• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y General Chat and Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

blue

gucci
Years
I would love a Pinsir/Heracross baby evolution and even though the recent rumor was fake, it certainly doesn't rule it out for this generation or a later generation.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
TBH, I hope Sylveon is the only cross gen evolution to a Kanto Pokemon in XY, because I'm reorganizing the Kanto Pokedex, in case of another R/B/Y remake, by including all cross gen (pre)evos of the Kanto Pokemon to make it go up to 190 as what GF originally intended to add before cutting down to 151. So far, the list is 183, so I need to add 7 more Pokemon in the roster, but they have to be Ghost-type Pokemon, Dragon-type Pokemon, and Pokemon who evolved via Dusk Stone and Light Stone to expand Agatha and Lance's team. So as much as I like to see a Lapras evo, I really don't want to see it happening, for it ruins this idea I came up with.

Munchlax11

Munch?
Years
  • Age 26
  • USA
  • Seen Feb 15, 2014
April 15 sounds like a possible date for new info. I think we will see some new news around that time. I'm surprised Sylveon's type hasn't been revealed yet...

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
April 15 sounds like a possible date for new info. I think we will see some new news around that time. I'm surprised Sylveon's type hasn't been revealed yet...

It actually makes a lot of sense. Sylveon's evolution method and type are potential spoilers to the upcoming movie short. Why would they want to spoil the movie? Its supposedly about the creation/discovery of Sylveon so they'd want to keep typing and evolution method secret until the last possible moment. That moment being the release and reveal during the movie.

So really. No one should be expecting Sylveon's type or evolution method for another 4 months.

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
It actually makes a lot of sense. Sylveon's evolution method and type are potential spoilers to the upcoming movie short. Why would they want to spoil the movie? Its supposedly about the creation/discovery of Sylveon so they'd want to keep typing and evolution method secret until the last possible moment. That moment being the release and reveal during the movie.

So really. No one should be expecting Sylveon's type or evolution method for another 4 months.

Are you sure that isn't too long? I just imagine that at least it's type wouldn't be too much of a spoiler for the short.

Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2015
I guess I can see that reasoning, but we know not much about the movie short ,we dont know that it's type is not a spoiler for the short. Im getting anxious about the type myself, but I guess we have to wait.

I just hope for more CoroCoro news next month. Some more game info, maybe some screenshots of the game, and another Pokemon or two. I dont expect that much.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
They should at least release it's type, as the short sounds like it's more about eevee's evolution into Sylveon than the actual type. Besides it's just a short, not like it's part of the whole movie...which by the way we've had spoilers for, such as the showing of Keldeo's resolution forme which was a center role in the main movie, yet was shown early, same with Kyurem's formes. Also the anime evolution may not necessary be the game's evolution method seeing how Kyurem's formes don't work the same way, and some of the Pokémon that evolve by trade with items just evolve by exposure to the item, skipping the trading part.

Anyways let's hope they reveal the typings of the mascots at least, that or for them to have more new Pokémon, as talking about the mascots, and Sylveon's typings has gotten kind of old.

blue

gucci
Years
I'm kinda surprised at how little we know given how much time has passed since the announcement, over a span of two months we've only had the game reveal, starters, legendaries and Sylveon. I would have expected a little more, even if it's just anime news or some further details on the new features in X & Y. I suppose there is another seven months until the release but still.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I'm not surprised. In generation 5 we only had the silhouettes at this point of the starters, the two legendaries and Zoroark/Zorua. We didn't even see anything of the region iirc so gen 6 is much faster than that. It's just weird because they revealed it all at once really... so you'd expect "more".

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 21, 2021
I remember back when the 5th gen was coming there was somebody posting silhouettes of the new pokemon. (and he might have been drawing them too)

Does anyone remember how soon before the games were actually released this happened? I thought it was a month or two but I'm not really certain.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
September. About a week or so before the games were released. And it was PokeExperto. Not sure if it's going to happen that way again... :( I kind of doubt it this time really.

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
September. About a week or so before the games were released. And it was PokeExperto. Not sure if it's going to happen that way again... :( I kind of doubt it this time really.
Yeah something tells me after that fiasco no one is showing anyone, anything.

Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2015
I very much doubt that Melkor(the Pokexperto guy) will be given a lot of inside info again so the same thing wont happen with XY. Nintendo was not happy about him leaking all that.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
When do you guys think we'll get some real news? I'm hoping we get something along the way to April 15.
The procedure for speculators:

"We should get some news on 'Month 1' 15th."

Date passes. The next day:

"I believe we'll get more info on 'Month 2' 15th."

Date passes. The next day:

"We're due for info on 'Month 3' 15th."

Rinse, lather, repeat.

Sorry, had to point this out. :D And it'll likely turn into that until about September because of past leaks.

Cyclone

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Yeah something tells me after that fiasco no one is showing anyone, anything.

Considering that Filb.de even went as far as to post: Due to legal issues we will not be posting images, but we will detail the leak. (I paraphrased cause Google translate is stupid)

They did not post any images from CoroCoro this month and just wrote it out. More sites may fall to this as well in the future, so I feel I can safely say, news is going to be incredibly slow. Even if we get news, images and actual proof will come a day or two afterwards even for the CoroCoro just do people don't get sue'd.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 16, 2020
I can wait another month of no X Y news as I've been spending my time, since X & Y was revealed, focusing my hype on other things like Wii U and 3DS games I want, Smash Bros. (including two fan games I'm following), and surfing the web looking up memes.

But one thing I'm hoping is that North American Nintendo/Pokémon Facebook pages keep on sharing the latest news not long after it was revealed in Japan territories like they've done with the XY reveal and Sylveon as I enjoy knowing that we got the English information almost instantly rather than weeks or months later.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
I believe BW only skipped out in one month of news during it's news cycle in Corocoro, so maybe we won't get another month without news...it'll likely be minor from here on until the summer however.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back