• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Challenge] Biological Class Challenge

Years
j4c2swi.png

Reptile Run - Emerald
Part 3

North from Mauville, I had a lot a of adventure. I defeated Team Magma, impeding them from waking up the volcano. There, I got another member for my team, Sauron the Torkoal. Many routes ahead, near Meteor Falls entrance, I caught a snake, Gollum the Seviper. My team was much better now. Past Meteor Falls, I got back to Rustboro, completing a circle with my wandering. Expecting to find something in the east, I crossed Rusturf Tunnel, opening the blocked way and receiving Strenght as a "thank you" gift from a guy who wanted to meet his girlfriend at the other side. After visiting my friend Wally I headed back to Mauville. I was certain I should go left from there now, but I couldn't use Surf yet to cross the river blocking the way. There was something I missed. I headed back to Mt. Chimney and descended the yet unexplored Jagged Pass. When I got down I saw myself at Lavaridge. Yeah, I had forgotten the small city with naural hot pools.
There was a Gym there. Of course, I had to challenge it before going forward in Hoenn. I took the challenge imediately. Flannery defeated me in the first time, but I had a disadvantage, cause Gollum fainted after battling the trainers in the gym. After losing to her a couple more of times, I defeated her whole team with a five turns strike of Rollout, after just raising Mithril one level. I also evolved Elrond, but his force wasn't used in the battle.
Right after leaving the Gym I received the Go-goggles, so it was time to explore the desert. I defeated all the trainers there and then I had no clue of where to go next.

Team

sceptile.gif

Elrond / Grovyle M / LV 36 @ Rawst Berry

Rock Tomb
Leaf Blade
Absorb
Screech

lairon.gif

Mithril / Aron F / LV 35 @ Silk Scarf

Iron Tail
Iron Defense
Rollout
Take Down

torkoal.gif

Sauron / Torkoal F / LV 25 @ Pecha Berry

Ember
Fire Spin
Curse
Body Slam

seviper.gif

Gollum / Seviper M / LV 24 @ Rawst Berry

Screech
Toxic
Bite
Poison Tail

Years
I'm in

Username:KimbosUnova
Class: See main post
Game:LeafGreen/Silver/OmegaRuby/Platinum/White 2/X/Moon (potentially not in that order, Starting with Platinum)
Single/Ultimate/Darwin:DARWIN

Last edited:

Kumo Teto

regular ghost
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Jul 31, 2018
I only realized I was going up against a fierce massive magma beast with grass types when I was halfway through. Not too bad, though. Found a lot of seedots early on so I traded one for a Lotad and yay, got a Tengu and a french Kappa. The gym leaders were piece of cake, IIRC it was harder in Emerald, My guys suffered a bit from Crobat and Gyarados, but that aside everything went OK. Even if my team was only grass type, they had some moves and second types that helped a lot. Digger Grovyle was a thing. All the HMs too were placed in my team members, and discarded later on. I trained eight pokemon, Tropius and Cacturne not featured, they all got around the same level and I don't remember grinding, but to get Spore. In the end Primal Groudon wasn't a problem at all, however, he took out my Ludicolo because of reasons (I was unaware of his ability). The elife tour was pretty smooth and I gladly made a satisfying battle against Steven, using a matching pokemon in style to defeat each of his. So I'm going for Delta Episode now.

PHYTOTEAM
Spr_6o_254M.png

Poi [Sceptile] Lv 60
Leaf Blade x Dragon Claw x X-Scissor x Dig
Spr_6x_286.png

Nikita [Breloom] Lv 60
Drain Punch x Seed Bomb x Spore x Dynamic Punch
Spr_6x_182.png

Bloom [Bellossom] Lv 59
Sunny Day x Solar Beam x Toxic x Moonlight
Spr_6x_407_m.png

Mamoru [Roserade] Lv 59
Petal Dance x Toxic Spikes x Shadow Ball x Aromatherapy
Spr_6x_275_f.png

Saika [Shiftry] Lv 64
Leaf Storm x Foul Play x Extrasensory x Hurricane
Spr_6x_272_m.png

Ludicolo [Ludicolo] Lv 71
Grass Knot x Surf x Ice Beam x Water Sport

Thank you guys.

Years
8kQGfhy.png

Reptile Run - Emerald
Part 4

Well, I had 4 badges and no idea on where to go now. Then I remembered I had a father and ran back to Petalburg, because he said to me that after I had four badges he would battle me, though I had forgotten this. The battle was tough, but I won in the end, with a bit of luck and a pack of strength. I went to Mawille then, where the granpa asked me to do a favor to him at New Mawille. After defeating daddy I received the HM 03 Surf, and caught a Marill to use it. Because of this I was able to surf at the south of Mawille and get to new Mawille (not without stopping by a little island and reading a sign saying "Team Aqua was Here", that was covered by another message: "Team Magma Rules". Ah, I have to say, I didn't remember Surf music was so wonderful. It makes you feel you're going into a wonderful adventure.
New Mawille had a complicated security system where you had to step on buttons on the floor that opened and closed doors, making you get stuck there with no way back, letting you without option but keep going. It was also packed up with annoying Voltorbs and Magnemites that jumped at you from everywhere. Well, I turned off the defective generator as I promised to Wattson, and went back to Mawille and from there to the east. Crossed the water body and arrived at the other side of Hoenn.
Ther next part was wilder, with a lot of water and green. There were narrow bridges that I had to cross with my bike, grass patches that were taller than me, a city at the top of trees, and a savage weather, with lots of rain. I caught a Kecleon, a Pokémon that changes its type depending on the attacks it received.
Winona was easy, and I've got my next badge. On the way to the next city, I saw that bandits of Team Aqua talking about doing something evil at Mt. Pyre. I might have a look on what they'll do there.

Team

sceptile.gif

Elrond / Sceptile M / LV 39 @ Rawst

Facade
Leaf Blade
Absorb
Screech

lairon.gif

Mithril / Aron F / LV 38 @ Silk Scarf

Iron Tail
Protect
Rollout
Take Down

torkoal.gif

Sauron / Torkoal F / LV 38 @ Pecha Berry

Flamethrower
Fire Spin
Protect
Body Slam

seviper.gif

Gollum / Seviper M / LV 24 @ Rawst Berry

Screech
Toxic
Crunch
Poison Tail

kecleon.gif

Merry / Kecleon M / LV 30 @

Faint Attack
Fury Swipes
Psybeam
Screech

Years
Think there's been some confusion., my Darwin is starting in Platinum, and I'll randomly pick next generations.

KIMBO'S DARWIN CHALLENGE
PLANTS IN PLATINUM-PART 1

Spoiler:

TEAM
Spoiler:

Years
Think there's been some confusion., my Darwin is starting in Platinum, and I'll randomly pick next generations.

KIMBO'S DARWIN CHALLENGE
PLANTS IN PLATINUM-PART 1

Spoiler:

TEAM
Spoiler:

I fixed it in the challengers' list.

VDJ7iMU.png

Reptile Run - Emerald
Part 5

In the next part of my journey I nearly didn't level the former members of my team (Elrond the Sceptile and Mithril the Lairon), who were also the strongest. On the other side, Gollum the Seviper had a great increase in its level and Merry the Kecleon had some improving too. This all happened during a hunt for Team Aqua and Team Magma at Mt. Pyre and the events that happened consecutively. Unfortunately, when I got to the mount the two organizations had already fled, having done their harm. A sympathetic old couple told me a lot about what was going on. The Teams took two orbs, that would be used to awake two gigantic beasts from their sleep, and their power could bring a lot of destruction.
I had no choice other than follow the trail of the Teams. I first went to MT. Chimney, were Team Magma had a secret base. I managed to get in using a distinctive one of their grunts had left behind. Their base was inside the damn volcano, and because of this it was incredibly hot inside. I defeated the Team Magma grunts that appeared in my way one by one, and finally got to the Magma Admin Tabitha. After defeating him with honor, he tells me that Maxie is about to wake Groudon.
I ran to the place where Maxie was talking to Groudon, asleep in a pool of lava, with the Blue Orb in his hand. Ground reacts to the sound of Maxie's voice and wake up, but it doesn't obey him at all. Grodon jumps of Maxie's head and leave the volcano. Maxie becomes totally annoyed and flees, with all of the Team Magma Members.
I had a big problem now. Groudon was already awaken, but Team Aqua was still with the other orb and planning to wake the other beast. If that happens, the situation would be worse than ever since the battle of the beasts in the past. I went to Lilycove in the wings of my HM Slave Wingull. Team Aqua was installed in a sea cave near the shore. I went there, but two guards blocked my way. I was about to fight them when they told me that the other members of the Team had went away to steal a submarine. I immediately remembered the submarine that was being constructed at Slateport. I flew there the fastest I was able. There was a big event at the front of the harbor. A crowd surrounded Captaind Stern, that was answering an interview from TV. A voice with a megaphone announced that Team Aqua was taking the submarine with them.
I couldn't follow them, so I flew back to Lilycove, and if I'm lucky I'll catch this fish at its home. Oh, what a strange metaphor, maybe I'm spending too much time with this water-loving madmen.

Team

sceptile.gif

Elrond / Sceptile M / LV 39 @ Rawst

Facade
Leaf Blade
Aerial Ace
Screech

lairon.gif

Mithril / Aron F / LV 40 @ Silk Scarf

Iron Tail
Protect
Rollout
Take Down

torkoal.gif

Sauron / Torkoal F / LV 38 @ Pecha Berry

Flamethrower
Rest
Protect
Body Slam

seviper.gif

Gollum / Seviper M / LV 34 @ Rawst Berry

Screech
Toxic
Crunch
Poison Tail

kecleon.gif

Merry / Kecleon M / LV 34 @

Shadow Ball
Slash
Thunderbolt
Screech

I'll keep trying to prevent Team Aqua from awaking Kyogre.

BlissyMKW

Rawr
Years
So I finally got around to starting the run. Sure, I did slack off a bit (or a lot), but is that really important when I'm showing I've actually gotten something done. I wanted to wait until I got another member of my planned team before I updated, so here we are, at Eterna City. I got my second team member and I just gotta raise her up before I do the second gym so she can at least be a bit caught up in levels.

Team Ruby

388.png

Banzai (Grotle) Lv. 25 @ Nothing
Nature: Calm
Ability: Overgrow
Moves: Bite, Curse, Absorb, Razor Leaf

299.png

Roxanne (Nosepass) Lv. 14 @ Nothing
Nature: Sassy
Ability: Sturdy
Moves: Tackle, Harden, Rock Throw

Grotle is technically viable because it evolves into Torterra, and Nosepass was planned. You can probably see where I'm going so far with this team, but it's not complete yet and won't be for a little while. My next team member isn't even coming until Veilstone, and after that when I get Surf. Rotom is a possible mon I can get, but with no access to it's other forms, it might be a waste.

Years
p4ZiJ6F.png

Reptile run - Emerald
Final Part

Final Team
Spoiler:

I finally finished this challenge. It was fun to play.
A reptile team in emerald was a well balanced team - well, at least most of the time.
I read about strategy while playing, and it helped me defeat the Elite Four without having to overlevel my whole team. I defeated Sidney and Phoebe with ease, but Glacia's and Walrein was a trouble because almost my whole team was weak to either Water or Ice (This is the same reason Wallace was hard to beat too, but I'll talk about it later). But with a little help of Toxic and Swagger, and sending Rayquaza at the right moments to use its Thunder I managed to win. The battle against Drake was less dramatic. I can't say the same about Wallace. I ran out fo Hyper Potions and his Ice Beamers made a big damage to my team. I had only one pok?mon left. I used Revive to bring another one back, but the one in battle was knocked out. After some trouble, I finally sent in Rayquaza and it wasn't defeated in that turn. That gave me the chance to use Thunder to get rid of the Ice Beamers. After they were gone, I saw the way to victory.
That's it. Another game finished with sweat sliding on my forehead. :)

f5YJ4CO.png

I'll keep this team in my heart.

I've added the new UB's in the list. Assembly is in the Inorganic class, Burst in the Humanshape and Adhesive is in the Unclassifiable. I also added Lunala to the Mammals, since I figured out she is based on a bat. I also added Tornadus, Thudurus and Landorus's Therian Forms to the classes they fit, since I only had put them in the Humanshape because I considered only the Incarnate form. Now if you choose Reptile, for example, you can have Therian Thundurus in your team.
That's all folks, see you.

EDIT: Changed all Ultra Beasts except Buzzwole and Pheromosa, who are obviously based on bugs to Myths and Unclassifiable, cause they are too much alien to our nature. Also added separate categories to Fungi, Fish and Amphibian, for those who want a bigger chalenge.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen May 31, 2022
This looks like fun, and I've always wanted an excuse to use a Clefable and a Milotic, so here we go.

Username: keishajay
Class: Myths/Unclassifiable
Game: Sun (edit: using Nova Sun instead)
Single/Ultimate/Darwin: Single

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen May 31, 2022
I switched my playthrough over to Nova Sun, the hack by Dio Vento, because I like the greater scope of pokemon availability throughout the game. Variety is the spice of life and all that.

I started my playthrough with Popplio, as Primarina is on the list. I had to hunt for a while, but I finally found a Happiny on Route 1 and a few ghosts in the Hau'oli Cemetery. My Happiny was holding an oval stone when I caught her, so I was able to evolve her pretty quickly.

My current team is:
Spr_7s_562.png

Lurch
Lv. 23

Spr_7s_200.png

Bansheba
Lv. 23

Spr_7s_729.png

K-Pop
Lv. 25

Spr_7s_113.png

Egg Mama