• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Little Cup Challenge

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Mar 3, 2024
The Little Cup Challenge

Hi, Welcome to the Little Cup Challenge :) I give you a brief description : this is a challenge that involve using only Pokemon that have not yet evolved but are capable of evolutions. Of course, you'll have to finish the game without evolving them or else it would be a waste of time. To help you I made a list below with all available pokemon in Little Cup indexed by their typing and generations, it should make your life easier so feel free to use it ;) (If you find something wrong in it, please tell me, and I'll correct it as soon as possible ;))

Little Cup Pokemon

Monotypes
Spoiler:

Dual types
Spoiler:

Rules [UPDATED]
Spoiler:

Hacking/Trading Rules
Spoiler:

If you have any question, feel free to PM me, you can also post in there, it's up to you. Since I'm taking part in this challenge, I shoudn't have any problem noticing it.

Username:
Version: *If using a hack rom, please precise which one you are using and the base version
Challenge: Single (*One game completed), Semi-Ultimate (*see below), or Ultimate (*One game of each region completed, but now in three categories):
Pokemon of choice: (*You can choose from one pokemon up to six)

Simple
Spoiler:

Semi-Ultimate
Spoiler:

Ultimate
Spoiler:

I tried to make it as clear as possible, feel free to ask me if you have any question ;)

Single Challengers:
Spoiler:

Single Champions:
Spoiler:

Semi-Ultimate Challengers:
Spoiler:

Semi-Ultimate Champions:
Spoiler:

Ultimate Challengers:
Spoiler:

Ultimate Champions:
Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Mar 3, 2024
    Update n°1, challenge finished

Username: Strelok Legend
Version: Fire Red
Challenge: Single
Pokemon of choice: Houndour, Staryu, Exeggcute

Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Oct 8, 2018
Signing up with Gold.

--

Preliminary thoughts:
I want Magnemite, Houndour, and Gastly. They're the only eligible Steel, Dark, and Ghost-types, respectively.
I'm also interested in KENYA the Spearow, MUSCLE the Machop, and possibly ROCKY the Onix. My reason is that I really, really need EXP, since everything's underpowered, so abusing these Pokemon will give me a leg up.
As such I should probably go Totodile starter. I need something that can quickly take out Rock/Ground types, and enemy Water-types shouldn't be a concern with Magnemite. Plus, I need something with a snowball's chance in Cinnabar of surviving Clair's Kingdra.

--
Starting up. My planned route is Totodile starter, Gastly from Sprout Tower and a Bellsprout trade, KENYA and MUSCLE picked up at Goldenrod, and Magnemite near Olivine. Anything other than that is likely to be an HM jockey.

Spoiler:

Stopping here because four of my Pokemon have the same level and that's aesthetically nice for posting purposes.

Spoiler:

[FONT=&quot]After [FONT=&quot]many attempts, I beat the Elite Four!

[/FONT][/FONT][/FONT]
81.gif

M. Coil the Magnemite (L62) | Everstone
Zap Cannon | Lock-On | Thunder Wave | Swift

95.gif

ROCKY the Onix (L40 [FONT=&quot]♂[/FONT]) | Amulet Coin
Strength | Screech | Sandstorm | Rock Throw

21.gif

KENYA the Spearow (L58 [FONT=&quot]♂[/FONT]) | Everstone
Drill Peck | Pursuit | Mirror Move | Fly

158.gif

Sobek the Totodile (L54 [FONT=&quot]♂[/FONT]) | NeverMeltIce
Surf | Bite | Slash | Icy Wind

66.gif

MUSCLE the Machop (L49[FONT=&quot]♀) | Everstone
[FONT=&quot]Cross Chop[/FONT] | Seismic Toss | [FONT=&quot]Foresight[/FONT] | [FONT=&quot]Vital Throw[/FONT]

92.gif

AGATHA the Gastly (L[FONT=&quot]69[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]♀) | Everstone
Hypnosis | [FONT=&quot]Night Shade[/FONT] | Curse | [FONT=&quot]Dream Eater

[FONT=&quot]AG[FONT=&quot]ATHA was [FONT=&quot]far and away the MVP with [FONT=&quot]Hypnosis spam.[/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT] M. Coil was the secondary MVP. I have to admit that overwriting Thunder[FONT=&quot]shock with Zap Cannon was a real screw-up, due to the ensuing PP limitations[FONT=&quot]; if I had [FONT=&quot]to redo it, I suppose I'd delete[FONT=&quot] Swift instead. [/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT]MUSCL[FONT=&quot]E proved powerful[FONT=&quot] once I leveled her, [/FONT][/FONT]a[FONT=&quot]llowing for a quick dispatching of Umbreon. KENYA eventually be[FONT=&quot]came strong enough that she could OHKO Jynx (!) and otherwise take down several of Will's Pokemon[/FONT][/FONT], [FONT=&quot]lessen[/FONT]ing the steady healing items drain that I needed to overcome for [FONT=&quot]Lance. I did have to unequip Sobek's [FONT=&quot]usual Everstone for NeverMeltIce[/FONT][/FONT] to overcome the Dragonite [FONT=&quot]horrorshow[FONT=&quot], but [FONT=&quot]manually pressing B was worth a [FONT=&quot]Championship.[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot] [/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT]
[/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Kanto is next![/FONT]
[/FONT][/FONT]

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Mar 3, 2024
    Note : Orginal Post has been updated concerning end game points to make it more accessible to players (as for exemple, one could find it annoying to be forced to beat Red on Mt Silver in order to beat the challenge in Gold/Silver/Crystal/Heart Gold/Soul Silver).

Signing up with Gold.

--

Preliminary thoughts:
I want Magnemite, Houndour, and Gastly. They're the only eligible Steel, Dark, and Ghost-types, respectively.
I'm also interested in KENYA the Spearow, MUSCLE the Machop, and possibly ROCKY the Onix. My reason is that I really, really need EXP, since everything's underpowered, so abusing these Pokemon will give me a leg up.
As such I should probably go Totodile starter. I need something that can quickly take out Rock/Ground types, and enemy Water-types shouldn't be a concern with Magnemite. Plus, I need something with a snowball's chance in Cinnabar of surviving Clair's Kingdra.

--
Starting up. My planned route is Totodile starter, Gastly from Sprout Tower and a Bellsprout trade, KENYA and MUSCLE picked up at Goldenrod, and Magnemite near Olivine. Anything other than that is likely to be an HM jockey.

Spoiler:

Stopping here because four of my Pokemon have the same level and that's aesthetically nice for posting purposes.

Spoiler:

[FONT=&quot]After [FONT=&quot]many attempts, I beat the Elite Four!

[/FONT][/FONT][/FONT]
81.gif

M. Coil the Magnemite (L62) | Everstone
Zap Cannon | Lock-On | Thunder Wave | Swift

95.gif

ROCKY the Onix (L40 [FONT=&quot]♂[/FONT]) | Amulet Coin
Strength | Screech | Sandstorm | Rock Throw

21.gif

KENYA the Spearow (L58 [FONT=&quot]♂[/FONT]) | Everstone
Drill Peck | Pursuit | Mirror Move | Fly

158.gif

Sobek the Totodile (L54 [FONT=&quot]♂[/FONT]) | NeverMeltIce
Surf | Bite | Slash | Icy Wind

66.gif

MUSCLE the Machop (L49[FONT=&quot]♀) | Everstone
[FONT=&quot]Cross Chop[/FONT] | Seismic Toss | [FONT=&quot]Foresight[/FONT] | [FONT=&quot]Vital Throw[/FONT]

92.gif

AGATHA the Gastly (L[FONT=&quot]69[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]♀) | Everstone
Hypnosis | [FONT=&quot]Night Shade[/FONT] | Curse | [FONT=&quot]Dream Eater

[FONT=&quot]AG[FONT=&quot]ATHA was [FONT=&quot]far and away the MVP with [FONT=&quot]Hypnosis spam.[/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT] M. Coil was the secondary MVP. I have to admit that overwriting Thunder[FONT=&quot]shock with Zap Cannon was a real screw-up, due to the ensuing PP limitations[FONT=&quot]; if I had [FONT=&quot]to redo it, I suppose I'd delete[FONT=&quot] Swift instead. [/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT]MUSCL[FONT=&quot]E proved powerful[FONT=&quot] once I leveled her, [/FONT][/FONT]a[FONT=&quot]llowing for a quick dispatching of Umbreon. KENYA eventually be[FONT=&quot]came strong enough that she could OHKO Jynx (!) and otherwise take down several of Will's Pokemon[/FONT][/FONT], [FONT=&quot]lessen[/FONT]ing the steady healing items drain that I needed to overcome for [FONT=&quot]Lance. I did have to unequip Sobek's [FONT=&quot]usual Everstone for NeverMeltIce[/FONT][/FONT] to overcome the Dragonite [FONT=&quot]horrorshow[FONT=&quot], but [FONT=&quot]manually pressing B was worth a [FONT=&quot]Championship.[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot] [/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT]
[/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Kanto is next![/FONT]
[/FONT][/FONT]

Wow, first, thank you for signing up :) (Can't believe it happened o_O must be a dream ;-; or something like that :3c)

More seriously, congratulations ^^ I deeply appreciate that commentary, we can see right of the bat that you took it with determination ;) Also, I have to say you have a nice team, mostly balanced and it seems really effective :) I noticed that you gave some capitalized names while two of the members have decapitalized names, why ? :) Anyway, you started with a strategy in mind, which prove, at least for me, that you're skilled {:3} I agree for the Miltank part, that this Pokemon can be a real pain depending of one's team, I hated it most of the time xD

Indeed, Thundershock is preferable to Zap-Cannon due to horrid PP and it can lead to embarrassing situations x( Moreover, I personnaly use Ice/Electric combo or Ground/Ice coverage and pairing it with Fighting/Ghost coverage to make sure nothing could resist my team defensively :)

Anyway, thanks for playing, and I'm looking forward next regions as well ;) (I added your team in Single Champions)

Florges

The Garden Pokémon
Years
Username: Florges
Version: Blue
Pokemon of choice: (*From one pokemon up to six chosen): Squirtle, Nidoran M, Pikachu, Clefairy, Vulpix, and Ryhorn

BlissyMKW

Rawr
Years
Let's see how many of these I can do before Sun and Moon come out.

Username:
BlissyMKW
Version: Red
Pokemon of choice: Squirtle without a doubt, but I typically add onto my team as I go along.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Mar 3, 2024
Username: Florges
Version: Blue
Pokemon of choice: (*From one pokemon up to six chosen): Squirtle, Nidoran M, Pikachu, Clefairy, Vulpix, and Ryhorn

Let's see how many of these I can do before Sun and Moon come out.

Username:
BlissyMKW
Version: Red
Pokemon of choice: Squirtle without a doubt, but I typically add onto my team as I go along.

???Original Post updated to include both of you :) Thanks for signing in ^^ I wish you good luck ;) As for me, well, I'll sign up for Emerald (after changing my mind numerous time, I'll finally pick Totodile ~_~)

Username:
Strelok Legend
Version: Emerald
Pokemon of choice: Totodile

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 20
  • Seen Dec 16, 2016
This seems interesting, so I have decided to give it a shot!
Username: FlowersForPopplio
Version: X
Pokemon of choice: Fennekin - Fang - Timid
Fletchling - Raven - Naughty
[ Pikachu was removed because he is not in the Little Cup tier. ]
Bulbasaur - Ivy - Brave
Honedge - Evertale - Hasty
Espurr - Meowori - Modest

Last edited:

Florges

The Garden Pokémon
Years
LmVpKnU.png

I came to the conclusion if I ever do this challenge again, I am making sure I have hold items. Poor babies suffered a lot, especially during the Elite Four + Champion. ;A;

Thoughts on team:

Bubbles (Squirtle) put in a lot of work for the team. He was able to take hits after learning withdrawl, so he was definitely the tankiest member of the team.

Chubby (Pikachu) did a lot better once it boosted up to level 10... and it was short lived after that. He helped a lot against Sabrina, though, since he could outspeed most of her Pokemon. But he struggled so much during the Elite 4.

Inky (Nidoran) was the best hitter. I was getting a lot of crits with her in each gym!

Faerii (Clefairy) helped a lot with her massive movepool. Thank goodness I was able to find one with ease this time around!

Charming (Vulpix) helped mostly against Koga and Erika. She did help a lot against the Elite Four as well, but she was still quite frail.

And lastly, Digby (Diglet) was able to avoid a lot of the time, which was nice. He mostly helped against Lt. Surge.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Mar 3, 2024
This seems interesting, so I have decided to give it a shot!
Username: FlowersForPopplio
Version: X
Pokemon of choice: Fennekin - Fang - Timid
Fletchling - Raven - Naughty
[ Pikachu was removed because he is not in the Little Cup tier. ]
Bulbasaur - Ivy - Brave
Honedge - Evertale - Hasty
Espurr - Meowori - Modest

Well, considering you have only 2 posts, I'm honored that you took part of this challenge, hope you'll enjoy it ;) I registered your team into the Single Challengers (well I haven't noticed for the Pikachu not being in Little Cup Tier, I'm not really observative x( ) Anyway good luck doing this ;)

LmVpKnU.png

I came to the conclusion if I ever do this challenge again, I am making sure I have hold items. Poor babies suffered a lot, especially during the Elite Four + Champion. ;A;

Thoughts on team:

Bubbles (Squirtle) put in a lot of work for the team. He was able to take hits after learning withdrawl, so he was definitely the tankiest member of the team.

Chubby (Pikachu) did a lot better once it boosted up to level 10... and it was short lived after that. He helped a lot against Sabrina, though, since he could outspeed most of her Pokemon. But he struggled so much during the Elite 4.

Inky (Nidoran) was the best hitter. I was getting a lot of crits with her in each gym!

Faerii (Clefairy) helped a lot with her massive movepool. Thank goodness I was able to find one with ease this time around!

Charming (Vulpix) helped mostly against Koga and Erika. She did help a lot against the Elite Four as well, but she was still quite frail.

And lastly, Digby (Diglet) was able to avoid a lot of the time, which was nice. He mostly helped against Lt. Surge.

Well I have to say congratulations for pulling this of, Blue can be difficult sometimes, especially with babies x) It seems you manage to go through it, you deserve your place in Single Champions, without any doubt ;)

Major update : The original post was updated with a list of all Pokemon available in Little Cup, they're indexed by type (Mono or Dual types in alphabetical order) and games. They shoud all be there, but when it comes to Dual Typing, it can be tricky, for exemple Geodude is a Rock/Ground type, not a Ground/Rock type, for Rhyhorn, it's the opposite, be careful while searching. Anyway hope it will help ;) (Because I literally died making it during two days, and I finished just three hours ago)

Update n°2 : Challenge finished (Emerald with Tododile). What to say ? Everything went smoothly because Tododile is OP, except Wattson who turned out to be a real pain (as expected needed a few tries) but I bought the TM13 Ice Beam and by Luck, manage to froze his last two pokemons (aka Magneton and Manectric). And the Mossdeep City Gym with Tate and Liza was hard because of the latter's Lunatone and it's Lightscreen that excerb the damage of my Surf. (Thanks you critical hit :)), Juan wasn't that difficult, rather long to take down. Now for the Elite 4, it went smoothly as well but the speed of Drake's dragons was a real pain even with Ice Beam. And finally I took down the Champion Wallace with a lot of full restore to stall his attacks.

Spoiler:

I'll sign up again :
Version: Fire Red, Emerald, Heart Gold, Platinum, White, Y
Challenge: Ultimate
Pokemon of choice: Vulpix

EDIT : I changed my mind (for the third and last time I promise) and finally decided to go with Vulpix.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 20
  • Seen Dec 16, 2016
I mainly chose Honedge because of it's huge defense, although it's special defense is rather lacking..I might put an Eviolite on it, just in case. Espurr was chosen since it was fast, had a stab right from the start and Fennekin will never turn into a Delphox so yeah.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Mar 3, 2024
I mainly chose Honedge because of it's huge defense, although it's special defense is rather lacking..I might put an Eviolite on it, just in case. Espurr was chosen since it was fast, had a stab right from the start and Fennekin will never turn into a Delphox so yeah.

Well, I understand you on that point, as I hate Delphox, I like Fennekin and Braixen, but Delphox... -_- That fur... these clothes... that design in general, yeah I hate it x) Next is Honedge, he has indeed a horrid Special Defense so yeah, an Eviolite might compensate :) And for Espurr, I thought he was chosen for it's cuteness but I was wrong it seems xD

Years
  • Age 20
  • Seen Dec 16, 2016
    Well, I understand you on that point, as I hate Delphox, I like Fennekin and Braixen, but Delphox... -_- That fur... these clothes... that design in general, yeah I hate it x) Next is Honedge, he has indeed a horrid Special Defense so yeah, an Eviolite might compensate :) And for Espurr, I thought he was chosen for it's cuteness but I was wrong it seems xD

Actually I love Delphox, since in my first save file I picked Fennekin. I have it still in my Alpha Sapphire, now lvl 100, alongside the Absol, Lucario, Blastoise and Sylveon. Espurr's base special attack ain't too shabby, I just have to find a water type pokemon. My Honedge is a female though.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Mar 3, 2024
Actually I love Delphox, since in my first save file I picked Fennekin. I have it still in my Alpha Sapphire, now lvl 100, alongside the Absol, Lucario, Blastoise and Sylveon. Espurr's base special attack ain't too shabby, I just have to find a water type pokemon. My Honedge is a female though.

My bad, I misunderstood your post, anyway for your team, there are plentora of water types but if I remember correctly, the good rod is pretty far in the game. I'm not really used to the X/Y games yet, as I don't really like them (maybe I'm too attached to previous generations's style). I'm not really knowledgable with Gen VI and it's gonna get worse with Gen VII which sounds really bad to me.

Years
  • Age 20
  • Seen Dec 16, 2016
    My bad, I misunderstood your post, anyway for your team, there are plentora of water types but if I remember correctly, the good rod is pretty far in the game. I'm not really used to the X/Y games yet, as I don't really like them (maybe I'm too attached to previous generations's style). I'm not really knowledgable with Gen VI and it's gonna get worse with Gen VII which sounds really bad to me.

I have yet to grab the old rod, so I'll go back to Ambrette. Although, I am planning on breeding a Dratini, to trade over to X. Dratini can learn surf, and a dragon type is never bad.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 20
  • Seen Dec 16, 2016
Well, I have come a bit far since I started.

Spoiler:

http://www.serebii.net/xy/pokemon/653.png
Fang - Timid - LV. 33

http://www.serebii.net/xy/pokemon/661.png
Raven - Naughty - LV. 32

http://www.serebii.net/xy/pokemon/001.png
Ivy - Brave - LV.35

http://www.serebii.net/xy/pokemon/679.png
Evertale - Hasty - LV. 32

http://www.serebii.net/xy/pokemon/677.png
Meowori - Modest - LV.31

http://www.serebii.net/xy/pokemon/147.png
Pearl - Jolly - LV.31

BlissyMKW

Rawr
Years
So after being hit by the hard reality that Pikachu doesn't learn Thunderbolt by level up in Red and Blue, I think the time has come for a team update since I've finally made some progress.

007.png

Bowser Jr. (Squirtle) Lv. 23
Moves: Bite, Tail Whip, Bubble, Water Gun

025.png

Electra (Pikachu) Lv. 25
Moves: Thundershock, Growl, Thunder Wave, Quick Attack

050.png

Dig Dug (Diglett) Lv. 21
Moves: Scratch, Growl, Dig

After the S.S. Anne, Dig Dug is going to mop the floor with Surge's gym, and after that, it'll be time to rework my plans since I learned that Meowth isn't available in Red. Fantastic, isn't it? If I do decide to go through with it all now, I'll edit my post. Otherwise, that's where the squad stands right now.

Spoiler:

http://www.serebii.net/xy/pokemon/653.png
Fang - Timid - LV. 33

http://www.serebii.net/xy/pokemon/661.png
Raven - Naughty - LV. 32

http://www.serebii.net/xy/pokemon/001.png
Ivy - Brave - LV.35

http://www.serebii.net/xy/pokemon/679.png

http://www.serebii.net/xy/pokemon/677.png
Meowori - Modest - LV.31

http://www.serebii.net/xy/pokemon/147.png
Pearl - Jolly - LV.31

If you want to make those links actual images, all you gotta do is put IMG tags between them. Trust me, it makes things look a bit better than just a bunch of links. Not trying to be a stizh or anything, just throwing it out there.

Years
  • Age 20
  • Seen Dec 16, 2016
So after being hit by the hard reality that Pikachu doesn't learn Thunderbolt by level up in Red and Blue, I think the time has come for a team update since I've finally made some progress.

007.png

025.png

Electra (Pikachu) Lv. 25

050.png

Dig Dug (Diglett) Lv. 21

After the S.S. Anne, Dig Dug is going to mop the floor with Surge's gym, and after that, it'll be time to rework my plans since I learned that Meowth isn't available in Red. Fantastic, isn't it? If I do decide to go through with it all now, I'll edit my post. Otherwise, that's where the squad stands right now.

If you want to make those links actual images, all you gotta do is put IMG tags between them. Trust me, it makes things look a bit better than just a bunch of links. Not trying to be a stizh or anything, just throwing it out there.

Yes, I was unsure of how to do it so I just put the simple links. Thank you for telling me though.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Mar 3, 2024

Spoiler:

653.png

Fang - Timid - LV. 33

661.png

Raven - Naughty - LV. 32

001.png

Ivy - Brave - LV.35

679.png

677.png

Meowori - Modest - LV.31

147.png

Pearl - Jolly - LV.31

Great job for assembling a nice team and getting to that point, it seems that from now on, you won't experiment that much trouble if your team is used correctly ;) Anyway I'm updating the first post with your actual team :)

007.png

025.png

Electra (Pikachu) Lv. 25

050.png

Dig Dug (Diglett) Lv. 21

Yeah, he learns it in Yellow but not in Red/Blue, I didn't knew that though. Anyway you did nice to get on the third gym and seems to have a beginning good team to move forward :) I'm sure you'll find a solution to the Meowth issue (even if I understand your deception x( ) May I suggest you to get a Growlithe since it's Fire typing will prove useful on the 4th gym and is exclusive to Red (available on Route 7 & 8). Moreover, you can have up to 280 coins at Game Corner (Given to you or hidden on the floor) and if you can get to 3300 coins, you could teach Dragon Rage to Growlithe by TM since he learns it this way. But this is a simple advice, in the end it's up to you :) As for me, I'll update the main post with your team as it is now ;)

Ultimate Little Cup Run Update

Version: Fire

Spoiler:

Version: Emerald

Spoiler:

Version: Heart Gold

Spoiler:

Version: Platinum

Spoiler:

Version: White

Spoiler:

It would be too long to tell all the details on each run, but I can say that I used the same tactic on all of them, aka keeping myself overleveled and trying to get a movepool that can lead me to victory. At each start of game, I EV-train my pokemon to make sure it's stats are maximised (i.e. the Speed and Special Attack of Vulpix, and even a little of his physical defense). Games themselves aren't that difficult, just have items to heal, restoring PP if needed, learn the right attacks to check opponents that have type advantage (Gyarados is a real pain btw).
    I trained mostly with trainers that give lots of experience using vs seeker (except in white of course which took me more time). I admit that level 100 in Fire Red was overkill but I wanted to be prepared for worst cases. There were some points in each games that gave me trouble such as type advantage Gym leaders mainly, some of the E4 (in white especially). Apart from these, Rivals battle weren't that difficult and other trainers were beaten smoothly if not avoided. I was happy because from gen IV onward, Vulpix gained Energy Ball which was a really useful move to counter water, ground and rock type mostly, everything else was burned to ashes by a STABbed Drought + Charcoal powered Flamethrower. At last, I had to use Fast Forward function to go faster because progression would be to slow, at least for me x)

There's still Y version to complete the challenge however, I'll do it later :)

Last edited:

BlissyMKW

Rawr
Years
Mother. Of. Arceus. That end was brutal. I abused the hell out of heal spamming and Revives, but we did it. I finished the game. Let me tell you, doing the Elite Four with Lv. 40 unevolved mons sucked. Sure, maybe abusing the speed up button like a horse rider was a bad idea which led to some problems, but that doesn't matter now.

Team Zero (Final)

b1bd86f776e64e41b95e73774af5fc95.png

007.png

Bowser Jr. (Squirtle) Lv. 47
Final Stats: 119/68/87/59/62
Moves: Strength, Withdraw, Ice Beam, Surf

025.png

Electra (Pikachu) Lv. 42
Final Stats: 100/69/40/95/57
Moves: Thundershock, Swift, Thunder Wave, Quick Attack

050.png

Dig Dug (Diglett) Lv. 43
Final Stats: 78/71/48/99/60
Moves: Slash, Rock Slide, Earthquake, Sand-Attack

058.png

Shiranui (Growlithe) Lv. 41
Final Stats: 111/85/50/75/61
Moves: Double-Edge, Dig, Fire Blast, Body Slam

092.png

Jasper (The Very Unfriendly Ghost) (Gastly)
Final Stats: 109/62/56/103/116
Moves: Mega Drain, Confuse Ray, Thunderbolt, Psychic

I can say without a doubt that Jasper was the MVP of this squad. Sure, early on, Electra was higher up in terms of levels and overall use, but as the game went on (and the fact I was highly considering teaching Thunderbolt to Jasper instead of Electra considering her Attack stat is higher). Yes, I know mons in Gen 1 are genderless, but when I make up the nicknames, I use them from prior playthroughs, and I always name my female Pikachus Electra, so ye. Anyway, her use started to drop while Dig Dug and Jasper started to steal the spotlight. Bowser Jr. was mostly just kinda there since I had Dig Dug around, but he put in his share of the work towards the end of the game when we started facing more Ground and Fire types, along with Giovanni at Silph Co and in Viridian Gym. Plus, he basically instakilled any Rhyhorn/Rhydon we ran into with Surf...like a boss.

Shiranui, however, I'd have to say would be my LVP. He was barely usable, struggled big time in Celadon Gym because Ember sucks and the only alternative I had at the time was Body Slam via TM. I tried to give him chances, but until I gave him moves like Double-Edge and eventually Dig during Silph Co, he wasn't too useful aside from the occasional Grass type. Growlithe may improve in later generations with better TM choices, but this time around, he was just overshadowed by much better mons like Jasper, Dig Dug, and even Bowser Jr.

Oh, and honorable mention to Electra. If it wasn't for Alakazam being an idiot turn 1 and using Reflect so she could Thunder Wave it and make sure the rest of the team could chip away at it before they could get blown back by Psybeam, it would've been over.

Welp, that's one run complete...out of 7. While I'd love to go and move on to the next generation, I have some unfinished Nuzlocke business to attend to first. Once that's done, though, we'll be back for the next chapter. Chapter 2: The Best Region Ever Made - The Little Cup Experience When Whitney's Miltank Runs House on Everything. Thank you, and enjoy Sun and Moon Release Day.

Back