The PokéCommunity Forums Pokémon Gaming Pokémon Gaming Central
Help Thread General Questions & Answers Thread

Pokémon Gaming Central For topics that aren't necessarily restricted to one game, Pokémon Gaming Central ranges from comparing and contrasting the differences in the gaming generations to discussing the gaming franchise as a whole.

View Poll Results: Have you ever found a shiny?
Yes 19 73.08%
No 5 19.23%
Yes, but I lost it! 2 7.69%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #751    
Old June 30th, 2013 (6:01 PM).
molivious's Avatar
molivious molivious is offline
so much fail...
     
    Join Date: Nov 2009
    Location: Aludna Village
    Age: 26
    Gender: Male
    Nature: Modest
    Posts: 417
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Sindrie View Post
    For sleep powder/stun I will leave that to butterfree 91% sleep powered is pretty lulzy you can sleep lock the entire game XD also I think you underestimate beedrill and swarm he can sweep entire teams with swarm and x-scissor. I'm not much of a min-maxer or a "hard-core" player I just use what pokemon I like.
    It's quite the opposite. I've used beedrill a lot. All my monotype runs always involved him (well now he just got replaced by vespiquen), so i do know his limits.

    Sorry if i sounded pushy, though. I just imagined that Beedrill is your most offensive pokemon in your current team, and it would be wisest to keep him best as that -- an offensive pokemon. Yes, Swarm and X-scissor is the awesome way to go... but you most likely would be dead before that swarm kicks in if you allow an opponent to hit you. He's really squishy, that's what i'm trying to point at. Nonetheless, these are just advices... no need to follow them. You'd enjoy it more if you discovered better movesets on your own, anyway. Happy buzzing! kekeke

    Quote:
    but yeah back to ariados I think he will be pretty hard to use for most of the game but I guess with a combo of dig/psychic/pin Missile you can cover a lot of types.
    It will actually be harder to use Ledian XD He's so weak that you'd only take him out to revive others. Try not to rely on Pin Missile, though. With only effectiveness against psychic, grass and dark.. you're better off using another bug pokemon with better speed/bug moves (Psychic types will mostly outspeed Ariados, and him being a bug/Poison type, that means OHKO >_<).

    edit: As for butterfree, using Toxic Spikes with beedrill, you cannot sleep/para lock them when they're already poisoned, could you? That was my very point in the previous post.
    __________________
    You could easily teach yourself if you observe the world closely." - Elise

    Squish, squish, squish. Goes the bug under your foot.
    Squish, squish, squish. I'm telling you not to look.
      #752    
    Old June 30th, 2013 (6:09 PM).
    Sindrie's Avatar
    Sindrie Sindrie is offline
    Eevee breeder and caretaker
       
      Join Date: Jun 2013
      Location: The Warp
      Age: 25
      Gender: Male
      Nature: Modest
      Posts: 57
      Quote:
      Originally Posted by molivious View Post
      It's quite the opposite. I've used beedrill a lot. All my monotype runs always involved him (well now he just got replaced by vespiquen), so i do know his limits.

      Sorry if i sounded pushy, though. I just imagined that Beedrill is your most offensive pokemon in your current team, and it would be wisest to keep him best as that -- an offensive pokemon. Yes, Swarm and X-scissor is the awesome way to go... but you most likely would be dead before that swarm kicks in if you allow an opponent to hit you. He's really squishy, that's what i'm trying to point at. Nonetheless, these are just advices... no need to follow them. You'd enjoy it more if you discovered better movesets on your own, anyway. Happy buzzing! kekeke

      It will actually be harder to use Ledian XD He's so weak that you'd only take him out to revive others. Try not to rely on Pin Missile, though. With only effectiveness against psychic, grass and dark.. you're better off using another bug pokemon with better speed/bug moves (Psychic types will mostly outspeed Ariados, and him being a bug/Poison type, that means OHKO >_<).

      edit: As for butterfree, using Toxic Spikes with beedrill, you cannot sleep/para lock them when they're already poisoned, could you? That was my very point in the previous post.
      I plan on picking up either pinsir or scyther as my heavy hitter. Ledian is pretty bad yeah lol XD but you can give him thunder and ice punch so he can cover more than ariados.
        #753    
      Old June 30th, 2013 (6:14 PM).
      JesterLegacy's Avatar
      JesterLegacy JesterLegacy is offline
      Random Trainer
         
        Join Date: Jun 2013
        Gender: Male
        Posts: 58
        Quote:
        Originally Posted by Sindrie View Post
        I plan on picking up either pinsir or scyther as my heavy hitter. Ledian is pretty bad yeah lol XD but you can give him thunder and ice punch so he can cover more than ariados.
        Ice punch as well as Thunder punch are physical attacks, while Ledian's base attack power is really low....Hence, I don't think Ledian should be included as a physical hitter. Which makes Ledian is better as a special attacker or a support/ baton passer in my opinion. But still, it depends on your preference.
        __________________
        Do you think that a Pokemon needs to be strong? Nah, if I like it, then that's it, I'll take it.
          #754    
        Old June 30th, 2013 (6:18 PM).
        molivious's Avatar
        molivious molivious is offline
        so much fail...
           
          Join Date: Nov 2009
          Location: Aludna Village
          Age: 26
          Gender: Male
          Nature: Modest
          Posts: 417
          Quote:
          Originally Posted by Sindrie View Post
          I plan on picking up either pinsir or scyther as my heavy hitter. Ledian is pretty bad yeah lol XD but you can give him thunder and ice punch so he can cover more than ariados.
          Well that'd be fun. How about Forretress? He's fun too! (and at least not that OP to make your game too easy. lol)

          There's also Paras.. a bug/Grass hybrid, although suffers the same problem as Ariados. Lastly, Yanma? I think you'd love him :P
          __________________
          You could easily teach yourself if you observe the world closely." - Elise

          Squish, squish, squish. Goes the bug under your foot.
          Squish, squish, squish. I'm telling you not to look.
            #755    
          Old June 30th, 2013 (6:19 PM). Edited June 30th, 2013 by Sindrie.
          Sindrie's Avatar
          Sindrie Sindrie is offline
          Eevee breeder and caretaker
             
            Join Date: Jun 2013
            Location: The Warp
            Age: 25
            Gender: Male
            Nature: Modest
            Posts: 57
            Quote:
            Originally Posted by JesterLegacy View Post
            Ice punch as well as Thunder punch are physical attacks, while Ledian's base attack power is really low....Hence, I don't think Ledian should be included as a physical hitter. Which makes Ledian is better as a special attacker or a support/ baton passer in my opinion. But still, it depends on your preference.
            WOW thanks for pointing that out for some reason I was thinking he had like 85 attack... he has 35 thats just pathetic lol yeah I might have to rethink using him now XD

            Never used Forretress but I may have to change that soon but I have used yanma and love him :3. I have used paras but his evolution is creepy! hes a zombie! lol

            kinda related question: is scizor OP earlyish game? like around the 3'rd gym b/c I could do some trading with a friend and get him by the 3rd gym do you think he would blow up the game? I like using strong pokemon and all don't get me wrong :D but I try to avoid "press A to win pokemon" b/c of my attention span of a 3rd grader I will get bored before I beat the game XD
            __________________
            "Strong Pokémon. Weak Pokémon. That is only the selfish perception of people. Truly skilled trainers should try to win with their favorites" - Elite Four Karen

              #756    
            Old June 30th, 2013 (6:33 PM).
            JesterLegacy's Avatar
            JesterLegacy JesterLegacy is offline
            Random Trainer
               
              Join Date: Jun 2013
              Gender: Male
              Posts: 58
              Quote:
              Originally Posted by Sindrie View Post
              WOW thanks for pointing that out for some reason I was thinking he had like 85 attack... he has 35 thats just pathetic lol yeah I might have to rethink using him now XD

              Never used Forretress but I may have to change that soon but I have used yanma and love him :3. I have used paras but his evolution is creepy! hes a zombie! lol

              kinda related question: is scizor OP earlyish game? like around the 3'rd gym b/c I could do some trading with a friend and get him by the 3rd gym do you think he would blow up the game? I like using strong pokemon :D but I try to avoid "press A to win pokemon" b/c of my attention span of a 3rd grader I will get bored before I beat the game XD
              Scizor is good, and I don't think it will ruin the game or makes the game too easy. There are still challenges even if you own a Scizor. I mean, the game won't be blown by simply possessing one Scizor :P

              Oh, and if you think the game is too easy to beat, you should totally give the battle frontier a try......
              __________________
              Do you think that a Pokemon needs to be strong? Nah, if I like it, then that's it, I'll take it.
                #757    
              Old June 30th, 2013 (6:35 PM).
              molivious's Avatar
              molivious molivious is offline
              so much fail...
                 
                Join Date: Nov 2009
                Location: Aludna Village
                Age: 26
                Gender: Male
                Nature: Modest
                Posts: 417
                Quote:
                Originally Posted by JesterLegacy View Post
                Which makes Ledian is better as a special attacker or a support/ baton passer in my opinion.
                Most likely so. With Silver Wind and Agility, the results could be really wonderful.

                As for Scizor.. hmm.. he has a moveset similar to Scyther's, and the only difference is the Steel - Flying change. I think that's a big difference though, since bugs' main problems is their squishiness. Scizor has speed, bulk and power, on that matter.. which makes him a really tough powerhouse >_<'a Although i suppose it wouldn't be so gamebreaking as compared to, say, a dragon pokemon.

                He'd fare well in any situation, and that's probably the best i could describe him with.

                I guess it's entirely up to you. But good luck!
                __________________
                You could easily teach yourself if you observe the world closely." - Elise

                Squish, squish, squish. Goes the bug under your foot.
                Squish, squish, squish. I'm telling you not to look.
                  #758    
                Old June 30th, 2013 (6:37 PM).
                Sindrie's Avatar
                Sindrie Sindrie is offline
                Eevee breeder and caretaker
                   
                  Join Date: Jun 2013
                  Location: The Warp
                  Age: 25
                  Gender: Male
                  Nature: Modest
                  Posts: 57
                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by JesterLegacy View Post
                  Scizor is good, and I don't think it will ruin the game or makes the game too easy. There are still challenges even if you own a Scizor. I mean, the game won't be blown by simply possessing one Scizor :P
                  hahaha ok sorry for the kinda dumb question most of my pokemon years is with the 1st gen and grass type at that I've only recently become a fan of the bug type. I think it would be interesting to try scizor out I have never used him but I have heard from people he is OP.. but odds are they just lost to him a lot and don't like him lol.
                    #759    
                  Old July 1st, 2013 (3:42 AM).
                  JesterLegacy's Avatar
                  JesterLegacy JesterLegacy is offline
                  Random Trainer
                     
                    Join Date: Jun 2013
                    Gender: Male
                    Posts: 58
                    What do you guys think about Exploud? I was thinking of using it, and what should be the most suitable moves for it? (Excluding the breeding method)
                    __________________
                    Do you think that a Pokemon needs to be strong? Nah, if I like it, then that's it, I'll take it.
                      #760    
                    Old July 1st, 2013 (4:30 AM). Edited July 1st, 2013 by molivious.
                    molivious's Avatar
                    molivious molivious is offline
                    so much fail...
                       
                      Join Date: Nov 2009
                      Location: Aludna Village
                      Age: 26
                      Gender: Male
                      Nature: Modest
                      Posts: 417
                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by JesterLegacy View Post
                      What do you guys think about Exploud? I was thinking of using it, and what should be the most suitable moves for it? (Excluding the breeding method)
                      Well, first off, as one of the most versatile pokemon, he can use any offensive move without any problems. Ice Beam, Earthquake, Shadow Ball - you name it; he can use anything really well.

                      However, you will have to keep an eye out on every physical attacker you fight. If they have a fighting-type move, your Exploud is most probably pooped. His speed is pretty bad, not to mention his defenses. Squishy. That aside, you should have absolutely no problems at all trying to figure out what you want to do with him. He's like a snuggly doll you can dress with any costume!

                      For his moveset, it's really simple thanks to his stats. You won't have to think about physical/special at all... you only have to look at an attack's raw power and accuracy!
                      - Ground/Fighting/Fire (preferrably: Hammer Arm [egg move] / Brick Break / Fire Blast / Equake)
                      - Ice/Water (Surf / Ice Beam)
                      - STAB move for the others (Uproar / Hyper Voice / Return)
                      - move that covers other types

                      Ground/Fighting/Fire is mainly to counter Rock/Steel Types - although with an Ice/Water move, you can already take down rocks easily. Rock/Steel types are top mention because your STAB move makes little to no damage against them.

                      Ice/Water, aside from the mentioned, can help counter Fire, Grass or even the pesky Dragon types.

                      STAB, for those you could easily kill without type advantages. A lot of Psychic, Dark, Bug and Grass fall here.

                      Other. This is probably the most important piece to solve your puzzle. This particularly points to the first choice in my list -- If you chose a ground type earlier, then it means pokemon like Skarmory and Bronzong would be a pain for you to battle. In that case, putting Fire Blast in your "Other" category solves that problem. If you chose fighting, again, Skarmory could be a pain... as well as Scizor. Fire Blast shows yet another entrance. Now If you chose Fire Blast and picked Surf in your 2nd slot, then you can insert an Ice type here... or even a psychic type... ANYTHING! Whatever you feel might benefit your team the most could easily go here.
                      __________________
                      You could easily teach yourself if you observe the world closely." - Elise

                      Squish, squish, squish. Goes the bug under your foot.
                      Squish, squish, squish. I'm telling you not to look.
                        #761    
                      Old July 1st, 2013 (4:57 AM).
                      JesterLegacy's Avatar
                      JesterLegacy JesterLegacy is offline
                      Random Trainer
                         
                        Join Date: Jun 2013
                        Gender: Male
                        Posts: 58
                        Quote:
                        Originally Posted by molivious View Post
                        Well, first off, as one of the most versatile pokemon, he can use any offensive move without any problems. Ice Beam, Earthquake, Shadow Ball - you name it; he can use anything really well.

                        However, you will have to keep an eye out on every physical attacker you fight. If they have a fighting-type move, your Exploud is most probably pooped. His speed is pretty bad, not to mention his defenses. Squishy. That aside, you should have absolutely no problems at all trying to figure out what you want to do with him. He's like a snuggly doll you can dress with any costume!

                        For his moveset, it's really simple thanks to his stats. You won't have to think about physical/special at all... you only have to look at an attack's raw power and accuracy!
                        - Ground/Fighting/Fire (preferrably: Hammer Arm [egg move] / Brick Break / Fire Blast / Equake)
                        - Ice/Water (Surf / Ice Beam)
                        - STAB move for the others (Uproar / Hyper Voice / Return)
                        - move that covers other types

                        Ground/Fighting/Fire is mainly to counter Rock/Steel Types - although with an Ice/Water move, you can already take down rocks easily. Rock/Steel types are top mention because your STAB move makes little to no damage against them.

                        Ice/Water, aside from the mentioned, can help counter Fire, Grass or even the pesky Dragon types.

                        STAB, for those you could easily kill without type advantages. A lot of Psychic, Dark, Bug and Grass fall here.

                        Other. This is probably the most important piece to solve your puzzle. This particularly points to the first choice in my list -- If you chose a ground type earlier, then it means pokemon like Skarmory and Magnezone would be a pain for you to battle. In that case, putting Fire Blast in your "Other" category solves that problem. If you chose fighting, again, Skarmory could be a pain... as well as Scizor. Fire Blast shows yet another entrance. Now If you chose Fire Blast and picked Surf in your 2nd slot, then you can insert an Ice type here... or even a psychic type... ANYTHING! Whatever you feel might benefit your team the most could easily go here.
                        Thank you :)
                        Another one, my Exploud's atk right now is around 20-30 points higher than its Sp. Atk. So, should I give it Fire Blast, or Fire Punch?
                        __________________
                        Do you think that a Pokemon needs to be strong? Nah, if I like it, then that's it, I'll take it.
                          #762    
                        Old July 1st, 2013 (5:03 AM).
                        molivious's Avatar
                        molivious molivious is offline
                        so much fail...
                           
                          Join Date: Nov 2009
                          Location: Aludna Village
                          Age: 26
                          Gender: Male
                          Nature: Modest
                          Posts: 417
                          Quote:
                          Originally Posted by JesterLegacy View Post
                          Thank you :)
                          Another one, my Exploud's atk right now is around 20-30 points higher than its Sp. Atk. So, should I give it Fire Blast, or Fire Punch?
                          Fire Blast's still a better choice.

                          and minor correction: Magnezone -> Bronzong. I thought it was Magnezone with the Levitate ability >_< which make ground-type moves useless.
                          __________________
                          You could easily teach yourself if you observe the world closely." - Elise

                          Squish, squish, squish. Goes the bug under your foot.
                          Squish, squish, squish. I'm telling you not to look.
                            #763    
                          Old July 1st, 2013 (5:12 AM).
                          JesterLegacy's Avatar
                          JesterLegacy JesterLegacy is offline
                          Random Trainer
                             
                            Join Date: Jun 2013
                            Gender: Male
                            Posts: 58
                            Quote:
                            Originally Posted by molivious View Post
                            Fire Blast's still a better choice.

                            and minor correction: Magnezone -> Bronzong. I thought it was Magnezone with the Levitate ability >_< which make ground-type moves useless.
                            Oh, okay, Fire Blast then....Thanks again!
                            __________________
                            Do you think that a Pokemon needs to be strong? Nah, if I like it, then that's it, I'll take it.
                              #764    
                            Old July 1st, 2013 (3:59 PM).
                            Sindrie's Avatar
                            Sindrie Sindrie is offline
                            Eevee breeder and caretaker
                               
                              Join Date: Jun 2013
                              Location: The Warp
                              Age: 25
                              Gender: Male
                              Nature: Modest
                              Posts: 57
                              Ok I have a question: For baby pokemon what level do they evolve for you most of the time?

                              I ask because I was having trouble getting my budew to evolve early, someone one time told me he got his budew to evolve at like lvl 13 meanwhile it took me all the way to level 30ish and she never fainted once! The issue is that after around level 18 (IIRC) she starts losing moves because she would have learned them as roselia.

                              (Also I know it's based on friendship I'm just unsure if i'm missing something like how one guy says he evolved her at 13 O.o)
                              __________________
                              "Strong Pokémon. Weak Pokémon. That is only the selfish perception of people. Truly skilled trainers should try to win with their favorites" - Elite Four Karen

                                #765    
                              Old July 1st, 2013 (4:38 PM).
                              molivious's Avatar
                              molivious molivious is offline
                              so much fail...
                                 
                                Join Date: Nov 2009
                                Location: Aludna Village
                                Age: 26
                                Gender: Male
                                Nature: Modest
                                Posts: 417
                                Quote:
                                Originally Posted by Sindrie View Post
                                Ok I have a question: For baby pokemon what level do they evolve for you most of the time?

                                I ask because I was having trouble getting my budew to evolve early, someone one time told me he got his budew to evolve at like lvl 13 meanwhile it took me all the way to level 30ish and she never fainted once! The issue is that after around level 18 (IIRC) she starts losing moves because she would have learned them as roselia.

                                (Also I know it's based on friendship I'm just unsure if i'm missing something like how one guy says he evolved her at 13 O.o)
                                Yup, friendship. A pokemon has a hidden "stat" that represents friendship, and it may increase and be maximized without even leveling up your pokemon once. This explains how your friend got his budew to evolve early - he simply maxed/met the friendship quota earlier than you did.

                                So yeah, there are several ways to increase it. Using vitamins/some berries, challenging gym leaders, catching a pokemon with a certain pokeball (Luxury ball), grooming/massage, or even by simply walking around! Once max happiness is reached, hit that next level and witness evolution.

                                It's also important to know that soothe bells boost the effects of mostly all increase by 1.5x
                                __________________
                                You could easily teach yourself if you observe the world closely." - Elise

                                Squish, squish, squish. Goes the bug under your foot.
                                Squish, squish, squish. I'm telling you not to look.
                                  #766    
                                Old July 1st, 2013 (4:51 PM).
                                Sindrie's Avatar
                                Sindrie Sindrie is offline
                                Eevee breeder and caretaker
                                   
                                  Join Date: Jun 2013
                                  Location: The Warp
                                  Age: 25
                                  Gender: Male
                                  Nature: Modest
                                  Posts: 57
                                  Quote:
                                  Originally Posted by molivious View Post
                                  Yup, friendship. A pokemon has a hidden "stat" that represents friendship, and it may increase and be maximized without even leveling up your pokemon once. This explains how your friend got his budew to evolve early - he simply maxed/met the friendship quota earlier than you did.

                                  So yeah, there are several ways to increase it. Using vitamins/some berries, challenging gym leaders, catching a pokemon with a certain pokeball (Luxury ball), grooming/massage, or even by simply walking around! Once max happiness is reached, hit that next level and witness evolution.

                                  It's also important to know that soothe bells boost the effects of mostly all increase by 1.5x
                                  yeah I just think for level 13 that either he just walked around a ton or is bluffing XD or he has A LOT of cash to spend on vitamins.
                                  __________________
                                  "Strong Pokémon. Weak Pokémon. That is only the selfish perception of people. Truly skilled trainers should try to win with their favorites" - Elite Four Karen

                                    #767    
                                  Old July 1st, 2013 (5:33 PM).
                                  Sydian's Avatar
                                  Sydian Sydian is offline
                                  la justice
                                   
                                  Join Date: Feb 2008
                                  Location: Georgia
                                  Age: 26
                                  Nature: Timid
                                  Posts: 31,705
                                  Some of them need certain times of the day. Budew needs to level up with max friendship in the day to evolve into Roselia, similar to evolving Eevee into Espeon.
                                  __________________

                                  some princes don't become kings.
                                    #768    
                                  Old July 3rd, 2013 (11:52 AM).
                                  combolover combolover is offline
                                     
                                    Join Date: Jul 2013
                                    Gender: Male
                                    Posts: 1
                                    Ok so Im into magic the gathering and my son just recently wanted to get into pokemon. I did used to play about 15 years ago and I remember jungle, and base set etc. My question to anyone (hopefully this is in the right spot and will most likely be the last time I ask any thing of anyone here) is there some sort of format system like in MTG? like legacy, modern, standard etc.? if there is where can I find a list of what sets are allowed in what type of tournyments?
                                      #769    
                                    Old July 3rd, 2013 (5:51 PM). Edited July 3rd, 2013 by molivious.
                                    molivious's Avatar
                                    molivious molivious is offline
                                    so much fail...
                                       
                                      Join Date: Nov 2009
                                      Location: Aludna Village
                                      Age: 26
                                      Gender: Male
                                      Nature: Modest
                                      Posts: 417
                                      Quote:
                                      Originally Posted by combolover View Post
                                      Ok so Im into magic the gathering and my son just recently wanted to get into pokemon. I did used to play about 15 years ago and I remember jungle, and base set etc. My question to anyone (hopefully this is in the right spot and will most likely be the last time I ask any thing of anyone here) is there some sort of format system like in MTG? like legacy, modern, standard etc.? if there is where can I find a list of what sets are allowed in what type of tournyments?
                                      All I know are these formats: Rotation, Modified, and Unlimited.

                                      The equivalent of MTG's "standard" in Pokemon TCG is the Modified format, which only takes a few sets from the current Rotation. That said, Rotation is pretty much equivalent to MTG's 'modern' (and you would have to google the current rotation every now and then for that matter). Unlimited is equivalent to MTG's 'legacy'.

                                      In Unlimited, all previously banned cards (well, officially, I suppose) are not allowed to be used. I'm actually not sure what cards are banned, lol, so you might want to check on those.

                                      It's also been years since I've last touched pokemon TCG, so these comparisons might be off. >_< Feel free to correct me if i was wrong in everything, lol somewhere, or if this piece info is very outdated/incomplete. Well, if all else fails, you could try to search those keywords up the internet for better explanation.

                                      Nonetheless, that's the most accurate way i could think of to make it easier for you to apply MTG's formats into Pokemon's. They're not really much different, eh?
                                      __________________
                                      You could easily teach yourself if you observe the world closely." - Elise

                                      Squish, squish, squish. Goes the bug under your foot.
                                      Squish, squish, squish. I'm telling you not to look.
                                        #770    
                                      Old July 7th, 2013 (4:03 AM). Edited July 7th, 2013 by Iash654.
                                      Iash654 Iash654 is offline
                                         
                                        Join Date: Jul 2013
                                        Gender: Male
                                        Posts: 7
                                        So basically, I want to complete the SS nationaldex without having any cheated in pokemon. however most of my legends were cheated in at some point or another in a friend's game that he then traded to me. The thing is, I have completely beaten the story line at this point in the game and restarting isnt going to be the easiest thing to do right now. :S
                                        Also, I don't particularly understand the friend code thing, so i wont be able to get half of the legends back to complete the pokedex. What do you guys recommend??

                                        I also have "Inhouse" a copy of diamond (s/l completed) and platinum (no save file yet) however most of the legends of diamond were also cheated in and given to me by the same friend.
                                        __________________
                                        Games Completed: Pokemon Emerald
                                        Pokemon Diamond
                                        Pokemon SoulSilver
                                        Pokemon ...

                                        My Pokemon Fanfic: http://dft.ba/-6pHm
                                          #771    
                                        Old July 7th, 2013 (8:54 AM).
                                        Iash654 Iash654 is offline
                                           
                                          Join Date: Jul 2013
                                          Gender: Male
                                          Posts: 7
                                          So basically, I want to complete the SS nationaldex without having any cheated in pokemon. however most of my legends were cheated in at some point or another in a friend's game that he then traded to me. The thing is, I have completely beaten the story line at this point in the game and restarting isnt going to be the easiest thing to do right now.
                                          Also, I don't particularly understand the friend code thing, so i wont be able to get half of the legends back to complete the pokedex. What do you guys recommend??
                                          __________________
                                          Games Completed: Pokemon Emerald
                                          Pokemon Diamond
                                          Pokemon SoulSilver
                                          Pokemon ...

                                          My Pokemon Fanfic: http://dft.ba/-6pHm
                                            #772    
                                          Old July 7th, 2013 (8:31 PM).
                                          Hikamaru Hikamaru is offline
                                           
                                          Join Date: Mar 2011
                                          Location: Australia
                                          Age: 26
                                          Gender: Female
                                          Nature: Quirky
                                          Posts: 50,252
                                          Quote:
                                          Originally Posted by Iash654 View Post
                                          So basically, I want to complete the SS nationaldex without having any cheated in pokemon. however most of my legends were cheated in at some point or another in a friend's game that he then traded to me. The thing is, I have completely beaten the story line at this point in the game and restarting isnt going to be the easiest thing to do right now.
                                          Also, I don't particularly understand the friend code thing, so i wont be able to get half of the legends back to complete the pokedex. What do you guys recommend??
                                          If your wi-fi connections are good, I advise checking out the Trade Corner section in this very PokeCommunity forum. Unlike the GTS, which tend to have ridiculous offers like "Level 9 and under (insert Pokemon that cannot legally be that level)" while the Trade Corner is guaranteed to get whatever Pokemon you need.

                                          And Friend Codes are registered when you use the Pal Pad after logging into the Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection. Most members here tend to have them written in their signatures or on their profiles. Click here for more information on Friend Codes.
                                          __________________
                                          Gone forever for personal reasons.
                                          Visit my Tumblr page if you wish to contact me.

                                          http://daikenkki.tumblr.com/
                                            #773    
                                          Old July 11th, 2013 (10:48 PM).
                                          Perriechu's Avatar
                                          Perriechu Perriechu is offline
                                          no more sad songs
                                           
                                          Join Date: Apr 2009
                                          Location: England
                                          Age: 22
                                          Gender: Male
                                          Nature: Modest
                                          Posts: 4,074
                                          Quote:
                                          Originally Posted by AnonygooseD View Post
                                          Hey everybody, the first spinoff game I've played was Red Rescue Team, I didn't like it because of its difficult controls & not so cool graphics, but I kinda liked the story...
                                          I then saw screenshots of Gates To Infinity & I liked the graphics a lot, so...
                                          Do you think Gates To Infinity might be the one for me? (please list pros & cons :)
                                          Honestly going from Red Rescue Team to Gates to Infinity is quite a jump. If I were you I'd play Sky/Darkness/Time. It probably has the best features out of all the dungeon games. I haven't played the new games but after reading up about them they work a lot differently to the others. Legends seem to be unavailable to use in your team and can only be battled with downloads. Legends in the other games are recruitable and thus usable.

                                          I think if you're looking for a good storyline (and super long!) go for Sky/Darkness/Time where 492 Pokemon are available (491 for Time/Darkness) the graphics are the same as Red/Blue but imo the graphics are simple and cute. The 3D ones though seem to be better Pokemon-wise though as 5th Gen Pokemon are available.
                                          __________________
                                          twittertumblr ☂ 1349-6159-4149
                                            #774    
                                          Old July 19th, 2013 (1:21 PM).
                                          Boilurn's Avatar
                                          Boilurn Boilurn is offline
                                          Scald Pokémon
                                             
                                            Join Date: Nov 2012
                                            Location: Route 49
                                            Nature: Mild
                                            Posts: 612
                                            Here's a quick question out of curiosity. What HMs are absolutely required to beat each game from Generations 1 to 4? I know that Cut was needed to beat B/W, and Surf for B2W2, but I can't remember the others.
                                            __________________
                                            Quote:
                                            Boilurn, the Scald Pokemon and the evolved form of Hottle. It can burn the holder by the lightest of touches when it boils. It can boil 3 gallons of water in one minute.
                                              #775    
                                            Old July 19th, 2013 (1:46 PM).
                                            molivious's Avatar
                                            molivious molivious is offline
                                            so much fail...
                                               
                                              Join Date: Nov 2009
                                              Location: Aludna Village
                                              Age: 26
                                              Gender: Male
                                              Nature: Modest
                                              Posts: 417
                                              Quote:
                                              Originally Posted by Boilurn View Post
                                              Here's a quick question out of curiosity. What HMs are absolutely required to beat each game from Generations 1 to 4? I know that Cut was needed to beat B/W, and Surf for B2W2, but I can't remember the others.
                                              Gen 1 - Surf, Strength, Cut
                                              Gen 2 - Surf, Strength, Cut, Waterfall, Whirlpool (dragon's den)
                                              Gen 3 - Surf, Strength, Waterfall, Dive, Rock Smash
                                              Gen 4 - Surf, Strength, Rock Smash, Rock Climb, Waterfall
                                              __________________
                                              You could easily teach yourself if you observe the world closely." - Elise

                                              Squish, squish, squish. Goes the bug under your foot.
                                              Squish, squish, squish. I'm telling you not to look.
                                              Closed Thread

                                              Quick Reply

                                              Join the conversation!

                                              Create an account to post a reply in this thread, participate in other discussions, and more!

                                              Create a PokéCommunity Account
                                              Thread Tools

                                              Posting Rules
                                              You may not post new threads
                                              You may not post replies
                                              You may not post attachments
                                              You may not edit your posts

                                              BB code is On
                                              Smilies are On
                                              [IMG] code is On
                                              HTML code is Off

                                              Forum Jump


                                              All times are GMT -8. The time now is 4:14 PM.