• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

🎄 Club Holly Jolly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
I can't remember any instances where I did something for someone else's Christmas, which admittedly is rather shameful.

On a side note, our Christmas feast is going to be on Christmas Eve. My parents said all we'll be having come Christmas day are leftovers, since we'll be having a lot of people the day before then.

Years
I'll likely have a boring Christmas again, that is just the gifts and the food. My family is usually too lazy to put decorations up these days, and yeah that sadly counts the Christmas tree.

But it's still great that I had fun posting in this club and hopefully it becomes an annual event.

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
Years
I just spend time with my family and such. We unwrap presents, then we have a boiled dinner as well. It's not a huge christmas or anything, but it's enjoyable.

I agree with Hikamaru! It really was fun, even if i forgot about this place. XD I was better with this than the Halloween thread though.

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
Years
I'm pretty sure we are going to my grandparent's house and have some feast there, then come back and open our presents. And I agree, I just wished I became active in these holiday clubs, they seem really fun :3

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
I'm not sure if we'll be going over to someone to spend our Christmas; we will all likely be at our house hanging around together. Mom and my father are always busy, other than weekends, so my sister and I rarely get to spend some decent time with them and whatnot.

Also, I've gotten myself a set of PlayStation 4 today; thanks to Christmas deals, I was able to save a good portion of money on it! I haven't un-boxed, yet though; I'll likely do it sometime tomorrow. Knowing me, I likely would have spent my entire night tonight playing on the console if I had already opened it. I wish I were more controlling of myself, but unfortunately, it's kind of tough.

Along with PS4, I've also purchased a couple of games, which are Rayman Legends and Call of Duty: Ghosts. I already have these two for Xbox, but used version of these games seemed to have been quite cheap for PlayStation 4 in comparison to other games they had in-store. I'll be getting myself GTA as well pretty soon; next week, most likely!

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jul 22, 2022
christmas-cute-tree.gif

I'm so glad this club is a thing. My family and I went out and looked at Christmas lights together last night, and it was one of those few enjoyable moments we can have. {XD}

Years
Yeah, as I mentioned we'll be doing more on Christmas Eve than Christmas Day, but we'll be going over to our grandparents' on the day after Christmas (maybe even late Christmas night because we have to get back Saturday night; my brother has a flight home early Sunday). I was at Costco yesterday and saw some tablets that might interest me, which wouldn't be too much of a problem for me to cut out of my own money if I really wanted it.

But this was indeed a good time, yeah. I didn't join Club Nightmare, so i'm glad I had the chance to check out this instead.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
it's still 5 pm here. So Christmas is about a weee few hours away. Santa Claus has probably passed by London already.

My favorite Christmas Carol would probably be Carol of the Bells. The Pentatonix version is just spot on. <3 I freaking love it. Second favorite would be Happy Christmas (War is Over). I actually like the Maroon 5 version of it, but I haven't been able to buy it this year.

Years
I'm not certain if I'd call this my favorite Christmas song, but I really like You're A Mean One, Mr. Grinch. It's so ridiculous and isn't really about Christmas at all, but it's just so catchy and a fun track.

Aside from that, I also like Winter Wonderland and ta lot of the Peanuts tracks.

Years
  • Seen Feb 5, 2023
Christmas breakfast is in a few hours. This time of the year is truly my favorite, it is where everyone comes together, and I can catch up with old friends. For example, we met family in the other part of the state over the weekend and I was able to hang out with friends I hadn't seen in 4 years! It was great to catch up on how life has been. It was cool to see how we all had changed, but how similar we all still were. I'll stay up until 4 in the morning because Christmas movies are some of my favorite movies, I make sure to watch The Santa Claus and Home Alone 2 every year.

My favorite part of Christmas is waking up in the morning and eating breakfast with all of my family. This only happens a handful of times throughout the year and I am looking forward to it tomorrow. Merry Christmas everyone, hope you all have a wonderful day. :)

christmas-cute-tree.gif

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
CLUB HOLLY JOLLY WILL CLOSE AT 11:59 PM GMT - 8 (pacific time!)

In the meantime the one topic we've all been waiting for: What did you get for Christmas?

My Christmas right now has been spectacular. Full house, free booze, and I was able to learn about German culture from my uncle's current girlfriend.

First, I was surprised by Matt (El Heroe Oscuro) doing a theme dedicating to me. That was really awesome of him. <3 Then I got a bluetooth-enabled speaker bar! Now I am totally going to blow up the house with my awesome music. lmao. I also got gift cards from GameStop and Victoria's Secret, courtesy of my co-workers, a traveling charger, and brand new boots.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
I got a bunch of stuff from my parents-in-law which I didn't expect so that was nice :) also had booze and games with my boyfriend's cousins and siblings which was really great. Overall a lovely day!

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
Years
Well, as I said before, I got a mobile phone from my dad, a Starbucks mug, paper and pens, tumblers, perfumes, and stuff :3

It's kinda sad taht the club be closing later, but I guess we had fun :3

also inb4 new flash club for new years 2015 :3

Years
So what'd I get? Well...

At home:
-A nice blue collared shirt.
-Guardians of the Galaxy on DVD. Haven't seen the film but this'll be a good chance to.
-Black, warm pajama pants with white and red stripes.
-A box of sour Jelly Beans from Boscov's. I always liked those but haven't gotten to munch on them in recent times.
-A $20 gift card to Shake Shack, a burger place right near the mall I take the college shuttle to. They have some pretty darn tasty burgers.
-A pair of gloves that can fold to view all the finger holes or serve as fully wrapped. So I can choose how I want to wear them.
-A Phillies blanket. Hopefully I won't regret wrapping myself in it later!
-$100 and a $50 American Express card. Can buy myself something pretty with them.

At my grandparents' house:
-How To Train Your Dragon 2 on DVD. Another movie I heard was pretty good.
-Taylor Swift's 1989 album.
-A $50 iTunes card.
-Two Best Buy gift cards, one $25 and one $50.
-A $100 American Express card.
-A black and blue scarf.
-A jacket representing the college I go to.

And for my family's gifts, I picked up $25 Visa gift cards at work yesterday for both my mom and dad, and I already mentioned getting things for my brother. I didn't get anything for my relatives, though, didn't really occur to.

But thanks again for hosting this club, it was a really nice time! (:

Last edited:

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Yeah, we partied long and hard for 25 days. There was also some celebrations at other sections of PC too, including the 25 days of gaming. Glad to see you peeps enjoy it! Once an admin gets the emblem up and loaded I will distribute to those that have actively participated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back