding Eevee's in Castelia City, I found a shiny Rattata and called it Rabies. But the other day I was playing on Platinum and my Regirock got Pokerus! The first time I've ever got that so I sent Regi to B2 so that I can EV train pokemon quicker.

Salamence™

Gen 3♥
Years
In my pokemon white 2 jurney in Victory Road i found a Zweilous and it was shiny.
And i caught it.
Now it is lv. 100 shiny Hydragon!

Magic Magikarp

Magikarp is terrifying
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 8, 2013
Well I saw a shiny Onix, first shiny ever but one problem here was I had no Pokeballs. Thanks Obama -_-

Years
  • Age 34
  • USA
  • Seen Mar 22, 2014
Last night I caught a Shiny Kyurem in White 2, took about 8100 SRs. Really sweet looking.

OffRoadSP

Still working on Sun & Moon...
Years
Just caught a shiny Pelipper on Route 22!! Fourth shiny catch this gen. And, if memory serves correct, this also means I've caught one shiny on each of the 4 main series games (B/W/B2/W2).

Fay

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Sep 12, 2013
The only shiny I've ever encountered was one of the recent gifts from EBgames, and that was my first time ever downloading a pokemon. Felt awesome but I've never found a shiny naturally.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2014
While Audino training for the Elite four, I found and caught a Shiny Emolga in my black 2 file. :3

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen May 20, 2017
So far in my White 2 game i've found 3 shinies. First I bred a shiny Yanma which I evolved into Yanmega. Then i found shiny Meinshao that I caught while looking for a Beartic and a shiny Sandshrew that I found and caught at the desert resort.

Treetwig

Banned for being awesome
Years
I caught shiny cobalion in B2!! :). it took me 30+ resets and finally i caught this badass pokemon.In my W2 i caught shiny audino while exp.grinding

Years
  • Seen Aug 27, 2016
I killed a shiny Joltik I never even know about shinies until I got on the forum I thought the color difference was due to regions lol.

Back