• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

♠ The Art of RNG ♠ | RNG Guides [OLD]

Bring challenges back?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gonzo

RNG Sommelier
Years
Time for my entry! :D

Articuno ♁
3.png
(lvl 50)
144.png
012.png

Nature: Timid || Ability: Pressure || OT: Camilla (20702)
IVs: 31/4/31/30/31/30 [HP Fire 68]
AncientPower|Agility|Ice Beam|Reflect

I chose shiny Articuno because it looks similar to our national coat of arms - white eagle in a crown. The eagle has red background so Premier Ball's animation works perfectly. HP Fire to show our real strength, like when after 123 years of partitions we could rebuild our country. I couldn't find a good date so I just chose a random one and it's 12/31/2011.

The winner of the challenge will be annouced when I wake up ~9 hours from now ^___^

twistedpuppy

Siriusly Twisted
Years
  • Seen Jul 18, 2015
For my entry challenge I'm going to dig into my Latino heritage. The little island of Puerto Rico.

125px-Flag_of_Puerto_Rico.svg.png

For those who don't know much about it, Puerto Rico isn't just one island, but an archipelago. The main island of Puerto Rico is the smallest by land area of the Greater Antilles. However, it ranks third in population amongst that group of four islands, which also include Cuba, Hispaniola (Dominican Republic and Haiti), and Jamaica.

Now that you know a little about the island, let me introduce you to Puerto Rico's representative Pokémon, Politoed.

186.png

Politoed Lv.25 ♂
Trait: Drizzle
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
IVs: 31 | 30 | 31 | 30 | 31 | 31 [HP Grass 70]
- Scald
- Swagger
- Perish Song
- Encore
Date: December 10, 2098
Hatched: Undella Town

The inspiration behind my choice has to do with one of Puerto Rico's native fauna and a symbol of pride, the Coquí.

200px-Common_Coqu%C3%AD.jpg

The Common Coquí is a small frog native frog to Puerto Rico and is known throughout the islands for it's loud call "CO-QUI". You can always here its call at night no matter where you are in Puerto Rico. The citizens of Puerto Rico take such pride in the little frog, that most of knick knacks found in gift shops are adorned with the frog.

coquitray.gif

I think Politoed represents Puerto Rico really well. It's ability Drizzle always brings out rain when Politoed is sent out to battle. Puerto Rico is located in the tropics and is constantly plagued by tropical storms and hurricanes. It some parts of the island, annual rainfall averages to 171.09 inches (4,346 mm).

Politeod's Bold nature more or less reflects the nature of Puerto Ricans, to present themselves as confident, fearless, and adventurous.

El_Yunque_Clouds_Large.jpg

I choose an HP Power of grass to represent Puerto Rico's lush green scenery which can be found throughout the island.

I realize the choice of moves are a little odd. My imagination got the best of me on that one. I choose each move to represent something.
Scald represents the warm waters of the beaches around the island.
Swagger...this one made me laugh. Take a look at all of the Reggaeton artists from Puerto Rico and you'll see that those guys sweat swag from their pores.
Perish Song seems a little depressing if you think about what the move actually does, but music is a very important aspect of all Spanish culture.
And finally, there's Encore. Even when the song ends for us, we always pick it up again.

Now the date I picked for Politoed has some importance. Dec. 10, 2098 would mark 200 years that Puerto Rico has been a commonwealth of the United States. That's if it doesn't becomes a state or gain independence by then. Back in Dec. 10, 1898, Spain had seceded Puerto Rico after the Spanish-American War. So if that hadn't happened, I'd probably be Spanish instead of American...trippy.

So, tl;dr Politoed resembles the Puerto Rican Coquí and our attitude.
Spoiler:

Gonzo

RNG Sommelier
Years
And the Winner is...

Spoiler:

Thanks for participating! Can't wait to see the next challenge which won't be brought to you by me, Blade nor Mac. #20 is special :D

oocyst

SOFTware
Years
Congrats to twisted for winning the previous challenge!

So this next challenge is special because I was chosen to pick something! I've been very active in this club and the owners agreed to let me come up with a challenge.

Challenge #20: Box full of Rocks
RNG a Pokémon that evolves using an evolutionary stone!

For those that aren't sure which stones these are:
Spoiler:

Have fun!
And a special thank you to Yoshikkko for helping me

Years
  • Seen Jun 3, 2021
Petilil
Bag_Sun_Stone_Sprite.png
548.gif

[SIZE=+2]Petilil[/SIZE]
shiny.png
(F)| Level 1
004.png

Bruce | 55821 | Black
Modest | Chlorophyll | 30 30 31 31 30 30 | HP: Rock 70
Absorb, Sunny Day, Solar Beam, Energy Ball.
[Hatched at Pinwheel Forest]

I picked her because even though she evolves into a Pokemon that's flower is similar in appearance to the rafflesia. Her smell is very relaxing and has perfume like aroma. And with her modest nature and ability Chlorophyll ..it really does shine under the SUN.
EDIT*
After learning 4rth gen RNG. It finally paid off :)
Spoiler:

Last edited:

evo21

RNGing is awesomes
Years
  • Age 36
  • uk
  • Seen Mar 6, 2013
083.png
133.gif
083.png

shiny.png
(m)| Level 1
Roger | 13266 | White
Timid | Run Away | 31 26 30 31 31 31 | HP: Ice 70
Tail Whip, Tackle, Shadow Ball, Hidden Power.
[Hatched at Skyarrow Bridge]
and here he is [http://www.pokecheck.org/?p=detail&uid=1271345]

Heres my entry :) i originally RNG'd this for a boosting sweeper Jolteon (in a rain team) for my Spring Freindly tourney but never used it as i never finished ev training it unfortunatly. i RNG'd this the night before the start of the tourny also works especialy well as leafeon aswell so my entry is EEVEE RNG'd for a jolteon that actually works as its leaf counterpart aswell on the same team ;)

135.gif

shiny.png
(m)| Level 100
Roger | 13266 | White
Timid | Volt Absorb | 31 26 30 31 31 31 | HP: Ice 70
Ev's 252 Sp.A | 6 Sp.D | 252 Speed | held item- Life orb
Charge Beam, Thunder, Shadow Ball, Hidden Power.
here he is all trained up and evolved [http://www.pokecheck.org/?p=detail&uid=1272596]

Hey guys, I know it's been a hell of a long time since I've been here.. But I've been learning a lot more stuff and I RNG abused this lovely sea creature <3

hey Zodim awesome Manaphy :) glad i was able to help you to trade it to your other save file so you could hatch it bro awesome shiny and awesome nature for it i no how trollish G4 wondercard natures are :( (im Evo25 from pokecheck)

Last edited:

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
Very nice abuses so far B) I finally got around to doing mine last night, which seemed to want to troll me with delay -.- I know it's not that special because I had to breed it, but I am rather happy with it.

004.png
430.png
004.png

The Don (Honchkrow) ♂ Lv. 1
OT: Mac | ID: 36152
Nature: Adamant
Ability: Insomnia
IVs: 31, 31, 31, 0, 31, 31 Electric 59
EVs: Untrained
Moves: Sucker Punch, Superpower, Brave Bird, Protect
Non-Redis

It's my pleasure to introduce a man that needs no introduction: the Don... also known as the Godfather. A well-respected Mafia man... and here he is in Pokemon form! He evolved from the Dusk Stone ^^ You do this for him, and you are a made man, you got me? When the Don asks you for help, you do it, because you know that he's helped you in the past. If you don't do it, you are going to be whacked for sure! The Don puts the Family above all else, so if you go against the Family, you go against the Don... and then you get whacked.

When the Don wants something, he gets it.

0yJ5i.png

Last edited:

Gonzo

RNG Sommelier
Years
I'm not a huge fan of any stone evolving Pokemon, to be honest. I bit the topic from another side.

So, here is my entry!
Spoiler:

No stone evolution without the Stone Diggers!

Last edited:

oocyst

SOFTware
Years
And here's my challenge entry!

038.png

Ninetales
Drought|lvl. 1|Timid|HP Fighting 70
31|31|30|30|30|30
Flamethrower|Hypnosis|Energy Ball|Hidden Power

This one was on my list for quite a while, finally an excuse to do it!

And I hope some more people will enter!

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
Gonzo, I really love your entry, wow! What creativity ^^ And Rednael, I am always a sucker for drought Ninetales, great job! :D I can't wait to see what everyone else comes up with! The challenge expires tonight at 11:59pm UTC-4!

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years
*Gladly accepts and gives high five* ;o Next I'm going for a flawless shiny Mew in japanese emerald.. I think SID abuse is going to be the biggest part.. Then I just have to hit frame 176 million Ohohohoho!
Waaaat? That's crazy! D:

Gonzo and I listen to Chatot pitches as well, blade (Or at least, I think it was Gonzo that did). It's very useful indeed.
Oh very nice! My mic is getting a little low quality now. :/ I need to stop depositing my Chatot.

Here's my fashionably almost late spin on the challenge :D
602.gif

Tynamo
Quiet | Levitate
Tackle, Thunder Wave, Spark, Charge Beam
31 | 31 | 31 | 31 | 31 | 2
Hatched at Chargestone Cave​

Who's the rarest gem in the cave of electrified stones? Tynamo! She's one of the few evolutionary-stone families I haven't RNG abused yet. Unfortunately, I didn't have the time to find a wild spread cuz I'd totally use Dive Ball... :') Fun fact, today is 06/02, she was hatched on 06/02, and Tynamo's number is 602. ANOTHER FUN FACT: A swirling dust appeared as soon as it said 'Oh?' egg hatching. XD;

Last edited:

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
004.png
133.gif
004.png

Cobalt
shiny.png
male.png
| Level 1
Touko | 39737 | White
Careful | Run Away | 31 31 31 31 31 31 [HP: Dark 70]
Tackle, Helping Hand, Wish, Toxic.
[Hatched at Giant Chasm]

My last minute challenge entry. I was planning to do a Sunkern on SoulSilver, but I have to go to work in a minute and didn't have time. Nonetheless, this young Eevee, who doubles as a BP, will become an Umbreon one day. Now you might say, "hang on, that isn't with a stone!" Well I say, it could.

...yeah most rushed and worst entry ever I know xD

oocyst

SOFTware
Years
aaaaaand the winner is..

Spoiler:

Thank you all for participating!

Gonzo

RNG Sommelier
Years
Yay! I won, so happy! :D

The next challenge is...
Spoiler:

Thank you all for participating in the past 20 challenges! It was great fun thinking of the challenges and seeing your wicked entries. Picking the winner was always a tough decision and we hope we'll have to make more, even harder decision while choosing the winner!

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
Just a few abuses I've been doing for my thread:

004.png
531.png
004.png

Chantilly
shiny.png
male.png
| Level 1
Aaron | 06293 | White
Calm | Regenerator | 31 31 31 31 31 31 [HP: Dark 70]
Wish, Yawn, Encore, Heal Bell.

004.png
456.png
004.png

Finneon
shiny.png
male.png
| Level 1
Touko | 39737 | Black
Modest | Storm Drain | 31 30 31 30 31 31 [HP: Grass 70]
Pound, U-Turn, Surf.
[Hatched at Undella Town]

004.png
155.png
004.png

Cyndaquil
shiny.png
male.png
| Level 1
Aaron | 06293 | White
Timid | Blaze | 31 31 31 30 30 31 | [HP: Ground 70]
Tackle, Leer, Flamethrower, Hidden Power.
[Hatched at Undella Bay]

004.png
636.png
004.png

Larvesta
shiny.png
male.png
| Level 1
Aaron | 06293 | White
Timid | Flame Body | 31 31 30 31 30 30 | [HP: Rock 70]
Ember, String Shot, Protect, Hidden Power.

Bag_Lure_Ball_IV_Sprite.png
146.png
Bag_Lure_Ball_IV_Sprite.png

MOLTRES | Level 50
Sakura | 56606 | SoulSilver
Timid | Pressure | 31 2 31 30 31 31 [HP: Grass 70]
Flamethrower, Ancientpower, Air Slash, Safeguard.
[Caught at Mt. Silver]

Introducing my first ever 4th Gen Abuse! With all the thanks to Gonz0 for teaching me and putting up with my slowness.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
RNG'd Pokemon are totally the best. ;) Congrats to the thread for winning club of the month! I'm proud to be in it! :) And congrats to the Politoed that won the last challenge weeheehee and the awesome amazing Gonzbr0 with his awesome Dive Ball Exca. Maybe this break from challenges won't be so bad, since if I'm able to use wifi on my DS here, I can catch up on this project I've been working on. Sadly the stories are taking more of a toll on me than the RNGing lol.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 2, 2016
I just recently started RNGing and here is my first egg abuse:

133.png

Lv.1 l UT Shiny l Male l Timid l Anticipation (DW)
31/30/30/31/02/31
Tackle, Tail Whip, Curse, Wish
OT: GARRET l ID: 57203

Of course my first RNG had to be Eevee. :) Not the greatest I know, but this was the best shiny spread I could find. I would try another but for some reason I keep hitting the same frame over and over, even after listening to Chatot's chatter a number of times. Could changing routers mess up the RNG?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back